• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Retaliate

• Thread starter DeletedUser2029
  • Start date

DeletedUser2029

Proposal:
the ability to retaliate for an attack (and plunder) against any player, with some additional perks.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
nothing

Reason:
make PvP more interesting, without adding more stress on peaceful players, and a radical counter notion on those bogus "no plunder" offers.

Details:
- after a player attacks you (and plunders) you get a window of 4 hours to retaliate against him (via button in the event history, not through the social bar), even if you have supported him in the previous 24 hours
- the retaliation option should only be available in case of successful attack
- if the attack against you is a retaliation, the event history should state so (no matter of the outcome of that battle) ant that should conclude the feud for the next 24 hours (no vicious circle)
- if you retaliate against a player you previously supported, after the retaliation the clock resets (no interaction with that player for 24 hours)
- if you win the battle, you get an extra option to vandalise your attacker (make a mark on one of his happiness buildings that lasts 6 hours and negates said building bonus (half if it is polished, 0 if it isn't polished))
- vandalism is only present if you retaliate
- battle points gained for retaliation don't count in the PvP tournament (that's why you get vandalism)
- plundering and vandalism after retaliation should still count in the blueprints hunt

Visual Aids:
none, sorry

Balance:
not much impact on other features, this is just an expansion on PvP system

Abuse Prevention:
if beating up a bully is an abuse, than prevention is to stop being a bully (everything else was covered in the details section)
true warriors will find a way to protect themselves.

Summary:
there's more and more posts since 0.22 update how plundering has increased because "they NEED the points and they MUST plunder to get blueprints". this is a way for them to have a clear conscience and a chance for the rest of us to get something out of it.

DeletedUser7719

I really want to say, "yes,yes,yes,yes,yes" , but it feels like there's something missing (but nevertheless, +1 from me)

DeletedUser2029

I really want to say, "yes,yes,yes,yes,yes" , but it feels like there's something missing (but nevertheless, +1 from me)

yeah, I have that feeling too. when (if) you figure it out, let us know...

DeletedUser

Might I suggest if you successfully retaliate whatever they plundered is returned to you. It seems more stable and possibly more effective than vandalizing cultural buildings. Players also won't feel pressure to retaliate if they are not plundered now too.

DeletedUser276

unfortunately Hellanicus doing it like that will push the power too far to one side. The first idea in original seems ok but what you suggest isnt whats missing.

DeletedUser

+1

Why:
1.) If you loose, the enemy counter attacks, if you turn your back on your enemy he attacks - realistic.
2.) Well described

DeletedUser15035

Why only 4 hours? when time difference in some counties are and and 8 hours before people are logged in? and once you look at log how to get it back as it disappears

only asking :P

DeletedUser6838

Because you can attack players every 24 hours anyways, thus i would say 4 hours itself is alot already.