• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Research "Multistory Houses" disappeared

DeletedUser683

Hi there,
I had researched said houses a day or two ago and have built several multistory houses since.
I noticed they were missing from the building menu a moment ago. My research tree looks like this:
Clipboard01.jpg

order of research was Frame Houses, Chain of Command, Multistory Houses, Tanning, Casting, Quarries.
I noticed the missing research after I had finished Quarries.
Had a look at it in IE, Chrome, Firefox (all uptodate).

I'm going to just re-research it, but it would be very annoying if it disappears again later.

DeletedUser

Hi,

the research disappeared after the last update and now is back again. I thought they removed them permanent.

DeletedUser

Actually, I believe they were testing some balance changes. If you look, you'll notice it costs 600 diamonds to research multistory houses. I was under the impression that nothing was supposed to force us to spend diamonds anymore? Supposed to be an option, not a mandate.

Anyways, I can attest from personal experience that as of yesterday (before this latest patch), I was able to build Multistory Houses as soon as I entered the Early Middle Age without researching them (because it was not an option to research). As soon as I entered the EMA, Multistory House just showed up as an option to build. Now that they've applied this patch and added the research path back in, I can no longer build Multistory Houses (because I have not researched their path which just reappeared). Which kind of annoys me because my #2 competitor has at least one Multistory House, and I am confident he built that during the no-research-required period.

Wish they would do a better job trying to explain the game changes they keep messing around with via these patches (i.e. make any effort at all).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser683

Guess I didn't really pay attention, I thought I had spent forge points on it. They sure seemed overpowered at that stage in the research tree.

DeletedUser41

Im pretty sure I had this researched, now its saying I dont so I am a lil confused. I had 4 built already and now its saying I need to research it again. I have to go in and research this yet again using a bunch more forge points? Shouldnt we be given them for free if we had already researched them?