• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Selecting Units (my own idea)

DeletedUser7719

Proposal:
Select the first 8 units when you double-click

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I am not a great searcher, but off searching random words, I couldn't find anything

Reason:
If you have 30 of the same units, you only want to select 8 of them

Details:
Instead of selecting all units when double-clicking, it will select the first 8 (maybe even the first 8 healthy units)

Visual Aids:
I hope I don't need one

Balance:
This doesn't affect balance

Abuse Prevention:
Making our lives easier

Summary:
When double-clicking a unit, it will select the first 8 (instead of all) of the same unit

DeletedUser2029

since I never have more than 2 military buildings at a time, I really can't help you

DeletedUser

I think it's a good idea.
Makes sense and shouldn't be extremely hard to implement.
The problem is finding the time to actually implement it. There are a lot of other priorities the devs need to attend.

As for people responding to it;
your idea has had 30+ views, so it's been seen by several people.
They haven't left negative feedback or altering details, so I guess they agree, but not everyone wants to always leave a reply. ;)
It could also be it doesn't apply to them, like PorfirioDiaz, so there's not much sense in leaving a comment then.

- L

DeletedUser4089

I can see how this would be helpful, especially if it chooses the first 8 with full health.

I had an idea of my own about a toggle to only show full health fighters, but I don't have the time to post it.
Note: please don't derail the thread with my idea, make a new thread if you like it.

DeletedUser7719

Sorry for the outburst, I at least wanted one comment to tell what people were thinking. Yea, I don't care if my idea is tweaked up in any way, just wanted the general idea across to not select all the units.

DeletedUser1094

Hi byeordie...

All ideas/proposals posted in here are read. (and as Lodroth wrote, by many users)
If my comment is among the first, it normally means that something, in the post or Idea, is wrong.
To avoid making my personally thoughts influencing other posters, I usually wait some days before making a post... and it's only been two days, as of now.

I like the idea... eventually combined with Barti's "derail"-idea. +1 from me...

PS : I really don't see your need for this. You're having a feast in my city every day anyway...;) (I know... I don't put up much of a defence.)

DeletedUser276

congrats Byeordie... looks like your idea was accepted though it may not appear exactly as you suggested but its there none the less.