• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Rosa Parks

Thrawnf

Corporal
The event in fact, already started it's called: buy diamond receive fps

I never understand WHY event never start at a fixed time like GE...it's something easy to plan, specially when the event was already tested on beta.

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

they think too many players would start at the same time and the server explodes

DeletedUser109966

My tactic of surviving only on troops won in GE is going to backfire badly with this quest-line... finish lvl3 GE followed by gain troops with the event ending at the start of next weeks GE... those store item prizes are going to be a lifesaver...

I'm in the same boat - can't research a tech, I'm just not in a position to do so - not enough resources, rushed an era just recently - I don't even have the military yet, or the map opened... And it takes a WHILE in FoE to actually do thous things. My guild never opens the third map - not many of us are active now, and even if they did I would not be in position to finish it...
So basically it is yet another event I'm skipping... Because of the tech research... Again... The game is clearly designed with slow pace in mind, I just don't understand than WHY do they insist on all of a sudden trying to rush people in to doing things that are not just sub optimal, but ruinous for their city?
I'm not "camping" eras, I move at a reasonable speed, but moving to early means you have difficulties getting the blueprints you want, resources you need... If you are not ready to at least rush to the next army composition than you end up at military disadvantage for quite a while and that leads to all kind of trouble...
I guess I'll just have to ignore events from now on, until I can transition to new era and leave a few less important technologies un researched just so I can do that for an event one day, because natural progress is punished here, not rewarded.
Why stay in a guild that clearly is not meeting your needs? I accept your frustrations with the options but the big problem you have is being in a dead guild that isn’t helping its members. If you can’t become leader, kick out the deadwood and turn the guild around then you’re better off elsewhere. Heck, you’d be better off in a one-player guild by youself — at leadt that way you could start playing GE properly and rake in all the benefits.

Agent327

Overlord
Given questline starts on Monday, you can make a temporary guild just for yourself while GE is not yet started, then get third difficulty open all by yourself with your stockpile, get the quest done then go back to a normal guild sporting a GE3 win and a building at no tech cost.

You need at least 3 guildmembers to start GE.

Why stay in a guild that clearly is not meeting your needs? I accept your frustrations with the options but the big problem you have is being in a dead guild that isn’t helping its members. If you can’t become leader, kick out the deadwood and turn the guild around then you’re better off elsewhere. Heck, you’d be better off in a one-player guild by youself — at leadt that way you could start playing GE properly and rake in all the benefits.

One-player guilds can't play in GE.

DeletedUser112057

I love the idea of looking into very important historical characters like Rosa Parks!

However the quests are far too demanding for the cheap reward you are getting. I mean that supply boost was absolutely garbage. 5 min of production for all supply building is as little as 0.35 % of the total 1 day production! I mean a normal supply boost is about 100 times if not more valuable then that and you can also get it much easier.

DeletedUser106369

I think the 5 minute supply boost is just a taster as in the Winter Event on Beta at the moment there have been bigger and better ones. I think there was an 8 hour boost and I can't be 100% sure but there might of been a complete instantly one.

DeletedUser96901

I would trade an "instantly finish supplies production" for a "5 minute boost for everything including GBs"

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser106696

I love the idea of looking into very important historical characters like Rosa Parks!

Well, seems to me that Inno is just as event-fatigued as some of us are, otherwise they would have spent a few milliseconds on historical research and at least acknowledge the girl who started it all long before Rosa Parks took the stage.

A few months before Rosa Parks did her carefully staged protest with full NAACP support (they even picked out a bus driver they knew would react in the way he did), Claudette Colvin did exactly the same thing. But since she was just 15 years old and pregnant, NAACP did not support her - no chance for HER to be a poster girl on an NAACP campaign... So she sat alone in prison until a minister paid her bail, and later told the story how the whole family stayed up the night as the were afraid of reprisals from white segregationists once she was released from prison.

And it was her rather than Rosa Parks, together with three other afro-american women (Aurelia S. Browder, Susie McDonald and Mary Louise Smith) who served as plaintiffs in the court case that finally ruled the Montgomery's segregated bus system as unconstitutional.

Unfortunately Claudette paid a high prize for her courage: Despite being an A grade student, she was forced out of college on account of being a trouble-maker, and could not find work in her home town. So she moved to New York, where she worked in a Manhattan nursing home until retiring about a decade ago (give or take a few years).

Remains only to say that the final "prize" of this one is just about as good as the research effort Inno put into this...

Agent327

Overlord
Let's see. Einstein married his cousin. Marilyn Monroe was a drug addict. Maurice-Francois Garin was stripped of his second Tour victory as a result of cheating. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle defended the British use of concentration camps in South Africa. Shah Jahan murdered his rivals for the throne.

There is a lot they forget to mention.

DeletedUser106696

true... all of those guys did have some skeletons in the cupboard, but Einstein DID come up with this relativity thingy rather than copying it from someone else, Doyle wrote these books, and Monroe was a jolly good actress...

Rosa had all the support in the world while she simply copied what someone else did unaided several months previously. Spot the difference?

Agent327

Overlord
Monroe was a jolly good actress...

I think many would think differently. She wasn't good, she was nude.

About Rosa Parks you are right. She was picked, cause she was the most likely candidate to win the court case. She already worked for the NAACP. She did with major back-up, what others did all alone before her.