• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Remember Me checkbox does not persist between sessions

DeletedUser109874

This refers to the game, not the forums.

Ever since the infrastructure change to redirect to en0.forgeofempires from en.forgeofempires on login, my login has been flaky. I would have to go back to en.forgeofempires to be automatically logged in again.

Now I have accidentally pressed the logout button and even visiting en.forgeofempires does not log me back in. I have to retype my username and password every time.

Has anyone else encountered this and found a workaround?

rjs66

Lieutenant
does your browser have "clear cache and cookies at end of session" type setting turned on ?

DeletedUser106014

I have the same issue, it has been ongoing for some time, and no, I don't have "clear cache and cookies at end of session" turned on

DeletedUser9168

I have this issue too - and it occurs more on this EN server than the US one, which has a different logging in page. I find this strange, considering it is the same game!

DeletedUser100065

do you have the en0.forgeofempires saved as a bookmark or the old en.forgeofempires. If you go to en.forge you get redirected which is why the login wouldn't be remembered.

DeletedUser9168

do you have the en0.forgeofempires saved as a bookmark or the old en.forgeofempires. If you go to en.forge you get redirected which is why the login wouldn't be remembered.
You're a star, megatonno. I did have the old sites bookmarked - I have replaced them with the new sites so will see what happens from now on.
thanks

DeletedUser106014

changed the sites but that did not resolve the problem. Also have the same issue on the zz1 server