• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Sacred sky watch or small wishing well...

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I am in big doubt what to place in town, 10 sacred skywatches or 10 small wishing wells, let me hear your oppinions pls.

eon1299

Private
Depends what age are you in. Up until reaching Modern Era where you have refined and unrefined goods, i had lots of WWs. However after ME i found that WWs give mostly unrefined goods to me. It seemed useless so i trashed all of them

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Depends what age are you in. Up until reaching Modern Era where you have refined and unrefined goods, i had lots of WWs. However after ME i found that WWs give mostly unrefined goods to me. It seemed useless so i trashed all of them
i am in VF so if i would be sure they will drop goods i would swap all skywatches even with big wells cause my town produce 640 fps, problem is that those damn wells can produce suplies and coins also... i prefer 20 FE goods over 2 FPs (2 fps is rewards from wells) and especialy i prefer them over 1 FP (SSW reward) problem is that wells also drop suplies and coins while from SSW you are always secured in that 1 FP with well its gamble... you can get 2 fps or 20 goods or diamonds what is better than SSW reward but also you can get suplies and coins what is a lot worse... so i am in doubt now... :/

eon1299

Private
i am in VF so if i would be sure they will drop goods i would swap all skywatches even with big wells cause my town produce 640 fps, problem is that those damn wells can produce suplies and coins also... i prefer 20 FE goods over 2 FPs (2 fps is rewards from wells) and especialy i prefer them over 1 FP (SSW reward) problem is that wells also drop suplies and coins while from SSW you are always secured in that 1 FP with well its gamble... you can get 2 fps or 20 goods or diamonds what is better than SSW reward but also you can get suplies and coins what is a lot worse... so i am in doubt now... :/
You are in a different league from me :) When i got to ME i had like 30 WWs or so. Then i started to question their usefulness. I was after FPs however. I'd keep them if they gave me FPs. So, for about a month i was measuring what they give me on average per day. It was something like 5-10 FP, rarely medals, lots of goods and some supplies/coins. So i demolished all of them and have none now. But everyone's mileage would differ. If you think about it, 10SSWs will provide FPs, you can buy FE goods with FPs :)

Ceban

Brigadier-General
You are in a different league from me :) When i got to ME i had like 30 WWs or so. Then i started to question their usefulness. I was after FPs however. I'd keep them if they gave me FPs. So, for about a month i was measuring what they give me on average per day. It was something like 5-10 FP, rarely medals, lots of goods and some supplies/coins. So i demolished all of them and have none now. But everyone's mileage would differ. If you think about it, 10SSWs will provide FPs, you can buy FE goods with FPs :)
For me personaly more usefull are FE than VF goods and about WW precentages are almost 50-50. 57% to get useless rewards (medals, coins and suplies) and 43% to get some better than ssw give (2fps, 20 FE goods or diamonds) so really in doubt now... :/

eon1299

Private
Yeah, i get it man... Unfortunately i cant really help with this decision. Would be interested to see what others say

Emberguard

Legend
WW's give unrefined goods (3 ages below). So Virtual Future would give Future Era goods.

If you're selling goods then WWs would be handy for that purpose if you don't have events that can be used instead. If you're not selling goods or doing GvG in the unrefined goods age then the SSW would be more useful once you reach the point where you don't need to gather goods that far behind. It is worth noting the goods that the WW gives would very likely be the last age on the tech tree that those goods can be used for.

DeletedUser113901

Some information to help you choose.
SSW require motivation.
WW and lWW don't require motivation.
Goods costs are lowering at the moment.
A new age is coming soon.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Some information to help you choose.
SSW require motivation.
WW and lWW don't require motivation.
Goods costs are lowering at the moment.
A new age is coming soon.
what 'soon' mean? This information will help me decide but one thing if i may give you advice since you gave me really usefull information (about new era, just if you can be little more precise when it comes) costs of goods will be in favour of VF players long term cause of 2 facts:
1. VF unrefined (FE) are last one for wich all will have permanent demand cause those are last ones wich are used in GvG, later its that dumb AA map with those useless medals
2. A lot of end tech players will jump in new era (i dont plan to at least not till they dont think something up for what we will have to use AF goods) so since a lot less players will produce FE and they are needed for GvG i expect their price go into sky... maybe expression 'into sky' is a bit to dramatic but when a lot of players run in new era and deplete their stashes i expect that FE will rise pretty decently.
(not related to topic, i think this is innos way how to kill GvG slowly without big revolt of players, force them to move trough eras and then dont have goods production needed for GvG and cause of that leave GvG slowly except AA map.)

