• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Search function in Inventory

DeletedUser110410

Hello All!
This is not an urgent request, but it's a lack of functionality that's been bugging me for a while.
Could we expand the search function in the Inventory.
I'd like to be able to enter 2x3, and it would give me all buildings that fit on a 2x3 square.
I'd like to be able to enter Supply, and it would show me buildings that produce supplies. "Happiness" would be a good one to find special buildings one can use to satisfy the "Gain 12 happiness" quests.
Bonus points for allowing us to combine those search terms: "2x2 happiness" for example (would show both Feces of the Ancient and Gate of God, which right now isn't possible.
I'd like to be able to find GBs too (paging through 5 or 6 pages of small pictures isn't much fun). On the GB tab, there is enough space to give us a 3 state toggle: "Show all / Show only not built/ Show only built".
Moving to a functionality that could be generalized: Give us "real" windows. I want to be able to move the inventory window to a different part of the screen. I also want to be able to "pin" that window, so it stays open when it loses the focus. It makes it easier to use the same item repeatedly.
That's it for today...

Agent327

Overlord
Hello All!
This is not an urgent request, but it's a lack of functionality that's been bugging me for a while.
Could we expand the search function in the Inventory.
I'd like to be able to enter 2x3, and it would give me all buildings that fit on a 2x3 square.
I'd like to be able to enter Supply, and it would show me buildings that produce supplies. "Happiness" would be a good one to find special buildings one can use to satisfy the "Gain 12 happiness" quests.
Bonus points for allowing us to combine those search terms: "2x2 happiness" for example (would show both Feces of the Ancient and Gate of God, which right now isn't possible.
I'd like to be able to find GBs too (paging through 5 or 6 pages of small pictures isn't much fun). On the GB tab, there is enough space to give us a 3 state toggle: "Show all / Show only not built/ Show only built".
Moving to a functionality that could be generalized: Give us "real" windows. I want to be able to move the inventory window to a different part of the screen. I also want to be able to "pin" that window, so it stays open when it loses the focus. It makes it easier to use the same item repeatedly.
That's it for today...

Do you have any idea how a search function works?

Most ridiculous request I have seen in a long time.

DeletedUser110410

Hello Agent!
What a pleasure to read a well formed, constructed criticism of my suggestion. You probably work in HR...
As a matter of fact, yes, I do know how a search function works. I know how to implement a soundex in SQL, a tree-parsing function in C, Java or Assembler. Software development has been one of my tasks in my career for a while.
If YOUR implementation of a "search function" is limited to "SELECT * WHERE name LIKE %UserInput%" then I don't think I'm willing to interact further on this with you.
Have a GREAT week-end.

Agent327

Overlord
Hello Agent!
What a pleasure to read a well formed, constructed criticism of my suggestion. You probably work in HR...
As a matter of fact, yes, I do know how a search function works. I know how to implement a soundex in SQL, a tree-parsing function in C, Java or Assembler. Software development has been one of my tasks in my career for a while.
If YOUR implementation of a "search function" is limited to "SELECT * WHERE name LIKE %UserInput%" then I don't think I'm willing to interact further on this with you.
Have a GREAT week-end.

Wow. What great knowledge.

And yet you come with the great suggestion "I'd like to be able to enter 2x3, and it would give me all buildings that fit on a 2x3 square."

Can you show me any search engine that works that way?

DeletedUser116572

the client already knows the sizes of all buildings in your inventory so a search function based on building size would not be difficult at all to implement

windows file manager allows one to search for images of a certain dimension such as 640x480

DeletedUser96901

google :P

ever tried something like
car 640x480
in image search?

just checked it: Yahoo also can it

so can you show me an internet search engine that isn't able to do it ?

Plus, the market area is very similar to what is being suggested.

You can in column 1 ask for an item you want and it will show you in column 2 what is required to obtain that item and in column 3 whether you have the stock to carry out the deal. You can also set other parameters.

So, you can take this and modify to show buildings, sizes etc. Not rocket science.