• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Reduce the city defence of players who attack you

Is this an ok idea?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters

DeletedUser113125

Proposal:
A new ability that means after you are attacked you have 24 hours to attack the player back with them having reduced city defence army stats.

Reason:
There are players who get frustrated because they are plundered. Reading the discussions, and ideas pages, common complaints are about players who have camped in an age and have high stats so easily defeat defence armies, but their own defence is too strong. There have been proposals to opt out of PvP or stop plundering but it is part of FOE and I don’t think these options improve the game. Something that might make it a more level playing field might help those who are struggling with getting plundered and give them a chance to reciprocate. This doesn’t remove plundering, and the best defence would still be to collect on time, but might empower players who are lower ranked in the neighbourhood. Not all players who attack plunder, but I think it is more straight forward to go on attacks. Also, if the initial attacker collects on time then there is no guarantee to plunder them back; therefore this still allows some control of the situation.

Details:
A new GB called Broch of Mousa (Scottish Iron Age round tower). It would give coins and the ability ‘Breach’. Breach would lower the city defence army’s attack and defence by a percentage. The higher the level the higher the percentage. It would work for x number of fights.
Such as level 1 would give coins, 10% reduction in DA stats for 4 fights and level 10 would give coins and 30% reduction in DA stats for 5 fights (fight numbers similar to HC).

Visual Aids:
Mousa_Broch_20080821_02.jpg

Taken from Wikipedia, author Otter,
wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Mousa_Broch_20080821_02.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

Balance:
It would be an Iron Age building as that’s when PvP is unlocked. High age / rank players won’t need the coins but might want it for Breach. I don’t think it will unbalance anything in the game. Players can still use city shield and defence boosts to compensate if needed. If you don’t attack others then you won’t be affected by this GB against your city.

Abuse Prevention:
I don’t see how you could abuse Breach, rather it would be playing tactically, such as you could plunder a bunch of players then put up city shield.

Summary:
A new GB that helps you attack players who have attacked you by reducing their city defenders stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113125

i'd put it in no age category with low era goods needed to build it
I understand what you say however I think it would be difficult to get bps then. It’s hard getting a full set of Obs prints if your guild doesn’t help you. Oracle the game gives you the bps and TOR you will get from GE.

Agent327

Overlord
Stupid idea. Like city defense is really that good that it has to be lowered.

Your reasoning does not make sense at all. Campers can get this GB as well and have way better resources than the players you are trying to help.

And something else

Ther already is a new GB on betra that cuts your defence in half. That makes this GB totally useless.

DeletedUser113125

Stupid idea. Like city defense is really that good that it has to be lowered.

Your reasoning does not make sense at all. Campers can get this GB as well and have way better resources than the players you are trying to help.

And something else

Ther already is a new GB on betra that cuts your defence in half. That makes this GB totally useless.
It’s not quite the same and Iron Age players might not have access to high age goods and bps. It’s just an idea, sometimes my ideas are stupid but it’s worth discussing as I know players who want something to change as they are bothered by plundering. :)

Agent327

Overlord
It’s not quite the same and Iron Age players might not have access to high age goods and bps. It’s just an idea, sometimes my ideas are stupid but it’s worth discussing as I know players who want something to change as they are bothered by plundering. :)

Iron Age players do not have access to high age goods. Iron Age campers have.

Nothing worth to discuss here. You fail to see the bigger picture.

DeletedUser113125

Iron Age players do not have access to high age goods. Iron Age campers have.

Nothing worth to discuss here. You fail to see the bigger picture.
I agree with you in part. I have found that usually campers are less bothered about being plundered; they should have plenty of goods etc... Reducing a city defence by 20% when it is 200 is more significant than the reduction when it is 50; therefore it will have more of an impact on players with stronger cities. This proposed GB is not aimed at campers; I agree with you that they will go for high age GBs such as the one you alluded too. I do think I’ve missed your reasons why low age players won’t want this building but I’m happy for you to set it out so I can refine my idea.

DeletedUser113901

The main issue I can see is lowering def is not very useful because... Well
0-0,3*0=0
It is almost impossible to build up a suitable def. You can make it more expensive for the atker but not stop him/her.

DeletedUser108359

Not more coins please, im nowhere near being a big player and even i have hundreds of millions of coins, supplies would be much better.

Also at a time when many, many players are asking for better or another defense Gb, i think the chances that this will work are very much zero.
My reason is very simple, this Gb will be available to everyone, ( naturally ) to make it viable for the players you are aiming at, it will need to be cheap and easy to get.
But , and here is the main problem, as i see it. It will not help them because the bigger players wont be worried about it, and if the smaller player attacks back, the bigger player now has the boost from the Gb for themself and it will be even easier for them to beat the smaller player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113125

The main issue I can see is lowering def is not very useful because... Well
0-0,3*0=0
It is almost impossible to build up a suitable def. You can make it more expensive for the atker but not stop him/her.
You are right I think.

DeletedUser108359

It’s just an idea, sometimes my ideas are stupid

When the Wright brother's tried to fly, people said they were stupid, crazy, unrealistic.same thing about Einstein, Galileo Galilei, and the list goes on
Many, many people during the ages who were laughed at ,ridiculed even persecuted because of their ideas. And today, they are hailed as geniuses, people of wisdom and foresight.
Without ideas the world would have stayed in the stone ages, yes some people might say your ideas are stupid and unrealistic, ( some might even tell you why they think that, other's wont bother ) but if you dont speak of your ideas, then thats all they will ever be, nothing more.

Agent327

Overlord
I do think I’ve missed your reasons why low age players won’t want this building but I’m happy for you to set it out so I can refine my idea.

It isn't about who wants it. It is about understanding how it works. A ritual flame adds 8% to your BASIC defence. Your 30% can be countered with 4 ritual flames. You are trying to sell baked air.

DeletedUser113125

It isn't about who wants it. It is about understanding how it works. A ritual flame adds 8% to your BASIC defence. Your 30% can be countered with 4 ritual flames. You are trying to sell baked air.
Oh! I meant loss total defence not percentage boost.
So 30% of 210% boost takes it to 140% not 180%. I did not make it clear.

DeletedUser6065

There are already too many of the Great Pukers as it is.
How about un-nerfing Zeus/Aachen/Monte instead?

DeletedUser113125

5% every level, 50% at 10. The def GBs gave 10% on def def only every level, 100% at 10.
But that made map and GvG too easy. Now it would make GE so easy one wouldn't ever negociate.
Thank you! Interesting.

DeletedUser114342

I voted no for your idea because you are negating the fact that it takes time and effort to build city defence to a high level. If your GB were to be built, then why bother with having a city defence. The new SAM GB also brings up this question for consideration.

If new players are so worried about getting plundered they have heaps of strategies to manage this. The best one is to collect on time. Also, being plundered in the beginning was how I learnt to use strategies that best suit my gameplay to prevent being plundered.