Emberguard

Legend
@Ceban soon is however long it takes it to first be released on beta and then make its way to live.

If you look at the end of your tech tree it shows this on the live servers:
upload_2019-2-26_22-24-42.png

No way of knowing how long "soon" is.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
WW's give unrefined goods (3 ages below). So Virtual Future would give Future Era goods.

If you're selling goods then WWs would be handy for that purpose if you don't have events that can be used instead. If you're not selling goods or doing GvG in the unrefined goods age then the SSW would be more useful once you reach the point where you don't need to gather goods that far behind. It is worth noting the goods that the WW gives would very likely be the last age on the tech tree that those goods can be used for.
i do both, selling goods and i do a lot, really lot GvG so if i would be sure that just half wells will give me goods every day i would place them cause i prefer 100 FE over 10 FPs problem is that precentages dont grant that... so i am in doubt cause of that... motivation wich brady mentioned isnt problem but precentge isnt even 50-50 but 57-43 but in other hand 2fps and diamonds are also options with WW what is better than ssw so that kinda compensate those 14% diference in favour of bad rewards... really on edge what to do here cause if i do it i wont do small amount of ssw into wells, maybe best idea would be to do 2 or 3 for start and then monitor for 10 days at least what they drop...

Ceban

Brigadier-General
@Ceban soon is however long it takes it to first be released on beta and then make its way to live.

If you look at the end of your tech tree it shows this on the live servers:

No way of knowing how long "soon" is.
and about this, i know that but i tought he will have some info like 'its on beta, inside 6 months' or something like that what is more precise than 'soon'... :/

Being VF age - The Chat Fron will produce all the refined goods you should need from recurring quests - in addition the seed vault also produces goods @20 per hit, beside the usual well stuff (the seed vault is a wishing well for aiding people).
You will get all the goods you need from those to GB's

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Being VF age - The Chat Fron will produce all the refined goods you should need from recurring quests - in addition the seed vault also produces goods @20 per hit, beside the usual well stuff (the seed vault is a wishing well for aiding people).
You will get all the goods you need from those to GB's
yes, precisley why i dont need VF goods source, fact is i need to fill some empty spaces, question is just with little wishing wells or SSW, what of those 2 to place... seed vault i dont have and dont plan to build it.

I didn't realize you were looking for unrefined goods - I assume you don't have any goods producing gb's or they are low level. My gb's produce enough unrefined goods so that I'm in the many thousands of goods.

But, it really depends on your specific needs and game objectives. It's difficult for others to decide what you are after. We can only suggest based on what we are after. It's a subjective opinion as to what you should build.

You stated you don't need the fp's (doubt you need the coins); build the wells - you'll get some goods periodically.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I didn't realize you were looking for unrefined goods - I assume you don't have any goods producing gb's or they are low level. My gb's produce enough unrefined goods so that I'm in the many thousands of goods.

But, it really depends on your specific needs and game objectives. It's difficult for others to decide what you are after. We can only suggest based on what we are after. It's a subjective opinion as to what you should build.

You stated you don't need the fp's (doubt you need the coins); build the wells - you'll get some goods periodically.
I have, i dont have GB below level 70 and i have all goods producing ones, i dont have not even one normal goods producing building and i produce almost 2000 goods but that isnt reason to leave empty space in town so i am in doubt with what to fill some space, SSW's or little WW's, really cant decide, and when your guild do GvG every day (my does) then you always need FE goods. 3 rewards on WW are better than SSW (diamonds, goods and 2 fps instead 1) but 3 are worse (coins, suplies and medals) so i just want to know other players expiriences and oppinions, do they like more little WW or SSW... and about part 'You stated you don't need the fp's' i think everybody needs them just question is how much and how much 10 fps means in comparation with 100 FE goods for example.

pretty simple question, what would you place in your town now if you have to choose, 10 LWW or 10 SSW?

It's a Pretty Simple Question for me: I would put down the wells if all I wanted to do was fill up the free space with something. I would then delete them when the space becomes needed for something else. I have deleted many wells doing that.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
It's a Pretty Simple Question for me: I would put down the wells if all I wanted to do was fill up the free space with something. I would then delete them when the space becomes needed for something else. I have deleted many wells doing that.
ok, so you think wells are better than SSW, thx, somehow i like that option also but i want to hear what others will tell since i am not 100% sure.