• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

SAM or SAAB?

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
hi, i need a suggestion pls.
im currently in VF(korch) 152M points and attack boost of 850%/555%.
im looking for an era that i can fight gbg with less unit change and therefore the fastest. can expereinced players on this subject let me know?
thanks in advance!

Cuthwolf

Captain
A feature of SAAB is that its military buildings are not balanced - Nail Storms are, by far, the strongest. Using them with rogues you won't need as high stats as you may think.

r21r

Major-General
hi, i need a suggestion pls.
im currently in VF(korch) 152M points and attack boost of 850%/555%.
im looking for an era that i can fight gbg with less unit change and therefore the fastest. can expereinced players on this subject let me know?
thanks in advance!
SAAB and work your attack, defence won't change much there

6 nails + 2 rogues on low attrition, maybe mixing more rogues on higher (vs shreders belts on high attrition)

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
ok so between SAM and SAAB which era would be better to fight to highest attriction. (for instance i made it att 75 in TE autobattle meamwhile reaching 45 in VF)

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
ok so between SAM and SAAB which era would be better to fight to highest attriction. (for instance i made it att 75 in TE autobattle meamwhile reaching 45 in VF)
Move up when you can hit 100 attrition to be safe, if you move to soon in SAM the keen eye skill comes into effect so for fast battles use 2 steel wardens and 6 rogues, or better yet stay in VF and complete story quests for the SAM units and try them out for yourself, you won’t reach SAAB straight away so may aswell play around with SAM units and check it for yourself, I’m currently 1270/875 and manual battled to 120 attrition in VF.. not yet reached 100 in SAM but not really trying to at the moment but it’s very doable

Last edited:
think thats not possible because from OF you will get blocked on story quest on the era your staying in, up to venus but thanks for the advice!
Yes, some of the SAM story quests require you to research SAM techs. You can't solve the SAM story quest line from VF or OF.
The first SAM story quest is Research Spacefaring, a SAM tech.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
think thats not possible because from OF you will get blocked on story quest on the era your staying in, up to venus but thanks for the advice!
Did not realise that all I know is I was doing VF story quests and getting SAM units I was ahead of myself on the continent map which is now all completed but SAM era for battle is on Par with VF in my opinion

Did not realise that all I know is I was doing VF story quests and getting SAM units I was ahead of myself on the continent map which is now all completed but SAM era for battle is on Par with VF in my opinion
Yes, good idea to finish the SAM map BEFORE aging up to SAM. You get SAM goods from the map that you can use for the SAM techs, and the map quests from the SAM quest story line are already done. You also need SAM ore for the techs. If all of the SAM map is done, you can explore for more SAM ore.
Same with SAAB and SAV. Finish the maps before aging up.

I think you remember it wrong with getting SAM troops in VF. That shouldn't be possible. But it's rather easy to win the SAM map battles with VF troops.

Last edited:

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Yes, good idea to finish the SAM map BEFORE aging up to SAM. You get SAM goods from the map that you can use for the SAM techs, and the map quests from the SAM quest story line are already done. You also need SAM ore for the techs. If all of the SAM map is done, you can explore for more SAM ore.
Same with SAAB and SAV. Finish the maps before aging up.

I think you remember it wrong with getting SAM troops in VF. That shouldn't be possible. But it's rather easy to win the SAM map battles with VF troops.
I’m in SAM and have finished SAV maps also, I was just catching up with the story quests and got bombarded with 1000+ diamonds and a nice selection of SAM units :)

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
I’m in SAM and have finished SAV maps also, I was just catching up with the story quests and got bombarded with 1000+ diamonds and a nice selection of SAM units :)
Part 3 of the VF questline gives out a few random rewards as prizes for completing the quests, is it possible SAM units are a part of this reward? Maybe a Moderator may know the answer

Matt999

Private
Part 3 of the VF questline gives out a few random rewards as prizes for completing the quests, is it possible SAM units are a part of this reward? Maybe a Moderator may know the answer

According to the higher era troop guide, no:
"After reaching the quest "Persuasion," the player becomes tech blocked until they reach OF. After this, the player can get no more higher aged troops."