• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Round 3 (GBG Report)

Who do you think will win?

• Synergy Factor

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • New Republic

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Last Stand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Pirate Ship

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wolf Spirit

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Round 4 Sinerania Guild Battleground
This is the intro to a battleground report on the top-level GBG occuring in Sinerania over the Christmas/New Year period. This is just to spice up the game a little and get some interest. If people like it, I'll continue. Full disclosure, I am in Wolf Spirit. Thanks for reading.

Background
Everyone is still new on Sinerania and GBG is newer still so unlike other worlds, everything is up in the air. Whilst there is a clear favourite, everyone else is surely eager to make their mark and claim some serious rewards. Synergy Factor are the clear leaders in Sinerania, and at a higher class than the rest, it means each round they fight the four guilds with the next highest MMR, in this case at platinum level. All five guilds are strong competitors, but one notable missing guild is the second ranked Terrain Titans who, due to quirks in the MMR system missed out on joining this round. Wolf Spirit came second in the last top round and the others all (I believe) topped their lower ranked rounds.

The Battleground
Synergy Factor on the left, New Republic bottom left, Last Stand bottom right, The Pirate Ship upper right and Wolf Spirit at the top.
1st ring is lop-sided with one sector at 171 points and another only 107.
2nd ring is fairly evenly distributed with some low 60's and high 110's.

The Guilds
Synergy Factor

Ranked #1 in basically every category, the clear leaders of the server. 70 members and level 25. Clear winners of all GBG so far, and the only guild with Platinum status.

New Republic
Strong contenders with a long history in the other worlds. 60 members and level 18.

Last Stand
Currently 3rd for prestige in the server, they continue to prove themselves on this server. 66 members and level 20.

The Pirate Ship
Perhaps the underdog of this round, TPS focus on playing smart rather than winning by brute force. 42 members and level 17.

Wolf Spirit
Formed by a merger with 12 Monkeys, WS managed to secure 2nd place in the previous top battleground. 57 members and level 18.

First Moves
The round has only just started, but so far all but The Pirate Ship have leapt right into the middle, so we can expect to see an all out brawl, especially for A1 with its mighty 171 points on offer. Synergy Factor are the clear favourites, but it is clear that no-one will give up, no-one will hand over victory easily and no-one will earn a single sector without brutal fighting. This is sure to be an exciting battleground. Stay tuned for updates.

Half Way Point
We're now almost half way through the round and the battle is even more intense than anyone expected! Synergy Factor and Last Stand are fighting viciously for first place with barely a point between them.SF have recently switched to timing attacks together and operating out of the 1st ring instead of the typical line back to base. But it's not just those two guilds, New Republic and Wolf Spirit are still in the fray, making it hard for everyone. For a while NR and WS were also neck and neck for third place, but recently WS has pulled out a bit of a lead. The Pirate Ship made the early call to not waste too many resources when a high place was out of reach, perhaps saving for next round. On the plus side, just for being in this Platinum League BG they will receive a hefty 282,300 guild power and 68 SoH fragments each.

Please leave a comment etc. if you enjoy this. This is written in the spirit of fun, so keep everything positive please. If you want to add something such as a comment from your guild or a correction, feel free to PM me here or in the game (Antonia the Builder - Wolf Spirit). Thank you.

Edit: I forgot about the first round, this is of course round 4.

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
So a bunch of forum goer's did indeed all join the new world? haha cool

Edit: That feel though in our Gbg where we could have gone afk and not open the map for 8 days and still win, Can't wait for us to be in the higher league ;D

Final Standings
Final.png

As the dust settles, again Synergy Factor have emerged victorious. For the first half of the round SF and LS looked neck and neck with barely a point between them. This was helped by a deal they made where SF would take the top half of the map and LS would take the bottom half. This was tough for the other guilds with Wolf Spirit taking the brunt of SF's attacks and New Republic effectively taking on LS by them selves. This deal collapsed about half way through the round when LS players took a sector that they weren't meant to, leaving it all on between SF and LS. In this reporters opinion, the fighting was evenly matched, but SF were very effective in using buildings to their advantage helping them edge out a lead that would secure the win.

Standings
The bonuses mean that for overall guild level for Sinerania, SF maintains 1st (lvl 28), LS is 2nd (lvl 23), WS and NR are tied for 4th (lvl 21) and TPS is in equal 6th (lvl 20).
As for prestige, the win keeps SF in 1st place with 28,250, LS gets a nice bonus to their 2nd place earnings taking them to 3rd overall on 11,381, NR are at 5th place with 9,308, WS in 9th place with 7,948 and TPS in 13th with 7,404.

While MMR levels are hidden, it would seem the next top GBG round will see SF fight it out against LS and NR again but will be joined by TT and GO - both of whom had an easy round in gold league so should be fresh for the challenge.

Quotes
"We gave it our all but only managed 5th but the time for the pirates to shine will not be amiss" - Ras Al Ghul from The Pirate Ship

"Thanks everyone for the tough battle, it was great fighting it out for third with New Republic even though we never got to attack each other directly. All the best to everyone next round." - Antonia the Builder from Wolf Spirit

Thanks to everyone who has read this article. Please leave a like or a comment if you did enjoy reading it so I can get an idea of whether to do another one in the future or not. Thanks to Gisklerific, os0871 and the motley crew at The Pirate Ship for their communication this round.

joesoap

Major-General
Thanks to everyone who has read this article. Please leave a like or a comment if you did enjoy reading it so I can get an idea of whether to do another one in the future or not
i didnt enjoy this article & i hope it doesnt encourage other people to do the same during every season of battlegrounds, unless players are in 1 of these guilds or even in this world i'm unsure of what relevance it has, or of how much interest it is

Giskler

Legend
i didnt enjoy this article & i hope it doesnt encourage other people to do the same during every season of battlegrounds, unless players are in 1 of these guilds or even in this world i'm unsure of what relevance it has, or of how much interest it is
Bruh, it's posted on the Sinerania world forum... if you don't like it you don't have to read it

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Bruh, it's posted on the Sinerania world forum... if you don't like it you don't have to read it

This is the same person posting over on the Guild battlegrounds forums that people who don't place like first for their guild contribution deserve nothing from the end rewards and complains all the time about GBG. No idea why they came here to then complain some more.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Surprised it keeps making us do 5 guild maps, instead of eight guild maps, there is easily enough guilds high enough. Though I guess 14 gold one plat means 3 5 guild matches, heh

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Oh I see, interesting, guess that means MMR comes slower for the higher and quicker for the lower guilds, since you get more out of eight guild matches then five (depending still on participation of course! :) )