• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rogue Army Management

• Thread starter DeletedUser101637
  • Start date

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeletedUser101637

how about when selecting units to fight at any time we have a separate tab, show rogues only.

technically a rogue is a light unit and can be reached through the ''show light units only'' tab. but can transform into any type unit. so i believe it should have its own designation

this would stop us having to scroll through potentially hundreds of light units before finding rogues. please be kind with your comments ty and apologies if this idea has been made before :)

Shad23

Emperor
don't have to scroll through go directly to end of your list of units you'll see your rogues

DeletedUser111815

+1

But make a "special unit" tab which includes military drummers etc... Possible future units can be stalled there too.

DeletedUser112671

don't have to scroll through go directly to end of your list of units you'll see your rogues
Yes, but all attached units are listed before unattached ones. If you've managed to accumulate a fair number of rogues through careful gameplay but want to ensure you keep as many as possible, you'd always play the attached units first, as you can regenerate them. That does require a bit of extra searching through the scroll list.

Personally, for this suggestion, I'm more neural. I'd alter the tab for all 'special units', including the like of drummers etc as well- but things get a little complicated for champions as they are most definitely calvary (at least until Modern era).
I'm not automatically championing this idea as I have recently found a shortcut for singling out rogues- alter the display of 'age' of the units to an age you've not yet reached. Because rogues are age-less, they appear on every single age section. But this concept is something I have thought about in the past.

Shad23

Emperor
Yes, but all attached units are listed before unattached ones. If you've managed to accumulate a fair number of rogues through careful gameplay but want to ensure you keep as many as possible, you'd always play the attached units first,
there is a filter already to filtre attached from unatached units so this idea is completely useless

Emberguard

Legend
"All Ages" units (aka special units) would be better then rogues specifically

+1

there is a filter already to filtre attached from unatached units so this idea is completely useless
it's not useless at all. A tab for the event units would be quite useful. The entire purpose of the tabs are to lessen the amount of options you have to look through

DeletedUser101637

maybe i was being a bit selfish but all comments are appreciated
i was looking at this purely from a GvG perspective. wouldnt it be nice (wether defending or attacking) to find your rogues with just 1 click of a button, instead of for example, fighting on the AA map. 1st you select your unit of choice, you then click show light units only, you then slide through hundreds of light units to get to your rogues. where it is easy to overshoot to your injured rogues, you then slide back to healthy ones. bear in mind this is all time sensitive while you are trying to fight or defend against an opponent.

somebody said go directly to the end of your units, you can not do this, the left and right arrows provided only moves across left or right 1 unit. so this would take hundreds of right clicks to get to your rogues. even if if a double right arrow was provided like in your friends list, this would slide you to the end of your units which are going to be injured rogues

somebody said this was a useless idea, well all i can say is they dont do GvG then. come on all GvG fighters get behind this idea.

i like the idea also of putting special units like drummer boy under the same tab as long as it would default to rogues 1st :)

Emberguard

Legend
somebody said go directly to the end of your units, you can not do this, the left and right arrows provided only moves across left or right 1 unit. so this would take hundreds of right clicks to get to your rogues. even if if a double right arrow was provided like in your friends list, this would slide you to the end of your units which are going to be injured rogues

You don't need to use the arrows. Click the actual bar and drag sideways
upload_2018-8-19_23-44-8.png

Shad23

Emperor
most players don't keep drumers schools for a long time or collorguard camps as they are mostly used in lower ages i realy don't like those units and i find them prity useless
and eaven if you do have them rogues will be close to end of your bar

Agent327

Overlord
most players don't keep drumers schools for a long time or collorguard camps as they are mostly used in lower ages i realy don't like those units and i find them prity useless
and eaven if you do have them rogues will be close to end of your bar

You can win rather a lot of unattached drummers and guards in the game. With only 17, you can not swipe to the end of your bar anymore. They aren't useless. They are used in GvG as defence.

Shad23

Emperor
lol only thing i'd use em for is for sieges , i never use em to fight
i have color guard camps in my inventory and drumer schouls but i don't think i'll ever place em in my city

Galladhorn

Monarch
+1

But, I agree with several suggestions in the Thread:
"A Special Units" Section would be a good addition to this UI (meaning not only for the Roges).

The easy fix would be to add it in the one of the two Dropdown Bars.
– Perhaps it could even be added as a part of last Dropdown Bar – that would be particular handy if that "All Ages" bar could stay on your Last Selection.

Personally I do not often use that Last "All Ages drop down bar" , but I guess other players might depending on their play style and e.g how many PvP´s Towers they compete in etc.

-1 it's simple enough to filter to a much lower age where you know you have no troops (I usually go for bronze) and then all that is shown are my hundreds of Rogues ready for selection