• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Send buildings directly to antique dealer exchange from city

Proposal: Provide the option when editing/moving buildings to send it directly to the antique dealer exchange

Have you checked for similar ideas?: Yes

Reason: Coins in the antique dealer are becoming harder to come by. Store building items, which I thought you previously of little use (and as a result had many of them), have now all but been used up storing items to then exchange in the antique dealer. I have only a couple of store items left now that I want to save for when I really do want to store a building, not just recycle for antique dealer coins.

Details: Whilst editing the map/buildings, players have the option to send to antique dealer exchange directly. This would allow players to not be hindered while tidying up their map whilst being able to efficiently recycle buildings without using up their store building items.

Balance: I don't believe any rebalancing would be necessary.

Visual Aids:

DeletedUser12400

Well that's the price you have to pay for your decision for putting that building in your city. I believe you gained enough bonuses from the building and now it's up to you to store it for antique dealer or delete it. The store kit is losing it's significance by your suggestion and makes your game play easier. I can assure you that this will not be implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Great!

Another brilliant repeat idea, that actually falls under the DNSL!!!

Last edited:
I followed the guide, did the search and browed the entire Do not suggest list. Perhaps instead of posting smart ass comments how about show me the original idea link to backup your statement.

This was my first idea post, after many years playing the game at a good level, with a feature that I noticed would be helpful, why would I post an idea that was not helpful to my gameplay? Responses like yours won't encourage further posts.

DeletedUser12400

I followed the guide, did the search and browed the entire Do not suggest list. Perhaps instead of posting smart ass comments how about show me the original idea link to backup your statement.

This was my first idea post, after many years playing the game at a good level, with a feature that I noticed would be helpful, why would I post an idea that was not helpful to my gameplay? Responses like yours won't encourage further posts.
That's the reality. There a thin line between improving and make easier. Of course it's easier to play without thinking through and obtaining store buildings. Simply drop building immediate upgrade and sell or reap the benefit and once its useless then sell it in antique dealer. If I use store building then simply for antique dealer and nothing else same as many players I keep my inventory clean as possible and keeping my eyes on auction and offers.

Not Going to happen - you must use a store bldg. to get them back into inventory - assuming you want to scrap an event bldg. in the auction house.

I would rather see the silly "buy a troop" unit removed - they are a waste of coins.
Or - Change them to one-age up troops - then they would be worth buying and would make sense to being in the auction house.

DeletedUser12400

I would rather see the silly "buy a troop" unit removed - they are a waste of coins.
Yes and a little no since in lower eras unattached unit especially if it's not unlocked in tech tree might be useful.

Agent327

Overlord

Yeah right. I will do your work for you. You browsed the entire DNSL and misssed the fist line? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing out the problem. It is helpfull for YOUR gameplay, not THE gameplay.

I was getting annoyed with your unhelpful, petty and agumentative responses, until I read through a few more idea threads (even in the forwarded ideas) and can see that's just your style so I'm not taking it personally. Keep up the good work mate! :lol:

Agent327

Overlord
I was getting annoyed with your unhelpful, petty and agumentative responses, until I read through a few more idea threads (even in the forwarded ideas) and can see that's just your style so I'm not taking it personally. Keep up the good work mate! :lol:

I will if you start it.

DeletedUser117610

@Cargs The Terrible yeah you have the right attitude to it. Use the ignore feature and move on. Means you can't see the feedback from these people and respond to it but honestly there is not point, they never add value to any discussion.

Here's a sample of the responses I've enjoyed:
  • Better army management - no it's great having to reset the same armies over and over again. I mean it's only 8 swipes, click to unit type and drag, click to SAM to filter rogues and click all, and repeat. Why would you want to change that?
  • Better quest management - no it's fine having to leave a GB you're putting fp on, click or swipe multiple times to reset the same quest and then go back into the GB to put more fp down. Also it would break the game because of UBQ (despite the fact that devs obviously intentionally put in UBQ + Surprise to support exactly this mechanic and it's only viable at low level where the good exchange means you're probably better off just going up ages). Why would you want to change that? (this one was actually forwarded despite protests right up until the last minute by one of these types).
  • Refresh armies - fool this was suggested 3 years ago using completely different terms why didn't you find it in a search?
  • Show sector names on the map - downvote I mean why wouldn't you want to click on multiple sectors to find the one you're searching for?
  • + more
The moderators don't seem willing or able to do anything about this behaviour. A "forum ambassador" sometimes even likes the comments from these guys.

People who come here to post (1) enjoy the game (2) take the time and effort to share their ideas. They are met overwhelmingly with hostility and negative reactions, and it is standard practice to say 'said before' in a disparaging way and normally incorrectly because they don't both to even read and consider what is being said. Yes some people ask for rotate buildings over and over again and similar, but that doesn't justify the hostility. It is simple just to say "suggested before" and move on but these types aren't respectful at all (which breaches forum ToU incidentally and IMO should cause them to be banned). Instead, just about everyone I speak with hates coming here because of the reaction they receive. Which means that instead of fostering a helpful community people give up and you end up with forums filled with hate and spite. It's not healthy and I seriously don't understand why it is allowed to continue.

I enjoy this game but it has the worst UI/UX of any game I've played in recent years. It is in desperate need of some usability enhancements. I've had friends who have literally left the game because despite enjoying some of the mechanics have become sick and tired of the UX. But we can't get this message through to the developers because of the self defeating and loathsome attitude of some of the people who inhabit these forums.

EDIT: I had 3 specific people in mind when I wrote this; it wasn't my intent to disparage the other genuine contributors who brave coming here. Respect to the genuine contributors, and sincerely thank you for your continued efforts and service to the community. It is just unfortunate that your voices are drowned out by the others. This post is specifically aimed at the trolls who live here under the bridge. If you read any number of posts on this forum you know who I'm talking about. Also to add that I don't expect or even want people to agree with me all of the time as different view foster healthy discussion and improvement.. Taking the ship warning as an example; this is something that happened to me once and will not likely happen again. I just posted because it stuck in my mind after several weeks. At the time I thought 'gee that was dumb' and then 'why did the interface allow me to do something silly without a warning'? It's not a hill to die on, it was just an idea I shared. If you don't like it that's fine IDC.

I'm going to post another suggestion in a few minutes. It's a minor UI improvement that would be helpful to me. I've done my DD and searched for similar ideas and haven't found it. I know it will be met with negative response but you know, I'm going to post anyway, because I do think it would be helpful. I'm willing to take the time and effort to offer suggestions to improve the game. It helps that I've blocked the 3 users who in particular respond negatively to everything irrespective of merit. Because people avoid the forums there won't be much response I can see as a result, which is disappointing as it would be nice to have some back and forth with other players to try to enhance ideas and some up with something we can all get behind and put to the developers to *demand* improvement. But hey that's not how it works, so just ignore the usual suspects and keep plugging away. And who knows maybe something eventually will make it through the wall of petty hatred.

Respectfully,
Grok

@hawknz @Emberguard I would value your feedback on this, here or in pm.