• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Research] Use FP packs on research tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109961

As the title states, I would like a plus icon on the tech tree tabs so we can add FP's from our packs. I rarely invest in the tree directly from my FP's gained through time. I am involved in FP swaps and then the packs I gain go towards my tech tree. Not sure why we havent got this as we have it for GB's.

Anyone else find this an issue? A minor one albeit.

Thanks
Rich

Edit: OVERTYPE - 2017-03-09 - Properly formated: research-prefabrication-fp-packs.33187.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108047

+1
For consistency and ease of play INNO should make sure that wherever you can spend fps the full range of options for paying fps are available. They've got it right in some places but there is no reason why all options shouldn't be available everywhere you spend fps.

DeletedUser12146

+1

but idea where FP would be in single bank would solve this problem, where you can finish tech tree on GB invest in one click...
index.php

HnEMqYe.png

p.s. this idea would also apply for tech tree...

If you like this, support it:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/change-fp-packages-into-a-single-bank.31044/

DeletedUser103370

+1

Proposal:

Use FP packs from your inventory directly in the Research's modal

Have you checked for similar ideas?:

N/A

Reason:

It's painful to click a hundred times to research, especially when you do a whole level in one go like I do.

Details:

When you research, you can use FP's from your pool directly, either 1 point, or the size of your pool. However, if you only have FP packs in your inventory, you need to click the plus, fill up your pool, then click again to use those FPs. That's not only unnecessary, but very inconvenient when you do more research in one go. It'd make more sense to simply have those packs in the modal, and inject them directly to the research with a simple click. Obviously it should only show buttons for the packs you actually have in the inventory, or grey out the other buttons, whichever...

Balance:

More convenient and faster use of the research module. It'd only need some more buttons in the modal, depending on what FP packs you have in your inventory

Visual Aids:

ITfNSVZ.png

Abuse Prevention:

N/A

Summary:

Direct use of Forge Point packs on research

DeletedUser108240

+0
would be nice sometimes, but the benefit is so small that I would say the programmers have better things to do, like fixing lag and improving other interfaces.

DeletedUser

+0
would be nice sometimes, but the benefit is so small that I would say the programmers have better things to do, like fixing lag and improving other interfaces.
You're not voting on where the developers/programmers time should be spent; you don't have even a jot of influence on that anyway. You're voting on whether or not you would like to see the idea implemented. How and when would never be at your discretion.
I think some people need to remember that.
+1

DeletedUser108240

Actually Your problem can be solved by an interface improvement that ALSO reduces nr of packes sent and need a server response for each FP donated.

It is in 3 parts:
1) What we have is an FP bar holding the FP awailable, so lets solve you problem by ONLY pouring the pack into the FP bar, All of the packet, no messing around with partial packets.
2) add an arrow up and a arrow down button to a text field showing how many FP is to be donated. the 2 buttons can change it to anything from 0 to all there is in thebar. This operation is entirely local to the client and need no messages sent back and forth to the server so it is fast and will not generate any lag for the other clients or the server.
3) add a SEND IT button to send the amount of FP that have been set in the field. A single transaction that only require ONE packet sent and acknowledged "Send 5 FP to building __" and a response of "OK" if the transaction went through with no errors or else an error message (or just silence) if something went wrong.

Now THAT I would vote a big plus for ;-))

DeletedUser110433

You're not voting on where the developers/programmers time should be spent; you don't have even a jot of influence on that anyway. You're voting on whether or not you would like to see the idea implemented. How and when would never be at your discretion.
+1
0 is a value as well, Yes(+1), No(-1), Abstain(0), as long it is not decimal it is fine. Abstaining does not necessarily mean ''i don`t care,'' true, we can not influence the programmers time table, but we can encourage others to vote ''pass'' as well.
Since i see this idea as ''useless'' not ''harmless'' my vote is -1

DeletedUser653

+1

lady-lexis, not often I disagree with you, but we do try and stop silly tart it up ideas (we would have said no to pretty hoping bunny rabbits if the inno programmer had posted it as a suggestion). So we do tend to say no to ideas which do not improve the game and would take up developers time which is better spent fixing lag etc (please, pretty please even).
But I have no choice but to agree with you that what we say here makes no difference to what ever INNO decide to do :(

DeletedUser

lady-lexis, not often I disagree with you, but we do try and stop silly tart it up ideas (we would have said no to pretty hoping bunny rabbits if the inno programmer had posted it as a suggestion). So we do tend to say no to ideas which do not improve the game and would take up developers time which is better spent fixing lag etc (please, pretty please even).
But I have no choice but to agree with you that what we say here makes no difference to what ever INNO decide to do :(
Well, while I do wish that the developers took a blind bit of notice of what we say and suggest here, I fundamentally disagree with voting ideas down based on the illusion that we can influence the way their time is spent. Genuinely thinking that the idea does not improve the game is one thing, but people who comment along the lines of 'interesting idea, but have to downvote because the developers have better things to do' frustrate me.
If the day ever comes when the developers are actively listening to our ideas, then it'd be important to try and lead them in one direction or another. Until that day arrives, why don't we keep it simple and just vote on whether you like the idea and would like to see it implemented, and not pretend we have any influence on what they produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.