• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Setting up defense needs to be in the tutorial.

DeletedUser110308

Could you please add setting your soldiers to defend your city to the tutorial? Few of my neighbours know about it despite being at iron age. I only worked it out because I watched a replay of someone kicking my but in PvP and realised that the army I'd set up to take into battle wasn't the same as defence, a kind player in global chat walked me through what to do.
At the moment there is a player going through the whole neighbourhood attacking everyone that has no defence and retreating when he hits those of us that do. Those I've contacted have assumed that they aren't strong enough to defeat him so aren't fighting back, not realising that the army they have set to take into battle isn't also set for defence.

DeletedUser100065

I know many players that don't want to set up a defence as it just gives away PvP points to anyone attacking. However it would make sense as constant plunder is one of the main driving forces that make new players quit.

DeletedUser110308

Perhaps the disadvantages need to be mentioned too, I don't understand the idea behind not having a defence myself. :blush:

DeletedUser100065

I don't understand the idea behind not having a defence myself.
PvP towers are based on most points at the end of the week, You get more points killing 8 units than killing two spearmen. So the person with no defence gives competition less points and makes it easier to win the towers. Although really most PvP points come from GE and GvG now but used to be a common tactic to have no defence and collect on time to avoid plunder.

DeletedUser108379

If players would learn in the tutorial how to set up an army for defence that would be could.
What kind of troops a player uses than it up to him. But he than can make a decision between good defense or no points. But without knowing how to do, he cannot make a decision.

Vesiger

Monarch
Agreed: it's not at all obvious. I didn't know that your defence army had to be set up separately, and I've done across a lot of newer players since who don't know either.

DeletedUser653

Be careful many of the players who hit you for PvP points make it a rule to plunder all non defended cities since they are hitting you for PVP points. so you can get more plundering not less by not having a decent defence.

Try the forum guilds sector and youtube for advice on troop setup