• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Resetting forge point cost

DeletedUser

(If you reply to this thread, please write down what it costs for you to get a forge point)

Proposal:
On the first day of the month, have the forge point cost reset back to (50 coins?) Can't remember what it costed for the first purchase, or a to a little higher number, depending on the current Age player is in.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
Yes

Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Didn't find similar (but it doesn't mean it's not there, I just couldn't find it)

You will save yourself a lot of time and avoid the risk of your thread being closed quickly.
Thank you.

Reason:
After you buy several forge points, it becomes way to costly, and people stop buying them, so that feature is only good for the first hundred or so? As of right now, I'm close to 3K for a forge point

Details:
In the begening of the game, it was more affordable to buy forge points, cause I think it had more balanced ratio between income, and the cost. But once you climb higher, forge point is now way to expensive, compare to the income you get. I just think the cost should reset every month to a specific number depends on your current Age, to have a more balanced income/forge point cost.

Balance:
This feature can actually be used once you higher in the ladder.

Abuse Prevention:
Not that I can see

Summary:
Have the forge point cost reset every month or so to a specific number depending on your current Age.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7798

That's like eliminating the value of coins. No TY. Forge Points are already very abundant. 4050g for my next point, end of LMA. Many are up above 10k a point. It is no problem. The coins are flowing in. AFAIK you are not supposed to buy your way through the ages...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10171

8500 a point
I would like to see a cap not sure what would be fair or as you have implied above a rest each month to specific amount, say 1000 coin...

DeletedUser9815

That's like eliminating the value of coins. No TY. Forge Points are already very abundant. 4050g for my next point, end of LMA. Many are up above 10k a point. It is no problem. The coins are flowing in. AFAIK you are not supposed to buy your way through the ages...

I agree with you my man, People would end up just having huts everywhere, buying there way threw the tech!

DeletedUser2029

I apologise for (probably) stealing this thread, but as is, it's pretty awful, although not without potential... so here goes...

starting price of forge point in bronze age is 50 coins. a player gets a fixed amount of 10% of total amount of forge points in that age he/she can buy at that price. after the player exceeds that amount, the price goes up for that starting amount for every forge point bought after (as it is now). the starting price of a forge point should reset to the double amount of the starting price of previous age. or in practice:

Bronze age
starting price: 50 coins,
total amount of forge points needed to finish bronze age: 128, so the player can buy 13 (10%) forge points for the price of 50 coins each. 14th FP would cost 100 coins, 15th 150 coins,...

Iron age
starting price: 100 coins
"bonus": 256 FPs total, 10% is 26, so the 27th FP costs 200 coins, 28th 300 coins,...

EMA
starting price: 200 coins
"bonus": 505 FPs total, 10% is 51, so the 52nd costs 400 coins, 53rd 600 coins...

(I hope I added the FPs correctly)

DeletedUser

-1 to the idea, this will ruin the game

I am currently paying 30 000 and a willing to increase till 40 000 then i will stop.... until the Industrial age will be introduced.

DeletedUser

Just stopping by to add a down-vote to this one.
Sorry... but as already mentioned, this would ruin the game quite thoroughly.

DeletedUser7719

-1, my cost of a forge point: 6.8K (just started Colonial)
Abuse: it makes the game easier/makes one richer
I admit the cost felt waay higher when I was a young lad in the bronze age, but now if I need FP, I paying for them doesn't feel that costly

DeletedUser276

This unfortunately falls under getting things easier to cake walk the game. So moving this to the correct section of the ideas.