• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: [Social Interactions] Reform the Friends List

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97688

The current friends list system works like this: a player can have up to 140 friends, but can only invite 80, and the ability to invite stops at 80 friends regardless of whether all 80 actually have been invited by the player, rather than the player accepting an invite from them. This, I think, is complicated and certainly much more so than it needs be. (If anyone has doubts about the accuracy of my description, I recieved a reply from a support ticket which states exactly this.)

I would rather see a list that can accomodate up to 200 friends, with the ability to invite being applied to all of these. (Perhaps 200 is too many, perhaps 150 would be more preferable.) This would allow the game to be played with a greater interaction between players, and would allow for a more community-minded gameplay.

I would also propose to implement the ability for "pinning" friends at the start of the list. Where the crossed swords icon in the neighbournhood is, there is a gap in the friends list. I would place an icon of a drawing pin here, which, when players clicked it, would "pin" that friend to the start of the list, regardless of the amount of points. This would make it easier to find certain friends for GBs or aiding.

Please let me know what you think.

DeletedUser103052

This is the first I've heard of the 140 friends but 80 invites.

But a huge +1 to the pinning idea, it's annoying to memorise and search through all your friends for the odd couple that you have regular swaps with.

DeletedUser100065

I'm torn on this idea so will stay neutral for now. I like the idea of pinning friends so that they are easier to find on the list. I also think that the ability to send friends invites needn't be restricted to 79 as is the case now (80 on list is yourself). But i like the limit of total friends as it is it adds a bit of thought into your friendslists and means you have to pick more carefully who you keep and who you don't.

DeletedUser97688

I'm torn on this idea so will stay neutral for now. I like the idea of pinning friends so that they are easier to find on the list. I also think that the ability to send friends invites needn't be restricted to 79 as is the case now (80 on list is yourself). But i like the limit of total friends as it is it adds a bit of thought into your friendslists and means you have to pick more carefully who you keep and who you don't.

Expanding the limit was just a suggestion - but I absolutely agree, there needs to be some sort of limit. I suggest 150 friends as a limit.

DeletedUser15372

+1 to being able to send an invite to more than 80 friends and up to 150.
+1 to be able to rearrange the order of friends in the list.

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
i doubt the the devs would increase the invitation limit from 80 as i believe they view this as a part of challenge in the game?

i like the idea though so a +1 from me

DeletedUser99692

+ 1 to taking the cap off of who you can invite not necessarily on the amount. Wish there was some way to filier out invites from complete strangers though.

DeletedUser

+1
Need to get this bumped, as NOBODY can invite anymore :lol: I'm cool with a limit on the amount of friends a player can have, even with it remaining at 140, but this limit on extending invites seems to have NO basis in reason and it never did. Let us invite who we want up until the limit, for goodness sake!

DeletedUser653

+1 to being able to send an invite to more than 80 friends and up to 140 or even 150.
+1 to be able to rearrange the order of friends in the list and pin certain players to the front of the queue

DeletedUser109966

It must be reformed... I can't have any interactions with another player's city now without first removing 60 Friends?!?.... It's a ridiculous situation with no logic... the invites and the limit should be the same whatever limit they cap it on...

DeletedUser108379

I have just left a guild, and had to end long going FP changes because neither part could sent an invite anymore. It is just annoying as it is now.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.