• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Return back forge points donated by neighbhours

xbmono

Private
Hi. I wanted to post this as a suggestion in Idea section but thought perhaps see what other players think and to know if this is considered as "not suggest" and so no point posting it there.

Generally I am really frustrated by players who snipe your buildings and you want to upgrade them in 1.9 threads.
There are neighbhours that snipe my buildings and even when I message them asking them politely not to do so, they simply ignore and they keep doing it.

If they are friends or guild mates, once you message them they stop doing it but neighbhours dont.

The problem is once sniped, it is very difficult to level them up, especially if your building is in high levels like 20s or 30s.

I was thinking, if there was an option to refund the forge points donated by neighbhours then we wont have this issue. Like a small button next to their FP contribution that clears that position and returns their FP to their inventury.
What do you think? Do you think I should post it in Idea forum?

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Sniping is something like plundering. Imagine if you plunder someone successfully and that person might be able to undo that action. That would be very unfair, right?
Also, sniping is completely legit and, same as with plundering, you can prevent yourself from being sniped :)

xbmono

Private
Sniping is something like plundering. Imagine if you plunder someone successfully and that person might be able to undo that action. That would be very unfair, right?
Also, sniping is completely legit and, same as with plundering, you can prevent yourself from being sniped :)
Well isn't 1.9 threads also a form of abuse in that case? I collect about 100 fp and I contribute to GBs in our 1.9 threads so that it goes to my inventory

xbmono

Private
Don't put so many fp on your gbs so that they are in a position to be sniped. Simply put enough to get the spot taken at 1.9 before continuing
Of course I don't. But you need to secure pos before posting it to 1.9. you can't stop or even reduce the chance of being sniped no matter what you do. Unless you are lucky and your neighbors are good which doesn't last long

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Well isn't 1.9 threads also a form of abuse in that case? I collect about 100 fp and I contribute to GBs in our 1.9 threads so that it goes to my inventory
It's not abuse, just a nice act from your friends to help you raise your GBs while they aren't getting any profit of it.
Of course I don't. But you need to secure pos before posting it to 1.9. you can't stop or even reduce the chance of being sniped no matter what you do. Unless you are lucky and your neighbors are good which doesn't last long
You need to secure it for your 1.9 mates, yes, but spot cannot be sniped if you haven't added enough FPs for it to be taken at 1.9 rate or for profit (sniped).
So, spot can be sniped by an outsider for profit if:
1. A profitable level is unlocked when you aren't sure somebody is going to take it immediately
2. You have more FPs in your GB than it's needed for a spot to be secured at 1.9 rate for your 1.9 mates.

Sniping = Investing fps in other players' GB's to secure a profit.
Many players (myself included) regularly look through the hood for GB's to make a profit from. It's a great way to gain fps.
If you don't want other players to make a profit on your GB's, you (and your 1.9 mates) have to secure the GB's from profit-hunters by "locking" the reward spots with an appropriate amount of fps to make them unprofitable.
One of the benefits with 1.9 contributions is that "sniping" is (almost) impossible.

Last edited:
The other day someone in the neighbourhood had invested quite a lot of FP in their own GB, no one else had invested. It was obvious that if I invested 40 FP I could tie up 1st and my reward was 80 FP + the BP and Medals. That to me is a no brainier.

Call it snipping, but if no one, except the owner, or there is minimal investment in a GB and there are places up for taking, I will invest FP.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
how do players think we leveled up our gbs before the ark and 1.9 came to be ?

anyone could donate in the hood and we had swap threads or had personal swaps with friends,
now all of a sudden players seem to want anyone to donate at the rate of 1,9 ? if they dont get 1.9 they feel cheated or robbed ?

maybe the problem is players expecting ?
snipping has always been around, the same as plundering, most dont like to be sniped or plundered, but to have some fun in the game the idea of being able to accept it works best

but what amazes me is just how people think up ways they can try to change the game to suit themselves,

The other day someone in the neighbourhood had invested quite a lot of FP in their own GB, no one else had invested. It was obvious that if I invested 40 FP I could tie up 1st and my reward was 80 FP + the BP and Medals. That to me is a no brainier.

Call it snipping, but if no one, except the owner, or there is minimal investment in a GB and there are places up for taking, I will invest FP.
Players who only self invest in their own GB's most likely appreciate it when "snipers" jump in.
It could be diamond farmers who don't spend time on 1.9 or swaps or anything. They just drop their fp collections into their own GBs and hope for someone to fill them up.

Last edited:

It's exactly what snipers are looking for. GB's where the owner is the only contributor - or GB's that's only been in swap threads, which leaves unsecured contributions.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
It's exactly what snipers are looking for. GB's where the owner is the only contributor - or GB's that's only been in swap threads, which leaves unsecured contributions.
good luck to the sniper, if they are willing to search a hood full of players and can find a gb to make a profit on what on earth is wrong in that ? other people who want to cry about it being sniped ? its getting silly now how many players seem to feel they have a divine right to not to be sniped or they are suffering mental health issues at the thought someone paid them less fps

Emberguard

Legend
Players who only self invest in their own GB's most likely appreciate it when "snipers" jump in.
You'd think so. But then I've seen players who self level get really irate that someone dared contribute to their GB at a rate that gave the contributor any profit at all. But profit is the entire point of contribution spots. So if they aren't willing to organize someone taking the spot at a higher contribution then it'd be unreasonable to expect a set contribution at a higher price point.

Emberguard

Legend
If they are friends or guild mates, once you message them they stop doing it but neighbhours dont.
Neighbours are not there to play by your rules. They're there to either be your opponent (and act to their own advantage) OR for you to negotiate with into becoming a Ally. Neighbours will always have the right to reject whatever offer of peace you put forth

Also:
Like a small button next to their FP contribution that clears that position and returns their FP to their inventury.
This would be highly abusable. Part of the risk of sniping / contributions is deciding how long you can hold off on contributing before it becomes a risk of someone else taking it. If the owner can kick a contributor they can also change how much is needed to lock in a spot after a spot is already locked in.

You secure a spot for 1.9 as a way of organising a trade with another player that can't then be knocked down. It doesn't prevent outsiders from being faster then it takes the player you're organising with to finish their part of the trade