• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rise of a New Super Power and the change in world order

DeletedUser

I love antiques and vintage and old stuff. They are objects that carry history with them. The wooden handle of an old knife turned dark by the thousands of timed it was held by oily,greasy sweaty hands.
The copper cups turned dark brownish and with a few dents and scratches from who knows maybe a toddler banging too hard on them.
The chairs, radio, door, guitar, bicycle etc......

i see them in my grandparents home and every time i visit them, i go in at home and this feeling of being in the most comfortable and peaceful place is just.... Great.
Attention, i am not some old man dwelling on memories or the past. I am very much the energetic young man with plenty of future to look forward to or ambitions to achieve. But i value the past and history and things moulded by time because its one luxury i cant make happen if i dont have it.

Now, you can buy a century old knife or an old piece of chair and table and so on, but in that case you are collecting. Such a house will not be able to give to the owner the same feeling as the grandparents stuff he/she grow up with.

This War Monger thing is like the house that collects valuable antiques. They can afford to buy century's old lamps and louis XIV furnitures that are far more valuable than the stuff at my guild The Committee. But it is of a great rewarding satisfaction to us when we see in the guild forums this thread called "welcome" created on 6/6/12 a bit more than a year ago
I and my guild-mates are proud to be associated with an organisation and a group that has been in Brisgard for such a long time and in top 3 since i dont remember.

With that being said, those who value ranking and fighting are already in War Mongers and thats how it is. They are looking for an environment created purely around pvp and thats what they get in War Mongers. Those who fancy another game style are elsewhere. Its as simple as someone who likes middle eastern food and someone else who likes indian. It would be silly for the chef of two different cuisines to gloat about their customers taste

It is not accurate to (unless you believe it yourself too) say that those who left The Committee did so because there was something better out there.
All but one who left, made a touching farewell post full of gratitude and praise and the main reason being they were looking to change scenery.
It is cheap to attribute credit to yourself for accomodating the needs of someone who is looking to change scenery but not surprising of someone who is after ego boosting.
Power in the games is not in how high a guild is. Power is to be succesful and consistent for as long as some other guilds in brisgard have been.

DeletedUser1983

Wow, thanks for that deep and touching post buddy. However, there are a few things that you and your bigger BAS partner, Alpha keep spreading rumors about.

1. Alpha says Mongers are barbaric:
Being competitive is not the same as being barbaric. Mongers are not lethargic and when you say those players who left your guild were looking for a change of scenery, that's exactly the reason. Lethargy is deep within the DNAs of some of the top guilds who have been around for some time. Several of the players in these guilds spend hours a day on the game, but only to collect supplies and coins. A few others in those guilds choose to fight battles instead of clicking 1000 times to collect supplies every 5 minutes. My founding principle of pulling together all the competitive and aggressive players cannot and should not be compared with barbarian. If anything, we are quite the opposite.

2. Teamwork:
Absolutely a baseless statement an in-game mod (definitely beneath the level of his FoE role, as any experienced player would expect) has been promoting along with his co-leaders that War Mongers lack teamwork. It is a fact that most of the members in War Mongers are 30+ years old. They are able to see such behavior and decide for themselves. Many people who have joined us and not Alpha or any other BAS guild have seen various dirty tactics Alpha and its founder have used in the recent past. And from what I've heard, he is being lamented across all of BAS. Let me say this again, Teamwork is at its absolute best in War Mongers. However, I don't have to force it on my guild members, it comes to them naturally. They know and understand the value of teamwork and I am proud to be leading such great teamplayers.

3. Taking the credit:
The only credit that belongs to me is that I started a guild based on a principle that I knew would succeed and everyone knows it. I got dozens of messages from various leaders laughing at me and my guild in the beginning and that War Mongers is a joke and we would fail miserably. But I kept pushing on, so that's the only thing I take credit for. Most of the credit goes to the fantastic team of experienced and fun-loving players who I have managed to bring together and to the faith they have put into the approach and vision of this guild.
4. Why Mongers when there are better options (Alpha and Committee and everyone else) available?
Alpha Guild promotes that they are democratic. Yes they are, but only a selected few vote on any decision and that's how their democracy runs. There are a few senior players in Alpha who maintain a "black list" of P/M activity on a continued basis. If someone doesn't polish/motivate regularly enough, he/she is made a replacement candidate. I have heard that there have been plenty of squabbles within Committee as well recently. And within BAS as well. Here at Mongers, we don't believe in punishments, rules, penalties, black lists, etc. Everyone knows how to best play this game and they play it as such. A 30+ years old player doesn't need to be bossed around by a guild leader or regulated by rules, unlike in Alpha, Committee and BAS alliance in general. They get enough of that in their jobs, and this is a game, not a job.
5. Collection of valuable antiques:
Yes, I do believe you are right on that. However, it's not because a senior player would simply decide all of a sudden that he wants to leave for change of scenery. It's because they know that there is ideological difference with the current guild and hence they evaluate their decision of switching guilds and loyalties before making the switch. I don't send out a recruitment spam blast to all of the top 200 players every week. That is something Alpha likes to do on a weekly basis and that too with a very lame message and in some cases they even forget to change the name of the player they are addressing. My recruitment efforts are focused and I give the value and respect a future Monger deserves, before and after joining the guild! We don't call our prospective members, "monkeys" unlike Alpha Guild does
6. Lying, cheating, deceiving --
is commonplace only in the BAS alliance. I have been a victim of the same and so have some of the ex-Alpha members, who joined Mongers. Then there were some other ex-Alpha/ex-Committee who witnessed it happen and couldn't stand it and joined us. Mongers don't lie, don't cheat, and don't deceive. We are transparent to each other within the guild and with our allies, and even with our enemies. We don't control or attempt to control each other or our allies.

Reading through this post you would have realized one thing. Mongers is a guild based on Respect for each other and Desire to be the best at what we do. This is something lacking in any BAS guild, especially Alpha. We are better and we know it (at the risk of sounding egotistic).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wow, thanks for that deep and touching post buddy. However, there are a few things that you and your bigger BAS partner, Alpha keep spreading rumours about
Guptaji, it is not true that neither I or any member of The Committee have spread rumours about you or any other guild. It is not a practise we use or like.
I am not here for propaganda and i have nothing to gain by advertising my guild neither mud-slinging another. You know it is not true that i or The committee have spread any rumours so please don't say otherwise.

I read your whole post thinking you were responding to mine but i found very little directed to The Committee and most of your post was about Alpha and Mungiu.

You either have a crush, grudge or obsession with them and speak about them no matter who you are responding to, but i am not who you should be addressing regarding Alpha.
Every 10 words of your post contained "Alpha this, mungiu that" and as my signature reads i am from The Committee

DeletedUser1556

I have read your rant knockpg and do not recognise any of the descriptions of The Com that you have posted. I would like to know for instance which of our members who are now with you have reported lying,cheating and deceiving ? As I have never heard or seen any of the aforementioned activities going on in the guild. Quite the opposite. I laugh at your description of "squabbles" within The Com again must be some other guild called the same. We have an open forum and all decisions are taken to a vote and a discussion is not a squabble. This petty small minded thread (Thread: Rise of a New Super Power and the change in world order) seems to me to be a self congratulatory piece with the only point being to make yourself feel good and give yourself an ego boost. Sad that you feel the need for such ego massage. Really Rise of a new super power get over yourself.

Diz

DeletedUser1983

Thanks for your time and comments on this thread. All I have to say is, Haters will be Haters. We have achieved what everyone told us until about 3 weeks ago that we never would.

War Mongers is now ranked 1 and we have every intention to make sure we occupy this spot for as long as FoE exists.

DeletedUser1556

Lol well good luck with that if that is all you play the game for. Just out of interest were you referring to me when you said "All I have to say is, Haters will be Haters"?

Diz

DeletedUser

Ahahahahahahaha, thats a good one...

As the creator of this thread is now banned I feel it is only right for someone to at least acknowledge the effort and achievement to get a no.1 guild up there in a matter of 3 months or so. This is despite the best efforts of certain contributors to this thread (not you my good friend Magician !) at mud slinging in their own guild alliances. Personal grievances will not win the day....teamwork and sheer determination will. The points adjustment that Alpha hoped would restore them to their "rightful" place at the top didnt...in fact, they are now slipping further and further behind (and that with 25 more members).

DeletedUser

Alpha Guild does not hope. If we want it then we got it, if we don't, we go get it as a team.

DeletedUser4906

As the creator of this thread is now banned I feel it is only right for someone to at least acknowledge the effort and achievement to get a no.1 guild up there in a matter of 3 months or so. This is despite the best efforts of certain contributors to this thread (not you my good friend Magician !) at mud slinging in their own guild alliances. Personal grievances will not win the day....teamwork and sheer determination will. The points adjustment that Alpha hoped would restore them to their "rightful" place at the top didnt...in fact, they are now slipping further and further behind (and that with 25 more members).

Well said cliff!

The pretentious lot are fuming.....:D

hahahahahaha!!!!:rolleyes:

Alpha Guild does not hope. If we want it then we got it, if we don't, we go get it as a team.

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Just reading through some of the other material (polite word..) in this thread, I would like to set the record straight that War Mongers has no grudges against any members of The Committee and the majority of our members have many active friends in that Guild (and others within the B.A.S alliance for that matter). We have our own alliances with other guilds (which I know certain people have been snooping around for info on, even though it is listed on on our Guild intro page !) who are more than happy to give and receive polish/motivation or GB help from us too, as most of our members are highly active in that department. It is not just the "pretentious" (Mozzers' word !) Beta Guild who have a monopoly on goodwill and helping their alliance friends....

DeletedUser1983

Has anyone noticed that Mungiu's journal hasn't been updated in the last 1.5 months? :D