• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Request] Campaign Guide.

DeletedUser

Hello.
My purpose in creating this thread is for requesting someone to post detailed explainations of [videos would be highly appreciated]:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UNANSWERED:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. All known battle mechanics. There does not seem to be a thread that includes all of them, and the game does not offer much in tutorials except "Stab enemies before they stab ya!". Not good.

2. How to beat Iron Age and above. Bronze Age campaigns are fairly easy to beat, just throw 8 spearfighters at them and watch everything die. Iron Age is where tactics get thrown in your face in a rude manner. I'm currently stuck at the East-Nagach province, the sectors that have warriors + ballistae are raping everything I throw at them [4 warriors + 4 archers] [2 horsemen + 3 warriors + 3 archers] are both combinations that I have tried.

Note: I have seen people talking about using 8 spearfighters to beat Iron Age sectors, so videos of that would be nice. Might even make it a contest to see who holds the record of surviving the hardest battle with just the good ol' spearfighters :D

3. Units, their strengths and weaknesses. This may seem like a derp question, but I find difficulty trying to think of a way to counter the enemy long ranged units [ballistae-thingies] that kill all my fast units before the horsemen even get into range ';..;'

4. Upgrading units as you progress through ages. This may be effective for defence of your city, but since higher tier units have a wtfbbqflyingcowstasis build speed, it may not be all that great for conquering sectors in a timely manner. I would like your opinion on this matter as well.

ANSWERS
From Randgris:
Statistics about units (complied by HaekelHansi)
Rocks give damage bonus to short range units.
Hills give damage bonus to long range units.
Hovering the cursor over a unit indicates how far it can go in the next round.
You can scout the behaviour of the AI with cheap disposable units [spears!] before engaging them in real battle. Their AI may change depending on the type of units you use, so take care!
Kill the enemy long ranged units first!
When hunting ballistae, try to end turns in cover such as bushes or forest that give extra defence. Ignore the melee units, just go all out and slaughter all their ballistae while minimizing damage that you take.

Thanks in advance for any information that may be posted.

P.S.
If you have any questions as well, post them here, it won't bother me. As long as they are not questions like
[Would you donate $100 to me] [No, I will not buy 13000 diamonds for you :)]
[Y u so gay? go suck urself nub] [Just...no]

P.P.S.
There seems to be a bug with the button that changes the colour of your fonts, it keeps giving you the same colour. I fixed it somehow just now but now it's back; stuck forever at light blue. Would appreciate if someone fixed this issue, kthxbai.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. for Military units' strength and weaknesses, aside from hovering over their icons in battle screen, you can also check out HaekelHansi's compiled tables about military units and buildings

2. Use terrain to your advantage, bushes and forests give +2 and +3 respectively to defense for light melee (spearfighters, soldiers, mercenaries...), rocks give damage bonus to short range units, hills give bonus damage to long range units, anything that's not flat (when you hover your mouse over them a tooltip shows up) eg. swamps, rocks, hills, bushes and forests slows down unit movement and even restricts motion for some.

3. Don't rush into battle, make it so you'll take the least damage you could when it's the enemy's turn. Hovering over any unit gives you an idea of how far it can go(although sometimes it is lame buggy, just compensate, say give it a margin for bugs :p). Don't end your units' turns within range of melee units first turn out(and sometimes if possible out of short range's range taking into account both their attack and movement range).

4. Cut off the units which have range of more than 1 first :D. Horsemen are pretty useless in my opinion, they're fast yes, but they still take more than 1 turn to do their purpose.

DeletedUser

Thanks, I still have a few questions though.
1. Could you specify the amount of damage added when the ranged units stand on their respective damage boosters?
2. Should I just clump all my units together and wait for the enemy to come to me? This works in most cases but backfires pretty dramatically when I meet long range units. Also, ballista can hit you within the first turn, which is why I have so much trouble countering them.
3. What do you mean by cutting off the units that have range of more than 1?

DeletedUser

1. some say it's a plus one damage modifier, but their absolute values are irrelevant IMO, a plus is always a plus.

2. You don't need to win every battle out in the first meeting, scout their behavior first with spearfighters (though sometimes they change maneuvers depending on the units you have). As for the ballistae, I was actually able to take out East-Nagach's ballistae infested sector with 8 spearfighters, just make sure you end turns in bushes or forests, don't mind those other melee units tagging you just focus on the real enemy before you which are those arrows on wheels.

3. I mean kill them off first :D

DeletedUser1081

if you enter "East Nagach" in the search gizmo, you'll find some very very informative threads.

DeletedUser

Help please: I am desperately trying to work out how to control my troops in battle. Anybody know where I can find the mechanics or this please?

DeletedUser1094

Hi chiefnit...

You should really take a look at our Guides- & FAQ-sections. You'll find lots of useful information there...

Answer to your question can be found here -> (click) Draft-Guide-for-beginners

Happy fighting... :)

DeletedUser

Hi chiefnit...

You should really take a look at our Guides- & FAQ-sections. You'll find lots of useful information there...

Answer to your question can be found here -> (click) Draft-Guide-for-beginners

Happy fighting... :)

Except that these FAQ are a year old and in "old" pages..... if this is right and you cannot even select which unit you wish to use at which time of attack/defence..... then this game SUX big time..... as no war is fought by a pre-determined factor of order of attack or defence.... not to mention that all the units do not get a turn each... WHAT?

So now lets upgrade the answers for a newbie (me) and describe how one can control the troops...... again in battle.

Jim