• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Great Buildings Search bar in the global rankings on GBs tab

DeletedUser110195

Proposal: Have the search find buildings, not players

Found nothing similar

Reason: As I prepare to find the rare few who have a lotus temple, on my alt-worlds to pair with inno tower, I find it an exceptionally arduous task to go through the buildings, page by page, to find those needles in the hay stack.

Details: Very simply, have the search bar on the great buildings tab search buildings rather than players.

No visuals, balance or abuse issues

DeletedUser103370

+1

Or
  • let you choose what you search for (people/buildings)
  • or show you both kind of results separately

DeletedUser110195

+1

Or
  • let you choose what you search for (people/buildings)
  • or show you both kind of results separately
Well the thing is, if you want to find a player there's a tab specifically for players, as well as guilds....the guilds tab lets you search for guilds, the players tab also searches players....so the GBs tab searching players is painfully redundant.

DeletedUser103370

Well the thing is, if you want to find a player there's a tab specifically for players, as well as guilds....the guilds tab lets you search for guilds, the players tab also searches players....so the GBs tab searching players is painfully redundant.

Ic, I thought you wanted to replace the people search.
A separate tab would be perfect.

DeletedUser103370

Try this GB listing
http://www.forge-db.com/en/en1/gbs/?server=en1&world=Arvahall
You can list in all sorts of ways including FP left, GB, Level, FP required, player........

Really great tool and not even sure i should be sharing this top secret information.
Mark :)

So because we have a tool already, sorry about this but

These are third-party tools. They may or may not exist in a few days, and are unreliable. A decent game - or any software in fact -, can't rely on third party sources solely, except if they have some kind of agreement with those developers.

It's like saying "Windows doesn't need a video player, because there are hundreds of other players around..."
There are other players indeed, but some user doesn't know them, and some would rather use something built-in.

Moreover why would be in interest of Inno, to use 3rd party hacks? Isn't it better if I simply use the already existing game UI, and with a single click I could search for the relevant information in the relevant server, than if I have to fire up a completely different website, which may or may not work, and may or may not have up to date info?

This doesn't mean these tools don't have a place to coexist, they could collect and display useful and interesting data, but the game itself must have the basics, and searching for GBs should be a core feature built-in the UI.
So no existing 3rd-party tools can be an excuse to not develop the game in those topics.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Try this GB listing
http://www.forge-db.com/en/en1/gbs/?server=en1&world=Arvahall
You can list in all sorts of ways including FP left, GB, Level, FP required, player........

Really great tool and not even sure i should be sharing this top secret information.
Mark :)

So because we have a tool already, sorry about this but
That is exactly what you get by looking at the GBs tab in game....that is not a tool for finding a specific building. I need to find people with a lotus temple, that means scrolling through thousands of pages to spot the one in a hundred thousand players who built it. I'm better off just searching through the player ranking and looking at each player individually, as I can then at least see the other buildings they have. Either way is a monumental waste of time and certainly NOT a tool for finding ANYTHING.

That is exactly what you get by looking at the GBs tab in game....that is not a tool for finding a specific building. I need to find people with a lotus temple, that means scrolling through thousands of pages to spot the one in a hundred thousand players who built it. I'm better off just searching through the player ranking and looking at each player individually, as I can then at least see the other buildings they have. Either way is a monumental waste of time and certainly NOT a tool for finding ANYTHING.
You can use that tool to list all people on a server with a specific GB. You can even sort by the FP required, or remaining, etc.. There's a fair nit of processing required and the data ideally needs storing in a way that is mot optimal for game playing, which is a good reason for Inno to provide an API for 3rd party tools but not do it themselves.

Where that tool falls down is that it lists all people on a server with a specific GB. You can't filter that data by those in your guild, friends list, neighbourhood .. in other words, to those people you can actually contribute FPs towards.

DeletedUser110195

Hmm....looked again and some concealed ad or something was preventing me from searching, thought the page was non-functional trash and just a copy of what we have in-game.

Where that tool falls down is that it lists all people on a server with a specific GB. You can't filter that data by those in your guild, friends list, neighbourhood .. in other words, to those people you can actually contribute FPs towards.
That's not at all a problem for me, I don't care to search for the building inside the guild...the whole reason I wanted to search for people with lotus temple outside my guild, was to invite them as friends so I could contribute to their buildings.

Last edited by a moderator: