• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Removing Impediments on Cultural Settlements

DeletedUser2139

Hello
Please consider a way to remove Impediments from CS. This can be achieved by the products that are produced on Cultural Goods Buildings. Axes for example would be an excellent tool for such an action.

Thank you

PS
If this has been already proposed please add my support on this idea.

DeletedUser96901

that is the challenge

you must build your city different each time

without them it would be boring because you could use the same city layout for all 15 (and more) times you do it

and that is exactly what InnoGames want
so your idea will never be implemented

@Mods
I think this idea should be added to the not to suggest-list ;)

DeletedUser113901

60 of each goods to remove a 1x1 impediment and 100 of each goods to remove a 1x2 or 2x1 impediment?

DeletedUser2139

Thanks for the contribution guys
@Test Amend I'm on the start of my 4th CS right now having successfully completed the previous 3 (2 golds, one silver chest) so I do not consider this as a challenge but rather as a nuisance.
@BradType I would say following the same pattern as the addition of expansions could be more close to reality and not
60 of each goods to remove a 1x1 impediment and 100 of each goods to remove a 1x2 or 2x1 impediment?

DeletedUser96901

I do not consider this as a challenge but rather as a nuisance.
but InnoGames clearly stated it as challenge and for that reason will not change them

But building up a village, is not as easy as you may think. Impediments, unmovable rocks in your city, block part of the city grid, making it harder to arrange buildings, as those need to be placed around the Impediments.

With each instance of a new Settlement, the Impediments will be rearranged, adding an extra layer of challenge to organizing the settlement

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cultural-settlements.36770/

I'm on the start of my 4th CS right now having successfully completed the previous 3 (2 golds, one silver chest)
great success :rolleyes:

I am on my 5th and today unlocked wool farm :lol:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
+1

Exactly my impression when first starting the settlement. "Stones? Can't build on? Oh, axes! They must be produced to cut and remove the stones."
Then, it turned out, that is not the case.
But why not?
How about 5Axes to remove 1 small stone, or reduce 1 big stone to a small one?
Not OK? Let's negotiate. How about on top of it, a percentage chance of "You've successfully removed the stone with 5Axes" versus "Sorry, the stone is not removed and you axes are broken".

Agent327

Overlord
But why not?.

Probably because of this

But building up a village, is not as easy as you may think. Impediments, unmovable rocks in your city, block part of the city grid, making it harder to arrange buildings, as those need to be placed around the Impediments.

With each instance of a new Settlement, the Impediments will be rearranged, adding an extra layer of challenge to organizing the settlement

Not everything in the game needs to be dumbed down so that the brainless can do it as well.

DeletedUser113901

+1

Exactly my impression when first starting the settlement. "Stones? Can't build on? Oh, axes! They must be produced to cut and remove the stones."
Then, it turned out, that is not the case.
But why not?
How about 5Axes to remove 1 small stone, or reduce 1 big stone to a small one?
Not OK? Let's negotiate. How about on top of it, a percentage chance of "You've successfully removed the stone with 5Axes" versus "Sorry, the stone is not removed and you axes are broken".
Axes are ment to cut either wood, either meat. Try cutting a big stone with an axe and we'll talk about it again.

DeletedUser96901

it is very risky to do that

so the axes must be covered with wool :lol:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Not everything in the game needs to be dumbed down so that the brainless can do it as well.

Not necessarily dumbing down.
For example, as I proposed, 5axes to remove a small stone at beginning. Then you have 3 choices to choose from: 1Axe for expansion; 10Axes for research; or 5Axes to remove stone (with a chance of failures). It requires even more brain power to select the best option now.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Axes are ment to cut either wood, either meat. Try cutting a big stone with an axe and we'll talk about it again.
Place one axe edge down on the stone and use another axe (the blunt side) to knock, knock, knock...
Works like a chisel. The relevant technique is already there, readily applicable -- how do you think the Runestones are formed?
Now look what you have done -- you've irritated the viking by downplaying the power of their cutting-edge instrument.
As a result, everyone now must remove at least one implediment with the axe(s). Otherwise, they won't receive their Greater Runestone reward.
Because they did not practice and don't know how to cut (carve) the stone with the axes!

------

Those who haven't removed any stone with axes by the time of finishing the settlement receive not a Greater Runestone Selection Kit but a big chunk of rock as reward, shipped to door by the vikings, to place in their main city, because they like the challenge of it! o.o

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
Not necessarily dumbing down.
For example, as I proposed, 5axes to remove a small stone at beginning. Then you have 3 choices to choose from: 1Axe for expansion; 10Axes for research; or 5Axes to remove stone (with a chance of failures). It requires even more brain power to select the best option now.

So dumbing down!!

Every idiot playing the game can produce axes, so every idiot can make the game easier. How is that not dumbing down? You do know that the only thing you can fail is the time limit and that that limit has been put in with a reason?

DeletedUser113901

Place one axe edge down on the stone and use another axe (the blunt side) to knock, knock, knock...
Works like a chisel. The relevant technique is already there, readily applicable -- how do you think the Runestones are formed?
Now look what you have done -- you've irritated the viking by downplaying the power of their cutting-edge instrument.
As a result, everyone now must remove at least one implediment with the axe(s). Otherwise, they won't receive their Greater Runestone reward.
Because they did not practice and don't know how to cut (carve) the stone with the axes!

------

Those who haven't removed any stone with axes by the time of finishing the settlement receive not a Greater Runestone Selection Kit but a big chunk of rock as reward, shipped to door by the vikings, to place in their main city, because they like the challenge of it! o.o
I suppose you mean with a scissor and a poleaxe. Not with axes.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
So dumbing down!!

Every idiot playing the game can produce axes, so every idiot can make the game easier. How is that not dumbing down? You do know that the only thing you can fail is the time limit and that that limit has been put in with a reason?
I suppose you mean with a scissor and a poleaxe. Not with axes.

Combine the above two posts, and there you have it:

I can't produce axes, because, I want a type of axe that can cut the stone. I produced an axe. It can't cut the stone. It's not the type of axe that I want.

If "Every idiot playing the game can produce axes" then I'm confused. At least I can't produce a poleaxe. Or scissor-axe. It makes me feel like such an idiot.

New idea: please introduce pickaxe ⛏ to cultural settlments.

"The pointed edge is most often used to break up rocky surfaces or other hard surfaces such as concrete or hardened dried earth. The large momentum of a heavy pickaxe on a small contact area makes it very effective for this purpose." - wikipedia

Last edited: