• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Shouldn't there be a cap?

• Thread starter ImperatorMaximus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

There is a player in the 5th server, East-Nagach that pretty much doubled his/her score in a matter of minutes from about 10,000 points to over 20,000, jumping from around rank 20 to rank 1. The server is about 2 weeks old.

The player has now multiple Diamonds Expansions, 16 Manors, 14 Mansions, 4 Spice Traders, 2 Windmills, 3 Palaces and other cash only buildings.

Since the town has LMA buildings then all 1200+ Forge Points needed for EMA, HMA and at least one entry in LMA have been paid with cash. The research alone did cost a little fortune.

I understand that a free game like FoE depends on the existence of "whales", overspending players that in a urge to prevail spend in a day more money than needed to host a server for a year. I truly understand that without players like this one there will be no game altogether.

Still, it's pretty disconcerting to see how fast a player can advance just because he/she can afford it. It makes a mockery of the rest of us still collecting gold, tools and goods while with only $1,000 we can finish the game in half an hour.

If you are one of the "lucky" ones staying in his/her neighborhood imagine fighting troops that are 3 ages highers than yours :)

My questions is this: shouldn't there be a cap on a the amount of diamonds you can use per day? Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can see why you'd be frustrated by a diamond user but I doubt the game devs will cap the amount of diamonds solely because of profits. My view in EXTREME diamond use is; they wont be here long (They'll get bored fast)

DeletedUser

I can see why you'd be frustrated by a diamond user but I doubt the game devs will cap the amount of diamonds solely because of profits. My view in EXTREME diamond use is; they wont be here long (They'll get bored fast)

Hallelujah!

Research alone can pay my bills for a month.

DeletedUser

There is a player in the 5th server...

good and important post my friend. im a noob here, but experienced with other games of this genre (a veteran of CoR). what you have is common with these types of game. the spenders will spend. but as you quite rightly pointed out, without spenders, there would be no free game (as it lacks in-game advertising).

complaining will never resolve this. simply because the game needs them. so you can look at this as more of a challenge. rather than just calling them out, play better. you obviously have considerable experience; demonstrate it :) my method of play is to play fairly and with an element of courtesy to all players and above all, play well...play very well. show that by having a better understanding, you can out play any amount of the spenders deposit.

im on your server. i wish you a good game.

PS the game is good, i like it. the battle system is unlike any other, though reminds me of the board game risk. other than the in-game wiki, can you refer to other reference material? what i find here is lacking.

namaste

eum

DeletedUser

I understand that having a player that spends in a day several hundred Euros to get ahead is a game developer's dream but the P2P (Pay To Win) factor should be limited in FoE as it is in other games of its kind (e.g. 20-25% bonus to coins).

Allowing a player to finish in matter of minutes the entire research tree can spoil the fun for some players.

I've seen greedy web games before (e.g. games with packages of premium items that run as high as $10,000) but even those games don't allow you to finish the game in half an hour, the players that spend a lot of cash get a considerable advantage but they don't "beat the game".

The only thing that remotely resembles what I have seen today is playing AoE with cheats (god mode, unlimited supplies) and setting the game to Novice (a dumb AI that never attacks and barely puts up a fight when being conquered).

I am all for diamond sales, my question was related to having a limit for their daily usage. A guy that stole his mom's credit card should still be allowed to charge it to the max if he wants to but he should not be allowed to use all the diamonds in the same day.

DeletedUser276

discussions about diamonds can be held on this thread.

since this is a second thread I will be closing it as a duplicate.

ah well just remembered :) that thread I linked in here was up under careful watch and people started posting that my warnings that the posts were non contributory the players started posting hate posts in it towards staff as such I have gotten rid of that thread. There will no longer be discussions on player vs diamond purchasers since it obviously cannot be handled maturely.

Status
Not open for further replies.