• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Remove the 'X' from the top cornner of new quests.

• Thread starter DeletedUser4089
  • Start date

DeletedUser4089

Proposal: Remove the 'X' from the top-right corner of new quests.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Yes, can't see any.

Reason: Many people are so used to working with computers that using the 'X' button to close a pop-up is second nature. This can cause people to read the quest tasks, click 'X', then try completing the quest, only to realise that they haven't actually accepted it yet. This can be very costly in certain situations.

Details: The 'X' is unnecessary as we already have 'Accept' and 'Skip' buttons. The 'X' is the only button that perfroms no function except to close the pop-up, and can lead to bad situations. Remove it and we will only ever use the Accept or Skip buttons, no more, thinking you've accepted a quest that you haven't.

Visual Aids:
23uUx.png

Cd3SP.png

Balance: If a player is not sure whether they want to Accept or Skip a quest and would like to check some things out before deciding, they can Accept, then if they decide they'd rather not do it, they have the 'Abort' button in the later pop-ups.

Abuse Prevention: No chance of abuse.

Summary: Remove the 'X', leave us with only 'Accept' or 'Skip'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2456

-1 I dislike this idea.
I like the X button because then I can go see if I have the buildings and resources.

DeletedUser

Oh this, thank you Barti, awesome idea. Definitely would love to see this implemented, it has happened to me too, last time mere minutes ago.. Luckily that was an easy and cheap quest.

As for Chromeozone's comment; you can just accept the quest and check after that. If you decide not to do the quest, you can always abandon it. Just like you would have to go back and click "Skip" if you had closed it with the x instead of accepting it. So nothing changes there, only that you can't accidentally try completing a quest you haven't accepted.

DeletedUser4089

-1 I dislike this idea.
I like the X button because then I can go see if I have the buildings and resources.
See "Balance", already thought of that.

@Mutzena, I've only had it happen to me once, and the quest was only to build a tree. :)

DeletedUser4800

Its not big of a deal to me and I've actually used the X quite a few times.

DeletedUser4800

+1 to this: no more confusion then.
What about those quests that only have 1 button like "pay" for example? I mean this idea hasn't been really thought out, the X has an effect and its not there just for the sake of it.

DeletedUser

Any Quest you can't abort is mandatory anyway, better to accept asap with no confusion. +1 to this

DeletedUser

What about those quests that only have 1 button like "pay" for example? I mean this idea hasn't been really thought out, the X has an effect and its not there just for the sake of it.

The x could be there after you already accepted the quest. Until then you will have "skip" and "accept" instead of "pay".

DeletedUser4800

The x could be there after you already accepted the quest. Until then you will have "skip" and "accept" instead of "pay".

Yeah but there isn't "Accept" button, there is only PAY button. How are you going to pay if you don't want to pay at that moment or don't have the resources to pay at that moment?

I don't think any of you guys know what you are talking about.

DeletedUser

Before you accept a quest, there are two buttons, "accept" and "skip". Only after you accept the quest the button "pay" appears. Thus you could have the x added along with the "pay" button after the quest has been accepted.

DeletedUser4800

Before you accept a quest, there are two buttons, "accept" and "skip". Only after you accept the quest the button "pay" appears. Thus you could have the x added along with the "pay" button after the quest has been accepted.
Well that is not always the case, but even then how are you going to close it? Like you accept the quest and go there to pay and change your minds, or just want to remember what the quests where, or accidentally click on the quest, etc... Now you won't have any way to close the quest without loosing it.

I could support changing the X to a square that signifies minimize, but this idea is really really bad.

Because some of you are going on my nerve, here is a picture for you so you are able to understand:
DtKdC.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

I don't see how that picture backs up your point. All you can do is accept anyway so why have the 'X' button at all.

DeletedUser

Well that is not always the case, but even then how are you going to close it? Like you accept the quest and go there to pay and change your minds, or just want to remember what the quests where, or accidentally click on the quest, etc... Now you won't have any way to close the quest without loosing it.

Ah I see, you have misunderstood one thing there :) There would be an x to close it normally, after you have accepted the quest. So if you go there to pay and change your mind, you can close it from the x, accidentally click on it, you can close it from the x.

The x would only be missing before you accept the quest, to avoid you closing it and thinking you have accepted it, then completing the requirement (could be very expensive) and afterwards realizing you never accepted it and now you have to do it all over again.

So it brings absolutely no problem, only helps you avoid expensive mistakes :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser4800

Ah I see, you have misunderstood one thing there :) There would be an x to close it normally, after you have accepted the quest. So if you go there to pay and change your mind, you can close it from the x, accidentally click on it, you can close it from the x.

The x would only be missing before you accept the quest, to avoid you closing it and thinking you have accepted it, then completing the requirement (could be very expensive) and afterwards realizing you never accepted it and now you have to do it all over again.

So it brings absolutely no problem, only helps you avoid expensive mistakes :)

~Mutzena~
Ah, well that makes more sense then, though don't know how feasible it would be coding wise.