• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Reported Text Issues in Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

As per our announcement here, please use this thread to report any text or spelling errors etc you come across in the game. Screenshots are helpful as well as a detailed description of the error! We've created a new tag as well, Text Error so you can easily identify these!

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
The first one which makes no sense anyway is the wording on the 'Victory Streak (recurring quest)' - Win 12 battles without losing.
Add 'without losing in between' or 'Win 12 consecutive battles'.

Draqone

Corporal
The first one which makes no sense anyway is the wording on the 'Victory Streak (recurring quest)' - Win 12 battles without losing.
Same goes for negotiations: You can't really "lose" a negotiation, you can only "fail" it.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
What makes this a grammatical or other type of error? The quest name says 'victory streak' - which in and of itself, means without losing - because if you lost, it would not be a victory streak. Using the word 'consecutive' could be useful, if the quest itself was not calling it a streak already.

Same goes for negotiations: You can't really "lose" a negotiation, you can only "fail" it.
Actually, even Harvard Law School has a blog about win-lose negotiations, citing examples such as cities attempting to win the new Amazon HQ2 a few years ago, and the results of when big city 'wins' the rights to a major league team, which ended up being a losing negotiation in the end.

You either win a negotiation, or you lose it, or both sides win (aka a win-win scenario) or both sides end up worse than they started (aka a lose-lose scenario).

Andrew420

Major
The Galata Tower
Hover over the information about the bonus in the overview tab
In the third sentence plunder attempts is written twice
" At the next level, the first two plunder attempts plunder attempts have a xx% chance to be repelled "

Last edited:

thepessimist

Private
There are certain language defects in the automated comments. Kicked vs Left vs Removed

When I kick somebody out of the guild:
The event log says player was "kicked from" the guild by me [1]
The main guild thread says player 1 "left" the guild [2]

When I remove somebody from a social thread
The thread says Player 1 was kicked" by me [3]

The words should be
[1] kicked
[2] kicked
[3] removed

The only place the automated comment should say "left" is when the player voluntarily left the guild or social thread.
"Left" implies voluntary, "Kicked" means involuntary. "Removed" is softer than "Kicked"; it implies no assertiveness.

Lugnut

Private
On the Explore Mistletown Event Quest in the Winter Event 2021 the Hint doesn't match the task.
Happy Holidays Everyone & hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-22 210939.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-22 210939.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 109

Vesiger

Monarch
"What poor fortune he's had losing his stead over the mountain pass" - text for 'Royal Reward' quest (No.35) in the current Hero Event should read 'steed', e.g. horse

"What poor fortune he's had losing his stead over the mountain pass" - text for 'Royal Reward' quest (No.35) in the current Hero Event should read 'steed', e.g. horse
Nah, he is not losing his "horse" (steed). "Stead" is correct, meaning place, home, homestead. He is losing his home.

Vesiger

Monarch
Nah, he is not losing his "horse" (steed). "Stead" is correct, meaning place, home, homestead. He is losing his home.
If it genuinely means 'homestead' (I can't tell if you're serious or not) then it needs to say so - 'stead' means 'place' in the sense "in the stead of", "in place of", "as a substitute for". It doesn't mean 'home', and hasn't meant 'farm' since we stopped talking about 'a steading' in the Middle Ages.
But so far as I remember - I have finished the quest and no longer have access to the text - the context is clearly that this traveller is a royal prince and not a farmer who has lost his smallholding, and that he is in a battered state due to having lost his means of transport in the mountains...

If it genuinely means 'homestead' (I can't tell if you're serious or not) then it needs to say so - 'stead' means 'place' in the sense "in the stead of", "in place of", "as a substitute for". It doesn't mean 'home', and hasn't meant 'farm' since we stopped talking about 'a steading' in the Middle Ages.
But so far as I remember - I have finished the quest and no longer have access to the text - the context is clearly that this traveller is a royal prince and not a farmer who has lost his smallholding, and that he is in a battered state due to having lost his means of transport in the mountains...
I don't know the context. I haven't read any of the text besides your outtake above. If he's a traveller who has lost his horse/transport, you may be right that it should be "steed" - instead of stead. Unless it refers to a more distant past where he has lost his place/home. "Over the mountain pass" sounds like it's far away = He has lost/left his stead (place) somewhere beyond the mountains. "What poor fortune he's had leaving his place behind the mountains".

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
"You really now how to set the right priorities" in Mars era Story Quest 'Distractions Everywhere' is a typo for "you really know".

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Is this just a text error, or an actual bug?
FoE Nautilus Side Quest.png

See that "(Reward: 4 Nautilus)" in the text? Why is it there? The reward is not part of the quest text.

Also, is this just a text error, or is it an actual bug and the reward for this quest is really supposed to be 4 Nautilus instead of just 2?

SeaversDad

Private
Hi,

In the Oceanic Terminal one can assume due to the fact that it sinks they use a submarine to search for Orichalcum, when you deploy it to search you call it a ship. As a naval veteran and former submariner this is historically inaccurate, you should change the name from ship to boat. When submarines were first starting to be produced for military use they were called torpedo boats. Over time the term boats for submarines has stuck as both a tribute and a way to seperate them from the what we call the surface navy. I know how you guys try to keep things some what historically accurate and this would be a great change to continue that tradition.

Thank you,

SeaversDad

DJ of BA

Master Corporal
I have noticed that the message centre seems to cut off the bottom of letters such a y, p and g if they are on the last line of a post, as if there is a margin error, as the bottom part of those letters seem to be missing, ie 2 pixels down cuts them off, this is in the actual threads, if a message is on main board it appears correctly, only when you enter the actual threads to view all messages does this occur

Last edited:

Double335

Private
In Venus, the title of the quest says "Direct Nature" but the title in research says "Directed Nature". I can't possibly play the game until this error is fixed...

DJ of BA

Master Corporal
I have noticed that the message centre seems to cut off the bottom of letters such a y, p and g if they are on the last line of a post, as if there is a margin error, as the bottom part of those letters seem to be missing, ie 2 pixels down cuts them off, this is in the actual threads, if a message is on main board it appears correctly, only when you enter the actual threads to view all messages does this occur
Thank you to the Devs who seem to have fixed this minor issue