• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sell Forge Point Packages

A good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • So-so

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Proposal:

Enable Forge Point Packages to be bought, always costing at least the amount of Forge Points of the package being bought.

Reasons:

All players get to a point where they are waiting to go up an age but have nothing specific to do with their FPs.

Lower-level players, especially, need to be able to store FPs so that they can compete on Great Building contributions with more established players who have a much larger FP income (not that they still won't be able to compete often, which is proper for their development stage, but they will be able to compete occasionally).

Potentially absorb some of the spare Coins or Tavern Silver hanging around.

Offer yet another way for players to spend their money.

Details:

A mechanism would be provided so that Forge Points on the FP Bar could be converted into FP Package(s). This would be at a greater cost than the Forge Points being stored.

Some indications on my thoughts on the costs:
  • 10 FP Package costs 11 FP
  • 10 FP Package costs 10 FP and 1000 Tavern Silver
  • 10 FP Package costs 10 FP and 500 Coins (I'm really unsure what the right conversion rate is for Tavern Silver v Coins)
  • 5 FP Package costs 6 FP
  • 5 FP Package costs 5 FP and 300 Tavern Silver and 200 Coins
  • 5 FP Package costs 5 FP and 5 Diamonds
The way to access this feature would probably be best through the Market. To avoid confusion of newbie players, it will need to be held back, probably unitl late Iron Age.

Balance:

I think this can help even the balance between players of young cities and players of mature cities. The game is increasingly becoming about FP and sniping/gazumping great buildings. By being able to store forge points, the more junior cities can take part in this.

Abuse Prevention:

I'm not sure there is a possibility of abuse, so long as purchasing packages always costs at least as many FP from the bar.

Summary:

Enable storage of FPs, at a cost always more than the FPs.

joesoap

Major-General
First off I don't understand why cities a month old deserve or need to be balanced with cities over several years old
And secondly I don't think this idea balances anything, young cities can convert their hourly earned fps whereas older cities will just be able to convert the hundreds they earn every day
Fps aren't a part of the game that are ignored, changes have been made to them recently so devs must have an idea as to how they want them to work

First off I don't understand why cities a month old deserve or need to be balanced with cities over several years old
A player with a young city, producing only 24FP per day, stands a neglibible chance of using those FP to gain by contributing to a Great Building, in the face of players to whom 24FP is pocket change. The only chance they have is by storing up FP enough to apply a large block at a time.

This won't balance them in FP or benefit with the established player, since they can't afford to do it often, but they will at least be able to do it, in approximate proportion to the FP they are earning.

And secondly I don't think this idea balances anything, young cities can convert their hourly earned fps whereas older cities will just be able to convert the hundreds they earn every day
I don't think that is too much of a problem, though there could be a cap on how much can be converted in a day.

Fps aren't a part of the game that are ignored, changes have been made to them recently so devs must have an idea as to how they want them to work
Indeed changes have been made. And helpful players think about those changes and the effects and make suggestions on how to make the game better for everyone.

vikingraider

Emperor
The idea of trying to give new cities a chance with fp banking is an idea I agree with and have thought about before. However I thought that, as has been mentioned, that older cities would have the chance to bank 000's of fp a day so new players are still at a massive disadvantage.

I don't think that is too much of a problem, though there could be a cap on how much can be converted in a day.

This is a good idea. Maybe a 25fp per day banking cap, then it gives new players a chance to bank all their fp. Experienced players can easily change their fp by donating to Gb's even for a loss since their fp output is a lot higher but it gives new players a bit more of a chance.

DeletedUser110179

Perhaps, the main reason I play on the 5-year-old EN-veteran-servers is to compete with the veterans (and play catch-up) ... but I've found that the veterans have been more of a help than a hindrance ... so I'm left competing with, myself, the clock and the rankings.

I can't decide whether access to more fp-packs, simply more fps, bigger friends or a well-developed Arc would better accelerate my advancement (or any newbie for that matter) ... or whether an accelerated advancement is even preferable (sometimes kids just need to be kids rather than being adults before their time) .

FoE (like life) is a journey, rather than a destination (or goal) ... so we enjoy the ride (for it may not always be here) .

A lack of understanding isn't really an argument for or against the proposal.

changes have been made to them recently so devs must have an idea as to how they want them to work
While the developers were central in creating the game they also require input from players to continue giving the game strong direction.
Like all relationships ... some form of equality may, by necessity, be necessary to continue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111351

Several things here.
1. This thread's title really needs to be changed to "Buy Forge Points Packages" (or even more clear, "Forge Packages in Shop"). I almost didn't even click to glance inside as I can see no possible benefit to me selling my packages. The only reason I looked was because I was really curious to see why someone thought that would be good.

2. I like the idea of banking FPs, but I'm a bit worried about game balance. Right now I find that banking FP is the primary draw I have into helping other players with GB construction. I find it rare that I earn as many FP back as I put in. Most often I'm am putting in several multiples of what I get back. If this were implemented with the rates suggested, I imagine a great many players would cease GB help (or at least greatly reduce it) in favor of the direct purchase. I have a feeling this would actually hurt small players much more than it would help.

3. The primary benefit in being able to compete with big players is in a fighting chance to earn rewards on Big GB. While this is certainly something a lot of players try to do, I'm not sure how much it is in the game's interest to aid players in the act of getting Arcs and other late-game GB way before they were meant to have access to them. The easier it becomes to obtain late-game pieces early, the more all the intermediary buildings and tech becomes totally obsolete.

I'm not opposed to the idea of having a direct route to getting FP packages. I do think it's a slippery slope though.

DeletedUser110179

I find it rare that I earn as many FP back as I put in. Most often I'm am putting in several multiples of what I get back.
Surely, you make swaps ... either by formal arrangement or informally thru the swap threads .

You get back what you put in AND the GB rewards are a nett Profit on top ... effectively making 110 , 120 or maybe 150 % on investment
(if you're lucky or industrious) .
Without swapping, you're actually losing fps ... synonymous with skipping daily collections
(The aim is to grow your GBs efficiently, effectively ... and speedily, if you so choose) .

Snipers, usually have a hi-level ARC which boosts their GB-rewards to the point of making "non-swaps" profitable (anything upto 90% or beyond) .
Many players snipe 1 or 2 for bps (maybe 5th) or empty slots (a little opportunism) ... but that's a different matter entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111351

Surely, you make swaps ... either by formal arrangement or informally thru the swap threads .
Not really. I understand the swap concept, and may well use it, but that's when my goal is to level my existing GB. Swapping by no means assures me of any actual FP return in the form of packages. Swap threads (which my guild on my main home doesn't even have), spread my FP all over the place and increase the odds that all I get is a 4th, 5th or lower finish.

If I had the right "friends," the right daily FP production, and spent a great deal of effort organizing swaps, then maybe I could get high FP return. As it stands, that isn't really the case.

So, no, I find that I can earn more packages per FP spent by not swapping.