• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

response time AID/ tavern click on PC

Hedonist58

Private
The response to clicking an aid button or the tavern visit button is exacerbatingly slow it takes over 15 sec before you can make the next click ... ther is too much processing going on after the click
sometimes take 25 clicks to get a response

response items is down to over 30 secs just to push 1 aid button or click ther tavern there is a lot of useless screen action going on this is totally unacceptable

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110131

It's not the game, it's your set-up. My guess would be your connection's lag time (bandwidth and ping). With every click, the game client contacts the server, and then waits for a reply, before you can click again. That creates a short delay for most, but normally a lot closer to 0.5 seconds than 0.5 minutes.

If you have a wireless router, it's the obvious suspect. Try rebooting it. Check if there are any unauthorized users logged in. Check for interference. Try moving the router (or the computer). Check if you're getting the bandwidth you're paying for, and decent ping times (there are Web sites for this). If you've made any changes to your system lately, especially relating to the Internet connection, undo them.

Insufficient available CPU or memory can also slow things down dramatically. If your connection, CPU, and memory are at a level that should be sufficient, then there's something that's eating the resources on your computer. If you're running a lot of programs in the background, try shutting them down, including non-essential programs that load automatically. A lot of people have a lot of that dragging their computer down. Any recently installed programs, or updates, are prime suspects, most especially if they connect to the Internet. Check if they load automatically, and if there are new updates, which may contain fixes to a problem. Try shutting them down, rolling back updates, or simply uninstalling them.

Hedonist58

Private
I agree with lag times but not my side
- iḿ on broadband 10 Mbps ,
- iḿ not on Wifi but hardwired local Gb connecetion
- ping time : 64 bytes from en2lb.foe.innogames.net (212.53.161.66): icmp_seq=15 ttl=54 time=21.2 ms

- PC = AMD A10-6800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics × 4
- Graphics Gallium 0.4 on AMD ARUBA (DRM 2.43.0, LLVM 3.8.0)
- Memory 16Gb ( 14.8 available )
- Linux 64bit
- Firefox

However i might indeed be over estimating time but I click an estimated 200 aid buttons and 60 tavern visits a day on the browser version ... it took me last night more then 35 minutes to do so 35 minutes =2100 sec /260 clicks = 8.1 sec response time compared to 500 msec is 160 time slower

I don't think my side of the game is underpowered ... neither is the response of my hardware

However what I do see is
*that an aid button triggers 4 USELESS sequential screen updates of which 2 are animated responses that interfere with clicking and 2 useful screen responses none of which are animated
* with tavern visits clikcing also a whole screen is build to show the player taking a seat, nice but animanted and time consumeing interfering with clicking and USELESS
Come to think of it clicking gold and production colelctions also generale a bunch of animated response screens , so its not only the motivate screens that come unasked for.

Last but not least not only am I losing diamonds but also in the last days ( at least since the carnival game ) The number of great building plans collected is reduced to les dan 1.5%
I make nearly 200 clicks, 2% plans shoudl be at least 4 a day I get max 3 and most days 2 or less and in atleast 2 day i havent received a sngle GB plan...

My complaint has been addressed by the powers that be at support very much to my satisfaction , Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110131

It seems like your computer should be more than sufficient. That makes it even less likely that it has anything to do with animations. While 21 ms isn't terribly good, it's not terribly bad, either. It shouldn't have an effect like this. Which makes server capacity the main suspect. If so, it'll probably get fixed soon; slow servers are bad for business.

If you still suspect the animations, many of them can be turned off in options. However, the screen activity is there to fill in the delay caused by updating the server of your actions, rather than the cause of the delay. In my judgement, your system is to fast to be affected by it, unless it's being dragged down, which now seems unlikely. Still, you could always check CPU usage, but not much SW will have such CPU usage with such small memory footprint).

The best chance to clear this up would be to contact InnoGames support, as they will have access to the relevant server data. They may also know about common problems with SW/HW/network interactions with the game that we don't.

DeletedUser653

My complaint has been addressed by the powers that be at support very much to my satisfaction , Thank You
So if you have a solution perhaps you could share if for all the players with similar problems.
Personally I would advise dropping firefox as FOE and firefox do not seem to be the best partners.

DeletedUser110131

Hedonist58: Heh... I loaded the page before your last post, telling us that support has resolved his issue, and failed to notice the notice about your post. While that makes my advice to "contact InnoGames support" impressively prescient, it also makes it irrelevant. Glad to hear that it's resolved! I agree with HRC, though. The solution will be helpful to others, and I'd like to satisfy my own curiosity, as well.

HRC: InnoGames claims that FoE is designed in accordance with Firefox specifications, and tested mainly against Firefox, which therefore is the most compatible browser. The reason is presumably that Firefox has a long tradition of sticking to public standards, meaning that all browsers can legally fill the same requirements (nothing is proprietary), and failing to do so is essentially a defect. That said, if another browser solves your problem, then none of this matters, and you should go for it.

Hedonist58

Private
I have submitted a bug ticket, 2 things have happened
Innogames support replied to my ticket addressed some of the issues by giving me insights in logs that did not concur with my impressions
so that solves some matters
Next i was advised to clean up the Firefox game cache which I did but only a small improvement occured an update which occured 2 days later did make an improvement to the aid clicking and tavern visits , the screen items do still fly around but if i click twice with a 2-3 sec interval response to clicking speed improves
perhaps its also a question of patience on my part
I have no probelems with Firefox and FOE