• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Selling Roof Tile House- no increase in provided happiness

Drama-Queen

Corporal
I sold Roof Tile House, it shows -44 people +44 happiness plus the cost going; but count of people down, but happiness stays the same (did not looked at coins or resources). I did that twice in a row just to make sure I was correct.[ Even left the game and logged in again, just in case, but no increase in happiness

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser65

do you already have a 120% bonus??(if so you wont gain anything)
if you dont have the 120% bonus and still don't maybe you haven't passed the the 1.4 threshold

Drama-Queen

Corporal
Yes I have 120% as I try to keep it that way all the time, but why would not provided happiness count increase? That does not make sense; I know I cannot go over 120%, but provided happiness count should be increasing regardless if I am 120% or mnot to allow for future buildings.

DeletedUser

It should increase, but we appear to be having some issues with server refresh rates, just to make sure it is not one of these, can you update this thread after a few hours and if it still has not changed I will report it as a bug...

Drama-Queen

Corporal
I just did an experiment; moved my Tavern away from a path so my happiness dropped down from 120% .
Provided happiness went from 1661 to 1381
Sold one Tile Roof House; Provided happiness stayed at 1381 - no increase of 44 points.
Moved Tavern back to a path - happiness up to 1661

This makes it difficult switching from Roof Tile Houses to Cottages as I keep loosing on the provided happiness count every single time

Last edited:

DeletedUser65

i dont think you gain happiness, all it does is increase your available happiness. let me try explain

you have 2000 happiness
you have 1000 population
so you have 1000 available happiness.

now you sell your cottage losing 100 population.
your happiness remains at 2000
your population drops to 900 and
your available happiness rises from 1000 to 1100.

i hope this explains it a little better

DeletedUser

Yep - your exactly right farmer... its not the happiness that falls - its the population, so what increases is the number of happy people, but if your already at 140 percent you notice nothing... Not a bug

Drama-Queen

Corporal
One more point, developers should heck if this is associated with my problem when I ended up with -7 count in available population. I believe it may be related, but I would like to have it fixed regardless as I want to s"upgrade" all my Roof Tile Houses :)

Drama-Queen

Corporal
BUT my provided happiness in NOT going up! That's what I am saying (or trying to say anyway)

Besides, I went to my son's computer, sold one of his roof top houses and his provided happiness count went up 44 points even though he is at 120% also

Now that my cottage is build I dropped down from 120%; I "upgraded" 5 Roof Top Houses to Cottages so far and not received a single "return Happiness" from the sales even though it showed "flowing up 44 happiness" for each Roof top House sold.
From my calculation I was short-changed 220 (5 x 44) of Provided Happiness. This short fall dropped me down from 120%.
:(

Last edited:

DeletedUser

happiness does not go up, it only goes up by adding happiness buildings or monuments, the population goes down, so the number of people that are made happy by your happiness buildings increases...

EG: Happiness 5000, Population 4000, 80 percent 120 percent happy then delete a building with 100 population... Happiness 5000 Population 3900 122 percent happy, but the happiness doesnt go up at all...

DeletedUser65

but your available happiness is not listed anywhere. the only thing that actually changes is your population drops. you have to calculate the available happiness yourself

the picture on the left was my base happ/pop. i sold a cottage which gave me -73 pop(the pic on the right) you can see underneath i calculated my availabe happiness which increased by 73 in the right pic

2ljpd7c.jpg

Drama-Queen

Corporal
So why does it show "flowing up happiness when I sell? It even says you will get back 44 of provided happiness. Well the way I am going all my people will be drunk soon with all the Taverns I am building :D

Last edited: