• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Reform the Virgo Project

Agent327

Overlord
GB's that give out diamonds is not that far out of an idea. Inno games has three GB's that give a chance to give diamonds.

Chateau Frontenac
Himeji Castle
Seed Vault

Giving a chance to give diamonds is something different than giving diamonds.

Chateau does not even give a chance, so you are wrong.

As for the Virgo Project there are two possible modifications that could make it better without making it too overpowered.

Non FP route.

I have never seen a Virgo project in the top players of my server. I have discussed the Virgo Project with them about the virgo project and they have expressed the % chance is fair. The major issue is the amount of times they can use it. It is too low for the amount of FP's it requires and the benefits are very limited.

If it had a similar amount of attempts to the kraken it would be interesting. To make it balanced the coins would need to go entirely, the amount of units it effects, and it would only work in GE and CPU's.

I have never seen a Colosseum in the top players of my server. How are we going to change that?

FP route

FP's instead of coins is not a far out idea. Look at the Kraken it gives FP's and has a very high chance of eliminating 1 unit before the battle starts and it can effect players and computers alike. If the Virgo Project went down the FP route it should be 0.8 and the missile launch should only affect two units instead of four. Percentages and amounts of times could go up a bit but does not need to be crazy.

That might work with the Colosseum as well, but what about Notre Dame, or the Space Needle?

An excellent point. We do have diamond giving GBs. Within that there are reasonable expectations though. Low hit rate (1%), small amount (50) and scarce release among the GBs

No we don't. We have GB's that give you a chance at getting diamonds. GB's themselves do not give diamonds.

Emberguard

Legend
I have never seen a Colosseum in the top players of my server. How are we going to change that?
By convincing Agent to power lvl a colosseum on his server :D

That’s really all that’d need to be done for any GB Virgo included if the goal is have a top player have one, convince someone to build it. Though how would be another matter

No we don't. We have GB's that give you a chance at getting diamonds. GB's themselves do not give diamonds.
ok

DeletedUser9756

Chateau increases the amount of diamonds when you complete a recurring quest. Yes it only works once but it still counts. Therefore chateau does give you diamonds by chance.

According to the forge of empires wiki the chance of getting diamonds is 1%.

But we are getting off track.

Not all GB's need to have FP's that is why I have posted a non FP alternative. The amount of times just need to be increased and it would be an interesting GB to build. As I said earlier the Virgo Project is a very creative GB it just needs modification.

Perhaps agent could suggest reforms to the Colosseum, Space Needle and Notre Dame as those GB's could be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Chateau increases the amount of diamonds when you complete a recurring quest. Yes it only works once but it still counts. Therefore chateau does give you diamonds by chance.

Quests, not only recurring quests, give you a chance at diamonds. Chateau does nothing about that chance. It increases the total when it happens, but without a Chateau you still have the same chance.

According to the forge of empires wiki the chance of getting diamonds is 1%.

Not when it comes to quests. At some quests the chance is 100%

Not all GB's need to have FP's that is why I have posted a non FP alternative. The amount of times just need to be increased and it would be an interesting GB to build. As I said earlier the Virgo Project is a very creative GB it just needs modification.

So are many other GB's. How come you do not care about those?

Perhaps agent could suggest reforms to the Colosseum, Space Needle and Notre Dame as those GB's could be better.

I am accepting them the way they are. You are not, so I am looking forward to your other improvements.

DeletedUser9756

You are correct there are quests that have 100% chance of diamonds. However when you reach a certain point in the game recurring quests appear in your city. Some examples include Beautify the City, Extra Research, Fnord, Unbirthday Party, The Spink. Just to name a few loop quests there rewards are random. In the random reward there are several possibilities.

Random Rewards

Random Blueprint
Medium Forge Points
Current Era Goods
Medals
Small Coins
Large Coins
Small Supplies
Large Supplies
Diamonds(one time per recurring quest)

Colosseum is ok for beginners easy to build and the medals are fine for lower ages. It becomes obsolete in the HMA. Maybe more medals or make the GB smaller.

Notre Dame was fine in the past the happiness actually made it a consideration to build. Maybe modifications could be made but I have no concrete points of reform.

Space Needle could be modified maybe instead of coins it could give something similar to St Marks. Happiness and coin boost would be proportional to the age.

