• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (New Game Feature) Retrograde Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109624

-1 as it would reduce the chance of Renovation Kits but I would give a +1 if you would make it an option to use Renovation kits in both cases as in. You want to apply this renovation Kit: Upgrade or downgrade the build?

DeletedUser106696

Neutral

I'm not sure I like the idea of downgrading just one age. If I won an FE bazaar, I'd use it for FPs - so I'd rather have it as low as possible to free up peeps without having to spend umpteen of these kits.
I'd go +1 if the kit would spring up a little pop-up where I can state what age I'd like to downgrade to. After all, the current reno kit upgrades a lot more than just one age.

DeletedUser653

+1 simple idea and cannot see any issues, it should work simular to reno kit now and hence should include selection of age to return building to

DeletedUser109385

Wait, but wouldn't this make the game easier? Because downgrading a building say for example the Bazaar will require less population and the player can have lots of Bazaars to produce forge points without using much population.

DeletedUser96901

yes for 50 bronze age bazaars it would be much easier to get the needed population than for 50 arctic future bazaars :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Wait, but wouldn't this make the game easier? Because downgrading a building say for example the Bazaar will require less population and the player can have lots of Bazaars to produce forge points without using much population.
If that's what you chose to use a limited special event prize for, then that'd be up to you, I suppose. I can't really see myself using a reno OR the proposed retro kit on bazaars in this fashion though given their rarity, certainly not to the extent that it could be considered to make the game much easier. I'd be much more interested in the champ aspect.

DeletedUser109639

+1 Would be good. Obviously it would need a facility to pick what age you wish to retrograde back to though.

DeletedUser97688

+1 definitely, I like this idea - should it be a separate thing to a renovation kit, or should the renovation kit be reformed to allow you to pick any age up to and including the current one, and so combine the two functions?

DeletedUser

+1 definitely, I like this idea - should it be a separate thing to a renovation kit, or should the renovation kit be reformed to allow you to pick any age up to and including the current one, and so combine the two functions?
I suppose I'd be happy either way, although giving the Reno Kit dual functionality may be preferable to some on the grounds that having a separate Retro Kit may reduce the likelihood of getting Renos overall.
I'm not really all that convinced of that as a potential con though? I somewhat prefer the concept of two distinct items if I had to choose. Would like to hear more opinions on this!

DeletedUser109385

But why would you downgrade an event building including thr champion's retreat? It just makes them weaker and unwanted by majority of players I think.

joesoap

Major-General
But why would you downgrade an event building including thr champion's retreat?
mad scientist lab, caravansary, bazaar. luau, oasis, soccer field (and i may have missed some) can all produce goods of the buildings age, so if players have a shortage of a particular age of goods they may like this option
in the case of the champions, the option of getting lower age units without having to build new barracks, which they would have to make room for, may be appealing

DeletedUser108379

Well, with lower age goods there are other ways, but you can only get a champion out of the barrack of that age. Would really be nice, to be able to get champions from prior ages ( for some ages).

Of course it is only of interest for players who do GvG.

+1 for the idea

I would like best if the renokit would work both ways and there are some more opportunities to ge a renokit.

DeletedUser109385

mad scientist lab, caravansary, bazaar. luau, oasis, soccer field (and i may have missed some) can all produce goods of the buildings age, so if players have a shortage of a particular age of goods they may like this option
in the case of the champions, the option of getting lower age units without having to build new barracks, which they would have to make room for, may be appealing
But isn't that making the game easier then? Because it will br easier to get the goods you are in shortage of

DeletedUser

But isn't that making the game easier then? Because it will br easier to get the goods you are in shortage of
Considering that we're talking about a special event item, which are only available through special events, I'm not really sure how many people would actually be interested in using a rare kit to downgrade goods producing special buildings for the sake of a negligible amount of goods per day, but it'd be up to them. I see the primary benefits being to farm lower era Champions and perhaps to reduce the population required by some special buildings eg. Shrines or Bazaars
The limited availability of these kits would not make the game much easier in my opinion.

DeletedUser108379

Shrines do not need population, they give population. There is no advantage to use a retrograde kit for a shrine, only disadvantages.

DeletedUser

Shrines do not need population, they give population. There is no advantage to use a retrograde kit for a shrine, only disadvantages.
True story, I'm Shrines and Bazaars on the brain right now for some reason,hahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.