• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Send requests to join a guild.

• Thread starter DeletedUser7056
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7056

Proposal:
Give players the option to send a request to either the founder of a guild or a leader to join a guild. Instead of having to send a message to the founder and then have them reply and then have them send you invite. Its just an inconvenience at the moment in my honest opinion.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?:
Yes I have skimmed the Ideas section for the same idea and haven't to my knowledge noticed anything.

Reason:
Guild founders will notice that they will receive more requests to join their guild than players private messages asking to join. It will be much more time efficient, 1 click and done.

Details:
So in a brief explanation this will save the player a lot of time when trying to join a guild. When a player views a guilds profile they will see a button saying "Request to join" If he/she clicks such button it will remotely change to "Request Sent" and next that button will be another button saying remove request. The message will go to a "Guild Inbox" only viewable by guild leaders and the founder. The inbox will have a "Show Request Section" and a "Blocked User" section. All request from players to join the guild will appear in this section and a leader or founder must accept it before the player is able to join the guild. The "Blocked User" section will show all the users the guild founder has blocked. The guild founder may only block people in order to make sure there is no corruption within the group of leaders. All users in that section will not be allowed to communicate with the guild i.e send requests to join. So if a player requests to join a guild the player will then have to wait for a founder or a leader to view and accept the player by clicking "Accept Player Request" instead of sending an invite to the player. If the request was denied it will be removed from the request section. And the player will once again be able to request to join the guild. However if the player is spamming the 'Guild inbox' the guild founder will then block the player.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
Players could potentially abuse this improvement by sending multiple requests to the guild one after another and spam the request box. So, simply once the player clicks the button that would say "Send Invite Request" then it would say "Invite Request Sent" when clicked and the player may not send another request to the guild inbox unless it has been either accepted or deleted. If the request has been deleted and the player persists then the 'founder' of the guild can put the player on a block list. This will notify the player that he/she has been blocked from the guild and can no longer communicate. Another situation that can cause crashes of some sort is if the player previously requested another guild and has just been accepted by another guild. To prevent this from happening simply only let a player request to join one guild at a time. They can be provided with a message saying "You have previously requested to join another guild please remove your past request to request (such) guild".

I wrote this up pretty quickly so I apologize for poor use of grammar, spelling and anything you might not fully understand or something repeated. If you do not understand something please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Please read this thread - Link

All Idea submissions must follow the correct template.

DeletedUser7056

Sorry, completely my fault. I have redesigned the post and explained it in my more detail following the guide. Please consider this idea.

DeletedUser4800

+1 to this idea. Was thinking of suggesting the same thing, but never came around to it.

DeletedUser2029

+1 from me

small problem
the number of sent invites at the moment is 80 minus number of guild members, so if this is implemented, there should be an automated message to the applicant that guild shortlist is full (or something in that manner) and that s/he should apply later or contact that guilds inviter or just plain rejected or...

DeletedUser

As long as the guild leaders get to choose whether or not to use this feature, I won't mind. But if not, then I'm against it. As a guild leader, I do want to interview possible members and judge whether or not they get in based on the outcome. I do not want to be flooded with requests to join me, when I will have to contact the player myself with an actual message anyways. I much prefer a smart, thought through application in writing :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

As a co-founder I have too many other things to do so the best thing I did was to have a secretary who handles all joining applications by finding out if the applicant passes our joining criteria and accepts our terms and conditions. If they pass then my secretary then informs me so that I can do the final assessment. I am free to run the guild without my message inbox being full of unwanted mail. If a player wants to join your guild they should be prepared to wait a day or so to allow for the assessment. If you delegate jobs to members of your guild, as a founder you should only have to monitor your leaders etc and give you more time to spend in the game. If you are wishing to join a guild you can't expect to join quickly with being assessed.

DeletedUser

small problem
the number of sent invites at the moment is 80 minus number of guild members, so if this is implemented, there should be an automated message to the applicant that guild shortlist is full

Or just have it be two lists: Invitations and Applications. Invitations would be initiated by the guild, and would detract from the total number. Applications would be initiated by hopeful members and would not count toward the total number.

And +1 to this idea.

DeletedUser1094

Now, what's wrong with the good old-fashioned way : Sending a letter to whomever is in charge, asking for an invite? It has worked so far... as long as the Guild-leaders remember to use the Guild-profile to tell, who's in charge. ;)

I can't think of many drawbacks to this idea... though, it might be seen as a luxury-thingy and not a real new innovative game-play idea. :rolleyes:
I'll let this one keep floating for now...

DeletedUser4800

Now, what's wrong with the good old-fashioned way : Sending a letter to whomever is in charge, asking for an invite? It has worked so far... as long as the Guild-leaders remember to use the Guild-profile to tell, who's in charge. ;)

I can't think of many drawbacks to this idea... though, it might be seen as a luxury-thingy and not a real new innovative game-play idea. :rolleyes:
I'll let this one keep floating for now...
LOL. Please, this is getting ridiculous. Some don't put "founder, boss, leader, etc" in the titles so you pretty much have to randomly PM people to get invited.

DeletedUser

[...] as long as the Guild-leaders remember to use the Guild-profile to tell, who's in charge. ;)

Um, yeah... Do you think I (or the *cough* founder) should be adding that K.D.? :D

As for the proposal. I think that it would make sense to have such a feature as I know from *cough* experience that not all guilds are that... how should I put it... informative. :rolleyes:

Regards,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser

LOL. Please, this is getting ridiculous. Some don't put "founder, boss, leader, etc" in the titles so you pretty much have to randomly PM people to get invited.

I wasn't aware of this until you brought it up!
I think as an addition, or perhaps completely different idea, the devs should at least somehow show in Guild Profiles who has invitational rights, so players know who to contact.
A counter argument could be that those players should give themselves titles and notify in the profile who to contact.. but I think many players aren't aware that this is required..

- L

DeletedUser

[...] those players should give themselves titles [...]

You mean have the founder or a leader give them a respective title? I'm asking because I just wanted to know if it's actually possible to give oneself a title, that would be new to me...

I like the proposal though. Did you post it yet? You should. :)

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser

Hey Bloodwyn,

"those players" was referring to the leaders and founders from the previous sentence (players with invitational rights). ;)
Only they can give titles to guild members, I believe.

I haven't proposed it yet, but since it's just a minor feature, it might as well be added to this idea unless people think different.

- L

DeletedUser

Yeah, that's what I thought. I was asking because I'm a leader myself (not a founder!) and noticed a while back that I can't give other leaders a title nor can I give myself one. I assume the founder of my guild would be capable of doing so, but I was curious whether this has changed or I missed something (though I guess not).

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

DeletedUser1094

I think as an addition, or perhaps completely different idea, the devs should at least somehow show in Guild Profiles who has invitational rights, so players know who to contact.
- L

+1 from me. Where's the Idea-thread? :rolleyes:

Bloodwyn said:
Um, yeah... Do you think I (or the *cough* founder) should be adding that K.D.?
Oh, please don't... ;) see below...

SlickR said:
:o Note to self... "Gotta choose the words a bit better" :o
I, of course, meant those in charge of recruiting. Sorry about that...
If a Guild doesn't want any applications for new memberships, they can skip it of course...otherwise I think it's a must, to have the name(s) of the Guild-recruiter in the Guild-Profile.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi Mutzena, I would like to join your guild. Could you please send me an invitation? I am near the end of Iron Age and focusing on producing goods.
Thank you,
Vlad

DeletedUser1094

It seems like an idea that could be useful and that it's generally liked by other users...

I'll PASS this one on...

Status
Not open for further replies.