Agent327

Overlord
You are correct there are quests that have 100% chance of diamonds. However when you reach a certain point in the game recurring quests appear in your city. Some examples include Beautify the City, Extra Research, Fnord, Unbirthday Party, The Spink. Just to name a few loop quests there rewards are random. In the random reward there are several possibilities.

Random Rewards

Random Blueprint
Medium Forge Points
Current Era Goods
Medals
Small Coins
Large Coins
Small Supplies
Large Supplies
Diamonds(one time per recurring quest)

They do??? That must be totally amazing!!!

Colosseum is ok for beginners easy to build and the medals are fine for lower ages. It becomes obsolete in the HMA. Maybe more medals or make the GB smaller.

It became obsolte even for beginners the moment Victory Towers were introduced.

Notre Dame was fine in the past the happiness actually made it a consideration to build. Maybe modifications could be made but I have no concrete points of reform.

Maybe for you. fp's used on it would be a total waste and could better have been used on Hagia.

Space Needle could be modified maybe instead of coins it could give something similar to St Marks. Happiness and coin boost would be proportional to the age.

Smart idea. What people absolutely need because of the shortage is coins.

You are doing great so far.

DeletedUser9756

Oh it is chateau is the second best GB in the game. You should check out FoE hints on youtube does a really good job explaining game concepts, game events and GB's in general.

For Colosseum victory towers does make it obsolete. Fun fact when you have an arc/chateau combo makes victory towers obsolete too. Not sure at this point how I would modify the Colosseum as I want to consult people on suggestions. Plus the added challenge of making proportional to the Iron age. Colosseum in 2012 was actually worth building especially if you were in the iron age. Now it is better to pay FP for goods to build an arc and chateau. You will make more medals this way than with any GB.

Notre Dame used to be something worth building in 2012. Happiness was harder to obtain in the past making it ok to build. Perhaps if the Notre Dame gave out tavern silver boost and supplies that would make it an ok building. Agree that Hagia is far better than Notre Dame.

Space Needle would be cool if it had st marks properties. Even a coin boost that also gives x amount of coins every 24 hours would be cool.

As for the Virgo Project I would like to hear suggestions how it could be better without making it overpowered. So far for suggestions I have FP (ratio of FP not sure of) instead of coins and reduction in units it affects(2 instead of 4). The second suggestion is simply increase the amount of times it could be used with a percentage increase.

Emberguard

Legend
My suggestion is make it Age based changes. ‘Cause right now? It’s already overpowered for the lower ages. It closer to SAM? That’d have more room to move

Galladhorn

Monarch
A few thoughs for reforming the Virgo Project.
I know it might spur some debate since some of this has been proposed and debated many times, still with the new GB and the feature it gives some things could change – question is if it would be better or not?.

01) Change the City Defence algorithm to and algorithm similar to one used on the Continent Maps. (It does not favor the use of 1/7 Rogue play)
– Then make the Virgo Project work on PvP.

02) In addition change the (secondary) skill of the Star Gazer GB to give a chance having a 2nd defence line, when your city is attacked. (Stats up for debate)
– The Secondary City Defence line can be added in the Army Selection window (there is enough space for it as side tap under the main selection) or it could work based on the defence setup already made by the player.

Overall this would be a drastical change to the current PvP play, but perhaps a much more fair one. Yes it will require some pointwise adjustments, since it might mean less wins but in general it will be the same for all players – The main change will be that you actually have to play better to win in PvP.
Players will keep their ATK/DEF stas regardless so those already having advantages will still have these advantages, except that they might meet a secondary defence line and that the hood can not be run over as fast as it currently can. I am sure this will not be to many top players liking, but just consider that the fight might be better overall and winning the 1st spot in the PvP will be as beneficial pointwise as it is now.

Anyway it is a bit late in the evening and perhaps I am not thinking clearly havning overseen some essnetials to this
– As said this is just a few thoguths on it and not finite idea proposal.
Goodnight ;)

Agent327

Overlord
01) Inno has made cler several times they can not do that. Suggesting it again and again will not change that.

02) Nothing wrong with more defence, but changing a GB on the live worlds is not an option.

Galladhorn

Monarch
01) Inno has made cler several times they can not do that. Suggesting it again and again will not change that.

02) Nothing wrong with more defence, but changing a GB on the live worlds is not an option.

