• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Resources take so long to acquire.

DeletedUser

Do other players suffer the same problems with resources taking so long to acquire.
Foe example, to unlock Processions I need 24 dye but I can only produce 1 dye every 4 hours.
So it will take me 96 hours to produce the 24 dye required and that is only possible if I am here 24/7 and the process is always active which is impossible.
With the trade system being an almost redundant system is there another way around these problems (With out purchasing diamonds) and tips (That work) will be gratefully received.
Alternatively could the game organizers re-asses how long resources take to make or change the trading system.
MickyC.

DeletedUser276

use the search function... this has been talked about many a time.

DeletedUser

How does using the search option help me. what am I supposed to be searching for ?

DeletedUser276

you can search for

trades

Slow resources

etc etc. Saves us from retyping the exact same thing on thread after thread after thread.

DeletedUser

Sorry thought you were going to give some new advice. Yes i have searched for dye but can't find any realistic trades.
There are so few actives and even less online.
I need 39 dye but can only produce 1 every 4 hours. I'm not sure this is going to be for me. It's a great try at what could be a great game, but in truth it lacks so much.
I have heard people liken it to tribal wars and Travian. In many respects it's better than them. I played both as a paying customer and despite paying still lost every thing to a huge tribe. This game seemed to offer the builder and creator much more but alas it lack so much.

DeletedUser

I wonder if the creators of this game could create a platform game that resemble Settlers Heritage of Kings and not like the crap that is on Facebook The settlers Heritage of kings was and still is an awesome game but the idea of a settlers map that doesn't end would be worth paying for particularly if the only enemies were computer generated and not huge tribes that wipe you out no matter how hard you try. Just a thought. Please let me know if this kind of platform game is invented.
Thanks MickyC.

DeletedUser

Sorry explain BETA, it is obviously a term I am not familiar with.

DeletedUser

Do other players suffer the same problems with resources taking so long to acquire.
Foe example, to unlock Processions I need 24 dye but I can only produce 1 dye every 4 hours.
So it will take me 96 hours to produce the 24 dye required and that is only possible if I am here 24/7 and the process is always active which is impossible.
With the trade system being an almost redundant system is there another way around these problems (With out purchasing diamonds) and tips (That work) will be gratefully received.
Alternatively could the game organizers re-asses how long resources take to make or change the trading system.
MickyC.

In this case, at this point, my recommendation is to produce two factories, splitting the time in half.

Secondly, or perhaps more importantly, I have been working with Excel to look forward to potential lacks of resources. Basically, the further you know in advance that you will be needing a specific resource, the better off you are. For example, I know that in 249 hours, I will need 49 cloth for leatherworking. I have that on my excel sheet, where I list the researches consecutively along with the number of hours before I reach them.

So suppose that no one were trading, that would mean I would need at least 200 hours to produce the cloth at the standard rate, with one factory. But since I have 249 hours, that is still OK. So you see, as long as you can spot which resources you need in advance, the possibility of producing your own, in the event of a lack of trade, is actually quite good.

The more you think in these terms, the fewer problems like this you will have.

You mentioned that you can't play 24/7. With two factories up, it might be practical for you to produce more slowly, at 24 hour intervals, once you are sure you have enough can live with the amount of time it takes, returning a certain time of day, if you do not have the ability to check in every 8 hours. Just make sure you adjust for the slower rate, and always refresh that building every day at the same time. This ensures too that no one steals your hard earned goods when you are away.

To summarize, the best solution to lacks of goods is foresight. The road ahead can be traveled under all circumstances, as long as you know far enough in advance what is coming, and you make the decision while you still have the time. The reason why this is true is because they phase in the goods requirements for technologies a long time after you should already have been able to produce them for a while. This is particularly true later on, where there are huge waiting periods for the research.

But I would not be too discouraged about this setback so early. It is quite common, considering that you do not have time to play all day, you could not possibly catch everything the first time around.

Another point is that sometimes one cannot get enough trade because one needs to offer the right things to the right people. Try looking and seeing who is offering what, and see if you can give them what they are looking for (resources they do not have a building built for.) Then always make sure to give them a favorable rate, since they end up using a forge point.

I am very fortunate to have a few good trading partners in my neighborhood, and had no problem coming up with the 24 dye, although I got scared and went and built two factories at the time, I think, only to realize I did not need them. What can happen too is that one person gets a bit ahead of the others, and they do not realize they need to think about goods production until later. But when a few people get involved with goods production, this makes everything much more simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I didn't say you did. But it's ridiculous to charge people money to playtest an alpha version of a game.

DeletedUser

Mickey , 1 dye per 4 hours per building.
you can try putting up more than one dye building.

DeletedUser

Mickey , 1 dye per 4 hours per building.
you can try putting up more than one dye building.

Sadly this is what I am having to do for Limestone, not one person in my neighborhood has this good, so i am having to build two, maybe three limestone buildings to get up the resource for the tech I have been stuck on for four days, lol. Here soon this will not be a problem with the new update that was said to come out early July sometime.

DeletedUser

The real problem is not having a province that gives flowers to get the production bonus. I currently have wool,marble, lumber, and I'm working on limestone; but i don't flowers anywhere.

Anyone?

DeletedUser

Its annoying to have 24hr restriction on action, I fought 61times so far and got haul only once and I mistaken click and hauled Gold instead Iron (am testing the loot at that time hehe) and waited for 24hr to fight again to get nothing....waiting 24hr again.....again...so on unless the restriction is reduce :(

I got grapes and flower province but no place to build the buildings due to lack of expansion area :(

Total population:355
Available population:1

Cannot sell house due to population,cannot buy house same reason, and its tiresome to sell/buy high cost military building here and there,starting to feel bore :(

I hope they solved this kind of problem soon :)