• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Remove hides in the forest ability from ranged units

• Thread starter DeletedUser109385
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser109385

Proposal:
Remove hides in the forest ability from light ranged units

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes and found nothing

Reason:
In my opinion light ranged units like the jeager infantry are just too strong with the ability of hiding the forest, since they can hide in forests jeager infantries will often stay in the forest and just shoot all the units from the forest without the units unable to attack it back, I had 4 dragoons and needed to kill 1 jeager infantry and my dragoons could not attack the jeager infantry since it was hiding in the forest, the jeager infantry just stayed in the forest and shoot all my dragoons without the jeager infantry losing a single health, they are just too powerful since they already have the ranged ability which means units cannot retaliate their attacks and a range of 6 as well which is quite a lot of range .

Balance:
Can't think of any unbalance issues
Abuse Prevention:
No abuse

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

dragoons (and other fast units) are the worst units against jaeger
the correct unit to use against them are howitzer

so -1 because it is your fault that you are using the wrong unit (and from one age below the units you attack)
not the fault of the game

and you fight terrible :lol:
a good fighter would force the jaeger to leave the wood :blush:
(but that still wouldn't help with dragoons because the can't shoot :o)

and your idea is wrong
jaeger are light units and not ranged units
so if they remove the hide ability from ranged units the jaeger will still have it :lol:

DeletedUser109385

dragoons (and other fast units) are the worst units against jaeger
the correct unit to use against them are howitzer

so -1 because it is your fault that you are using the wrong unit (and from one age below the units you attack)
not the fault of the game

and you fight terrible :lol:
a good fighter would force the jaeger to leave the wood :blush:
(but that still wouldn't help with dragoons because the can't shoot :o)

and your idea is wrong
jaeger are light units and not ranged units
so if they remove the hide ability from ranged units the jaeger will still have it :lol:
I meant ranged units as in units that have range, not actual ranged units like sniper, I did try to force the jeager to leave the woods but the ranged ability just gave him the advantage and no I don't fight terrible,I am second on PvP tower if I did fight terribile I wouldn't even be in the tower, 4 dragoons can still take on 1 jeager infantry, I once did it and managed to kill a jeager infantry with 4 dragoons because the jeager did not hide in the forest so I was able to hit it but in this case the jeager hid in the forest and stayed there, I did try to force the jeager to leave the woods but that didn't help as the jeager simply moved to the closest forest.

DeletedUser96901

,I am second on PvP tower if I did fight terribile I wouldn't even be in the tower
terrible logic
you could be first and still be a terrible fighter

the tower only says who has the most points
and I have seen players with 5 times the fights and only double the points than other

what does that say: they are terrible and they only win towers because they fight more

and that idea shows how bad you are as fighter
you use the wrong class (fast against light) and an unit one age below
and then you complain and want the game be changed

I meant ranged units as in units that have range
but you should meant what you write

if your idea will be implemented you would cry after it because they made what you wrote not what you meant

ranged units = ranged units
jaeger = light units that can shoot (and all light units later and many other NOT-ranged units can that do)

DeletedUser12400

ranged units like the jeager infantry
I meant ranged units as in units that have range, not actual ranged units
I don't fight terrible,I am second on PvP tower if I did fight terribile I wouldn't even be in the tower
Facepalm.png

DeletedUser109385

terrible logic
you could be first and still be a terrible fighter

the tower only says who has the most points
and I have seen players with 5 times the fights and only double the points than other

what does that say: they are terrible and they only win towers because they fight more

and that idea shows how bad you are as fighter
you use the wrong class (fast against light) and an unit one age below
and then you complain and want the game be changed

but you should meant what you write
t
if your idea will be implemented you would cry after it because they made what you wrote not what you meant

ranged units = ranged units
jaeger = light units that can shoot (and all light units later and many other NOT-ranged units can that do)
You still have not commented on this quote
I once did it and managed to kill a jeager infantry with 4 dragoons because the jeager did not hide in the forest so I was able to hit it but in this case the jeager hid in the forest and stayed there, I did try to force the jeager to leave the woods but that didn't help as the jeager simply moved to the closest forest.
I mean in my PvP tower all I can see are players with a fair number of battles and the amount of points that are worth, yes I know that fast units are terrible against light units but I do belive 4 fast units from one age below can take down one light infantry from one age above

DeletedUser96901

my answer:
don't use the worst unit against them
(nobody would try to defeat 8 railguns with heavy units)

if you want to use colonial age units then musketeers
and place them far away so there is no tree to hide if jaeger wants to shoot

or play the game how it is supposed :lol:
howitzer against jaeger

but if you want a fighting lesson then you should ask in discussion not during an idea

DeletedUser109385

my answer:
don't use the worst unit against them
(nobody would try to defeat 8 railguns with heavy units)

if you want to use colonial age units then musketeers
and place them far away so there is no tree to hide if jaeger wants to shoot

or play the game how it is supposed :lol:
howitzer against jaeger

but if you want a fighting lesson then you should ask in discussion not during an idea
The point I am trying to make is that is very hard to kill a unit that has ranged attack and able to hide in forests, you can't hit those units and the units hiding the forest will just shoot and kill without getting hit, this is even more difficult if you are fighting with ranged or artillery units as they cannot attack units that hide in forests.
But hopefully I will find some way to kill the jeager and prevent it from hiding in the forest as I do have the feeling this idea will get down voted a lot.

DeletedUser96901

a good fighter would find a way to win :lol:
(without dragoons)

and wouldn't it be crazy if it would be easy to defeat an unit of the next era with the worst possible unit against that unit class

DeletedUser

The point I am trying to make is that is very hard to kill a unit that has ranged attack and able to hide in forests, you can't hit those units and the units hiding the forest will just shoot and kill without getting hit, this is even more difficult if you are fighting with ranged or artillery units as they cannot attack units that hide in forests.
So you're trying to make things less difficult for yourself. A better start would be to use unit bonuses more wisely as Test has already pointed out. Not everything can be easy.

DeletedUser109385

Not everything can be easy.
That's a fair point
You don't have to fight fast, rather fight smart. Know your troops and your enemies troops.
fight smart, smart, smart is all I get, the enemy can outsmart me, if I try to spy on their defending army(that means attack and retreat without fighting) then the enemy will simply change the defending army.
that really would be crazy

more advanced than the worst possible unit from the previous era
No I mean as in catch up with the unit's age I am having trouble killing

Status
Not open for further replies.