True enough Agent, but please recall when they also stated that they would never take FoE into space and then 1.5 years later they did.
I know the topic has been up many times and I do not hold much hope for it as such, so I totally get your point. But we must also recognize that these new Mars Era GB´s has not had a much celebrated introduction. If there ever should be a just slight window to change/nerf them then it would be now – The highest Virgo I have seen so far is at level 12 – I am sure if they really wanted to change them they would find a compensation of sorts – like back then when they changed the rankings issue and people got the Bronze, Silver and Gold "Swords" – I am sure you remember more precisely what it was.

Or as an alternative the next option to make a major change to e.g PvP would be with the next GVG (GE) type – I have not had much time to follow it, but I am guessing that it might become a reality at some point, but that surely will be too late for changing the two new GBs.

Anyways Goodnight on more time ;D

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

02) In addition change the (secondary) skill of the Star Gazer GB to give a chance having a 2nd defence line, when your city is attacked. (Stats up for debate)
why not simply
it gets Virgo for defenders
x amounts of killing half of the attackers army for y times

or is the 2nd defence line hidden (then it would be fun) ?
the attacker only sees it if he has won against the first line

because if he knows there will be 2nd line before he fights the first he will simply retreat with 0 losses

Agent327

Overlord
True enough Agent, but please recall when they also stated that they would never take FoE into space and then 1.5 years later they did.

Difference is that they have always been able to take FoE into space, or wherever they want. They are not able to change the AI. It's similar to bringing GvG to the app. They just can't do it.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Difference is that they have always been able to take FoE into space, or wherever they want. They are not able to change the AI. It's similar to bringing GvG to the app. They just can't do it.

Has that been the main reason why they never changed the Algorithm of the PvP?
I mean it is programming – it is an algorithm and they already have one that works on the Continent maps - You Attack a sector, the map sizes are more or less the same, the Algorithm does what it is programmed to do.

Yea the GvG proposes a larger challenge, certainly not an easy task to get that to work on mobile, though some other games have even more complex multiplayer systems on mobile like eg. the GOT Mobile Game.

I really want to like the Virgo Project, it's a very cool concept and looks great (plus who doesn't want controls to launch a missile from your city?), but it really is a wasted opportunity as is.

Here's my idea for revamping VP:

Ability 1: Launch a missle X times per day on any enemy sector of GbG surrounding a sector you own (adjacent or diagonal). The missle has a X% chance of reducing all enemy advancement on targeted sector by 15%.

Ability 2: Produce X diamonds every 48 hours.

This will turn VP into a teamwork-based and guild encouraged GB (like Arc/Obs) and is not too overpowered if the percentages are kept relatively low. It help you potentially get more fights/fp per sector and would create some interesting scenarios and strategies for GbG.

The secondary ability of producing 1-5 diamonds every 2 days (keep this number low) is still encouragement enough to reward the owner for helping his team in GbG. The 48 hour collection timer will prevent missle fights from being spammed.

I'm sure this idea can be fine tuned, but it's a start.

Powe

Brigadier-General
I really want to like the Virgo Project, it's a very cool concept and looks great (plus who doesn't want controls to launch a missile from your city?), but it really is a wasted opportunity as is.

Ability 1: Launch a missle X times per day on any enemy sector of GbG surrounding a sector you own (adjacent or diagonal). The missle has a X% chance of reducing all enemy advancement on targeted sector by 15%.

This will turn VP into a teamwork-based and guild encouraged GB (like Arc/Obs) and is not too overpowered if the percentages are kept relatively low. It help you potentially get more fights/fp per sector and would create some interesting scenarios and strategies for GbG.

The secondary ability of producing 1-5 diamonds every 2 days (keep this number low) is still encouragement enough to reward the owner for helping his team in GbG. The 48 hour collection timer will prevent missle fights from being spammed.

You know you just necroed a 21 month old thread, right?

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant

That is a just a too radical change regarding the Virgo Project for it to be implemented.
It is as it is, only thing that might be done with Virgo Project is tuning numbers up a bit, that's all.

You know you just necroed a 21 month old thread, right?

Haha yeah, this is all new to me and from what I see, no changes to Virgo, so was worth throwing it out there.

That is a just a too radical change regarding the Virgo Project for it to be implemented.
It is as it is, only thing that might be done with Virgo Project is tuning numbers up a bit, that's all.

Fair enough, I see your point, it could be quite a stretch considering it would essentially change the way GbG is played.