• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Social Interactions] Reform the Friends List

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser110286

This really gets annoying when you can have 141 but you can't invite after 80. Its pointless. +1 here.

DeletedUser110385

+1 all you see all day long on the global chat is"can't invite but accepting friend request
neutral leaning toward +1 on rearrange / pinning.

DeletedUser6065

-1 as suggested, this is not a solution to the current problem. Guild members should have access to Tavern w/out needing Friend status. The notion of 'Guild' should presuppose this, I would think. Increasing the Friend List will only allow more Guild members to join, further reducing your trade/blueprint pool to gain these items. You have not solved any problem only made the current one larger.

Access for Guild members to tavern as Guild Members, then let's discuss lengthening the Friend List.
. . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110179

Winning a friend invite on the GE (maybe lvl 3) would be a nice way to update the friends list on a lifelong basis.

It seems deplorable that you have to delete 60 or more players just to include one new friend (if you have the 140 max). Winning a friend invite would allow you to be pro-active in choosing your friends ... rather than merely responding to incoming requests.

I would rather keep the small players who need a little help from their friends ♫

It's all good
Bridgeman55

DeletedUser110195

+1 to increasing the cap, I'd say increase it to 160(10 full tables a day on a maxed out table)
I wouldn't be against pinning, but the icon would have to go somewhere else, or make it a click option, where you suggested is where the tavern button is.

Invites
The invitation limit of 80 is fine, even the total of 140 is fine. What is not fine, is that if you want to add a new invite but have 95 on your list, you have to remove 16 of them to be able to invite the one even though 30 of your friends might have made the approach to you.

The only way around this, though, is for the system to track which friend you invited and which friend invited you - data I don't suppose is currently being stored. If that data is stored (even if not available historically) then it would be possible in the above scenario to invite another friend, because you will have only invited 64 of your 80-invite limit.

As an optional enhancement, the rules could be changed such that, of 140 possible friends, 75 may be invited, 55 may invite you, and 10 can be either. This does a number of things:
  1. It would leave the possibility that you still have the difficulty in having to clear out some friends just to be abke to invite one more.
  2. A new element of strategy is introduced, as people try to make sure they have 65 invites, not just 55, keeping their list flexible.
  3. If, as I presume, there is no current data on whom invited who (or should that be 'who invited whom'?) then all historical friends can be put into the 'either' category and rules applied forward, limiting the 'either' to a maximum of 10.

Pinning
Pinning has limitations: you pin six but then want another friend in 2nd position, your only option would be to unpin five, pin the new one, then hunt for and repin the five you unpinned.

Rather than pinning, I would opt for drag-and-drop to put friends in the order you want. The position would have to be initially placed in order of appointment (less useful than the current ranking) but could then be moved into any order you like. Even easier would be a full-screen showing many lines of friends, making moving them about much simpler.

DeletedUser105579

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar's_number do skim this
-1 to Increasing the friends list size
+1 to remove the 80 friend invite cap
+1 to allow pinning
I see no point in increasing the amount of friends to the friends list. That will end up in a never ending cycle. Guildmates should be able to access the tavern without having to become friends with other guildmates (very counterintuitive, the way it currently is)

DeletedUser111502

+1

Totally agree that the friends list needs to be reformed. To only be able to invite 80 friends is making the game experience a poor one. One simple change such as this could make a lot of players very happy indeed.

This has nothing to do with making the game easier or anything like that, simply enhancing the user's game experience by removing this unnecessary hurdle. There's just no need for it.

FP swaps and goods swaps etc are being blocked by the restrictions.

DeletedUser6065

Again, I say - Get the Guild Members off the friends list. This will go a long way to solving this problem.
Where are the Dev's heads??
. . . mk

DeletedUser110179

Get the Guild Members off the friends list.
You don't need to accept guild members as friends (which would effectively increase your total aiding population) ... but I find the guildmates who are also friends become more like family than "people you work with at the office".

DeletedUser103370

You don't need to accept guild members as friends (which would effectively increase your total aiding population) ... but I find the guildmates who are also friends become more like family than "people you work with at the office".

True, but that at least they should not count towards the friend cap!

Status
Not open for further replies.