• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

(Sale) May Madness 2021 Feedback

Knight of ICE

Yes, exactly. Wait hanami kit day, buy lanterns, get as many kits as you want. That's how all sensible players spend diamonds in any case. So sales should be compared to them, not to flat diamond prices appointed by inno.

That's gambling. You can not compare sales to gambling.

r21r

Major-General
you can knight, i spent 50k diamonds on spring event and i can confirm the ~1.000 diamonds per daily special.

PLUS that i got the Mill on that particular event x3 times together with the daily specials

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
Of course I can :)
People are doing it on a daily basis at stock exchanges. There are formulas to translate one into another, there are whole companies (successful companies!) whose only goal is to find a better "gambling" deals than flat stocks. So yes, I can compare. Inno should, too - it is at the very least a good estimate of an item value.

I see as usual this feedback has been hijacked by the moderators (staff members whether paid or not) and turned into an argument and thus derailed. Strange, I thought from the thread title it was a place for CUSTOMERS (that's us) to FEEDBACK our feelings as CUSTOMERS to Inno. My bad.

But, naively clinging to the concept that Inno might actually want to receive feedback from customers, and being a customer, I should like to say that offering a Governors Villa for sale at 191.99 pounds sterling (the cost to buy the diamonds required for the 9 selection kits) is probably a bit steep for most customers, certainly is for this customer. Feels more like a cynical attempt to trick the gullible into buying in-game currency in an attempt to improve their city. That's not nice.

Knight of ICE

Of course I can :)
People are doing it on a daily basis at stock exchanges. There are formulas to translate one into another, there are whole companies (successful companies!) whose only goal is to find a better "gambling" deals than flat stocks. So yes, I can compare. Inno should, too - it is at the very least a good estimate of an item value.

This isn't the stock exchange. This is your regular man in the street that has the option to win a car in a lotery at a high price, with the option he will not win it. Buy the car at the regular price, or buy it when the dealer has a sales action going on.

Starting with Black Friday, I have witnessed several of these types of sales now. Feedback is always the same. Players that take the time to comment do not like the sales at all. Yet Inno keeps bringing them back. That can only mean one thing. Players must be buying the items.

r21r

Major-General
well, 4.000 diamonds for a checkmate, but i like it so im happy.

would be happier with x2 ^^

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Yeah this 400 deal, the same as last year, probably the only good deal in the entire "may Madness" thing, cause even if you miss the square, you end up with more Ferris wheel parts.

Also, Ice saying "Players must be buying the items" lol yeah, we all know how many idiots play this game, doesn't mean its a good deal regardless. Nothing is a "sale" when the price of the original item is already lower then it costs during the event that it exists.

If it was a "sale" then the entire set should cost maybe 2k diamonds total for 10 selection kits. Not 2k PER kit or even 1k PER.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
This isn't the stock exchange. This is your regular man in the street that has the option to win a car in a lotery at a high price, with the option he will not win it. Buy the car at the regular price, or buy it when the dealer has a sales action going on.
Except that usually lottery is robbing the guy, while in this case the dealer does. Who would have thought lottery is more fair than sales?
Main difference with car example is that this "gambling" is how FoE is played. This is default way of getting items. While in your car example lottery isn't default.
So this just isn't a valid analogy, somewhat manipulative even because lotteries are a known hoax.

Besides, trying to push items at +50% (and that's with discount!) only because regular man in the street is bad at probability theory is something beyond my understanding. Don't be evil, they say.

Players must be buying the items.
You seriously believe someone buys fp? I've seen some stuff in this game. I know when people buy goods with diamonds, at flat value. But not fp. That I haven't ever heard of, fp prices are just too ridiculous for that.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Except that usually lottery is robbing the guy, while in this case the dealer does. Who would have thought lottery is more fair than sales?
Main difference with car example is that this "gambling" is how FoE is played. This is default way of getting items. While in your car example lottery isn't default.
So this just isn't a valid analogy, somewhat manipulative even because lotteries are a known hoax.

Besides, trying to push items at +50% (and that's with discount!) only because regular man in the street is bad at probability theory is something beyond my understanding. Don't be evil, they say.

You seriously believe someone buys fp? I've seen some stuff in this game. I know when people buy goods with diamonds, at flat value. But not fp. That I haven't ever heard of, fp prices are just too ridiculous for that.
It is so refreshing to see a player who knows what is going on in a game when they have absolute zero access to any of the metrics, sales, flowcharts or busy models. The opinions of players with zero actual knowledge are by far the best opinions to read in these forums, since it usually contains the most humor, and shows the elitist attitudes of such a player.

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer
It is so refreshing to see a player who knows what is going on in a game when they have absolute zero access to any of the metrics, sales, flowcharts or busy models.

There is more to the game than flowcharts or metrics. Some of this information is public, available via game interface. Some extracted by sites which all of us know but can't name here. Some is wiki(s), some personal experience. Some talks with people who know the game (or some of its aspects). Some simple math. Some not so simple math. Your statement about zero access shows your own level of game knowledge/understanding. GBG matching algorithm was revealed by players without any access to code or, god forbid, sales.

The opinions of players with zero actual knowledge
Easy on turns. That's a pretty strong statement which you probably have nothing to back with.

Knight of ICE

That is one I do not have to believe. I have seen players state they did.

Ingame you can also buy fp's with diamonds. If nobody would ever use that, why would it still be possible?

r21r

Major-General

Ingame you can also buy fp's with diamonds. If nobody would ever use that, why would it still be possible?
i've seen a player doing it, but he was smart enough to get goods and sell them for FP's as it was newer world, maybe on older ones more people use that more frequently

TheGreatFinger

Warrant Officer

Wow. Okay, question closed then. I may be seeing nightmares today, but okay.

That's not a proof. There may be various reasons for such things to exist. Misclicks are one. I actually remembered a single case where a person bought fp with diamonds. Was before they implemented an option to add arbitrary amount of fp and the guy just clicked this 10 fp button till he run out of fp. Think he got diamonds confirmation off or something like that. Essentially, he bought fp with diamonds, but that wasn't his intention, so guess it shouldn't count.
I can imagine of more reasons (everyone has that - why can't we?), but most of them imply game designers immaturity. Which, even given the game age and inno financial reports, doesn't seem as something impossible. Anyway, if people are buying fp - that's a direct fact and there's nothing more to argue about.

r21r

Major-General
That's not a proof. There may be various reasons for such things to exist. Misclicks are one. I actually remembered a single case where a person bought fp with diamonds. Was before they implemented an option to add arbitrary amount of fp and the guy just clicked this 10 fp button till he run out of fp. Think he got diamonds confirmation off or something like that. Essentially, he bought fp with diamonds, but that wasn't his intention, so guess it shouldn't count.
I can imagine of more reasons (everyone has that - why can't we?), but most of them imply game designers immaturity. Which, even given the game age and inno financial reports, doesn't seem as something impossible. Anyway, if people are buying fp - that's a direct fact and there's nothing more to argue about.
when 1FP Costs 50 Diamonds - and 50 Diamonds costs idk, 1 euro, then guess whats happening under the table =))