• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Remove visiting popup

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Galladhorn

Monarch
I would , but I wouldn't do it, because the city takes MUCH longer to load (on mobile, the pop-up is almost instantaneous)

Well, it might be a fast pop up – still for any player playing dayli and who does AID and Visit Taverns – the Tavern pop-up, adds an extra click to close it.
We got AID to resolve loading cities for each and every visit – then we got Tavern – its almost like two steps forward and one step back.

I can not prove this, but I guess that most players don´t even look at this Tavern Pup Up Window – it is for the most part just a routine click being applied in the same dayli routine as the AID – At least the Event history often show this very pattern – This player AIded Your... This players Visited your Tavern...

FoE is already extremely click intensive considering how long time it has been around.
Adding another click just to close a window is a considerable amount of Clicks over a year.

Take how many freinds you Have and x with about 365 days or how many day you play. For a person with 100 Freinds playeing every day that amounts to 36.500 Clicks x 3 = 109.500 clicks a year. With no tavern pop-up you shave a thrid of clicks off ending at 73.000 clicks (For one city). Now consider having 2 or 10 cities. And this is just clicks for AID and Tavern (tavern close window) not including all the other parts of FoE that requires you to click on something.

Surely players that played for many years now do not have much use for seeing that window – Guestimating at least 80% of their Freinds are steady players that do their stuff – They do not not to check those.

Perhaps it can be made as an option that each player can tick on or off in the settings.

– I would in any case highly welcome less of such clicks – They do not make the fun part of the game.

Also nobody to this date have answered the question if the amount of clicks has an actual influnce on Inno´s economy for FoE – We have so many active players and they do so and so many actions etc. If clicks has an infleunce then that is straight up incentive for keeping more clicks when the game can be played freely (fair enough). if it does not have any signifcant infleunece on the Economy of Inno, then such clicks should be avoided. There is in fact Ethics and standards concerning games and among other topics click rates. One of these states that is sonsidered bad development if long time players get more clicks as the game progresses it should in fact stay the same or decrease.

Last edited:

Galladhorn

Monarch
-1 I use looking in taverns to get a feel which people are actually visiting them regularly and may be worth to sent a friends request when I see them appear frequently by others and after I have my spring cleaning.
There is a new tendency of people who do not visit taverns anymore.
Some care to share the news (spam) with all their friends but most do not.

It might be so – But with AID it is easy to see which players AID back – The exact same visual feedback could be applied to Tavern visits.
And sorry, but who does have time time to visit and check up to 140 Taverns for each server dayli. Some players have many cities – Inno even promotes this – Try another Sever, You can have more cities etc.

Secondary there is not Timer Feeeback on Tavern Visits in the event window – Why not, AID provides this feeback.

Right now we have "Two Buttons"; One for AID and one for Tavern – You cannot AID a player that is not on your Freindlist, so overall it comes down to about the exact same functionality, except that one button (on desktop) is bigger and the other one is smaller and requires a closing window action.
On mobile they are the same size. (Inconsistency of UI/UX).

Also both Actions are "dayli task" – There is essentially not difference between them, which is why there should be no difference in how they work in the game.

As said in the above reply: Perhaps it can be made as an option that each player can tick on or off in the settings.
Then both the players that do not need to see this window for the very "102.200" times a year and "102.200" times a year to close it (for each city) and the players like your self that like to see it and use to find new freinds are serviced.

And I do know that the Tavern Visit Button was added shotly after Tavern was introduced (like an afterhtought) – because at least on this Forum I brougth up the idea with a visual aid to it – Was not made exatly like that but very close to it. This was added very fast becasue it was something that the devs had forgotten in the properly narrow time span they had to introduce this new feature of the Taven. But that does not mean it can not be improved and should not be improved.

Last edited: