• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Seeing It's Range!!! (Combat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

+1 byeordie, I've wondered in the past why it wouldn't show movement + attack ranges for those units!

DeletedUser

+ 1 from me.

I don't know what it is about your ideas byeordie that some people just can't seem to grasp without further explanation. Lack of imagination I think. Anyways great idea.

DeletedUser6965

Hmmm.... I think it's a good idea... .. .. but I also think it could confuse the battlefield with showing this much different coloured shadows... so there have to be a very good way to solve this..

Anyway... if u know the AI, u know that the AI does not use the whole range. e.g. this situation: if an AI-range-unit would go his full movement, he would be able to reach ur units with his range. But I sawed it in most of this cases, that the AI does not move this way, if it's only one hexagon different (I hope u understand this :D)
So this idea would help, but as long the AI do not change, u have to reduce the movement+range shadow by one on ur own ;)

DeletedUser

In tomorrow's update they will add a tick box to the pop up window of the great building.
Nice to have a second safety layer to prevent accidents (although i am not sure it will benefit more than half a dozen of the kind of players who would go one to delete a GB after it says "Do you want to sell?")

But i wonder how, that idea took priority over this one. I wonder what line of logic did the decision-makers follow when they chose something that serves a handful players instead of one that serves half of the game's players. This idea should have been implemented yesterday

Maybe after all, we don't have that much sense in common with the developers.
:)

DeletedUser

Maybe after all, we don't have that much sense in common with the developers.

There is something to that. We see an enhancement to our fun and they see a 'make work' project. Keep bumping ideas like this and the idea will sink in that the 'customers' really want it.

As to the idea, I already gave it a +1 and another +1 to a similar idea floating around the forums. I hate counting out the squares so often and then making a mistake and getting 'tagged'

DeletedUser

I'd support this idea as the counting gets pretty tedious after awhile.
Same here +1

Two suggestions to byeordie proposal:
1. Skip the the click and hold step and always show the range. This way you don't have to commit to move, when all you want is to check the range. Also the hold and drag part, might cause issues in some cases.
2. Possibly add border between the max move/attack ranges, even though the two areas already colored differently. This will make it more obvious and help distinguish the two avoid any possible issues with color blind.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6838

As we already see enemy and our own units movement range by hovering our mouses on them and as we already see how we see the movement and attack range of our own unit, when it's that particular units turn, then i don't see the point why you already asking for more? The AI units use the exact same range as your own units, which you can simply visualize yourself on the field. The battles are already easy as they are right now and you still ask for more safety measures. Your idea is basically aiming to the direction of removing any possibility of making mistakes. What's the point in fighting the battles yourself then? put a auto win button on the corner and done.

In my opinion you shouldn't even see the movement range of your opponent units, the current system makes us into esp's >.>.

-1 from me.

DeletedUser

As we already see enemy and our own units movement range by hovering our mouses on them and as we already see how we see the movement and attack range of our own unit, when it's that particular units turn
We can do many things. What we can't do, is see enemy attack/move range, I constantly have to count 5/6/etc tiles for enemy ranged units, to know where to place my units. So that I can keep my units out of harms way or lure the enemy in.

Same goes for my own units in certain cases, because the only time I can see a specific unit attack range is only when it is its turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6838

We can do many things. What we can't do, is see enemy attack/move range, I constantly have to count 5/6/etc tiles for enemy ranged units, to know where to place my units. So that I can keep my units out of harms way or lure the enemy in.
And i repeat:
What's the point in fighting the battles yourself then? put a auto win button on the corner and done.

DeletedUser

By your logic, the movement range grid is unnecessary as well and we already playing on "auto win"... So please explain how the two visual aids differ ?

DeletedUser11899

+1

Tired of cooounting and cooounting :mad:

The new scaled battlefield makes it even more awkward.
immo, counting squares is not strategy or tactics because everybody does it, so a visual improvement like this idea wouldn't mean less difficulty to the game, only it would make it a bit more playable.

This topic was open a long time ago and for that reason I think it means that the devs consider the opposite, maybe I'm wrong so counting squares really is part of strategy.

DeletedUser13805

a simple change in color is what i have been banging on about, its all red as it stands and how many times have i moved my unit to a square believing i would be in range only to find out that i am 1 square short, just because i believed it highlighted red when i checked the range out : ( this might only be happening to me? maybe i am in too much of a hurry to get my 70 odd fights done as it does take over 2 hrs each day. but why is everything red ? surely a different color if your in range could be used it would i belive make life a lot easier

Status
Not open for further replies.