• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Settlements step by step

Giskler

Legend
Ok here is a rundown on what you do:

Start the settlement, build 4 shacks, 10 runestones and roads then build 1 axe guy when shacks are up. Complete the first 4 quests. Wait 1 hour and start a 4 hour production (always 4 hours unless you are sleeping or know you can't collect).

Look at the development tab and check the totals you need of each good. Write it down if you want. Once the first collection comes in, unlock the first expansion and start a new production. Stuff your 4 shacks in the new expansion without roads and build 4 new ones.

When you second collection comes in, build the 2nd expansion. Start a third production run. Repeat the shack thing. When your fourth production comes in unlock shrines. Delete 4 shacks and put down 4 shrines. Start running shrine productions and connect a few shacks with roads if possible. Run 6 more productions to unlock the brewery.

Make room for the brewery, delete a couple shrines if you have to. Run 2 productions to unlock 2 more expansions, build more shrines (you want 6-7 at all times). Keep producing axes and mead until you can unlock huts. Unlock huts and start replacing shacks, but make efficient use of the space you have. Depending on rocks etc, it can be better to have a few shacks than one more hut and a tons of extra population.

Keep producing mead and axes until you unlock horns guy. Now get 2 more expansions, more huts, more shrines etc. NOW. Check again the amount of goods you need for the next unlocks if you only need a few of one type and tonnes of the other two, you can put down 3-4 of the type you need the least of and just produce until you are done for the rest of the unlocks then replace with another type and so on.

Ideally you want to stockpile enough of each good you need for the rest of the settlement before you unlock wool farms so that you can just have 4-5 wool farms running 24/7 for the wool you need. Once you have all the wool for the last 3 unlocks, delete everything except a few huts and place totems enough to cover the 1200 diplomacy cost. Then complete all the quests by building markets etc all the way to the end quest and finish it.

I have completed it within the gold timer every time and I use 8 expansions. Crit collections speed things up by several days.

eon1299

Private
I do it almost the same way and get top reward every time. The only difference is - i start settlement a few hours before i go to bed. 1st i build enough shacks and disconnect them to be able to build 2 axesmiths. Then i run 8hr productions in axesmiths over night, in the morning i have enough axes to open shrines and get 2 expansions and enough copper to do 1 4hr production. During that 4 hour production i build shrines and get more copper.