• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Residential Buildings

Tripalms

Private
So I notice that many of the successful players have limited or no residential buildings so wondering if I am holding on to them unnecessarily.
Any comment to enlighten me.?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
As with everything in this game, it will take time. You will start with residential buildings, but as you obtain Great Buildings or Event Buildings that have population awards, you will be able to start eliminating your residential buildings, until you have either zero, or just specific ones that you may want to keep (i.e. Piazza Home - if you want to have the Piazza set constructed in your city). And as Klods references above, you will also be able to start eliminating goods and supply building (if you wish to play that way) because you could have certain Great and Event Buildings that will provide those as well.