• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Red Table Cloth (and other colours)

DeletedUser109966

I'm curious... are other players getting the correct FP drop rates on tablecloths??... I have over 100 active red tablecloths among my friends list... so I should be getting on average about 8fp's a day... and I not even getting close... even on my best day I've never received 8... and I have a voice in my head that keeps querying whether the INNO randomiser is playing fair?

and before some are tempted to say it... no, the little voice is not because I'm schizophrenic... and neither am I....

Nymegan

Private
Seems to be ok for me. I have 80+ friends but probably only 20 with red table cloths, I seem to average 3-5 Fps a day based on those numbers. However, from time to time I have runs of bad luck & good! I think it just takes time to average out.

DeletedUser110295

i have noticed the % does appear to be lower. have to actually make some records and prove over a sufficiently large sample size it was statistically significantly different from advertised % though :p. bound to be a certain bias where we remember the days we don't get 8% and forget the days we get more :)

DeletedUser110131

To me, it seems about right. Besides, if they were going to fiddle with it, it would be more likely to be in our favor; giving us slightly better results than we expect, and we'll play more. Feeling lucky, we'll take more risks, including in event mini-games, and perhaps even buy chances.

a certain bias where we remember the days we don't get 8% and forget the days we get more
Your problem there is that you're suffering from optimism, a terrible condition that leads to continuous disappointment. Become a pessimist, and your bias will turn to the opposite: You'll expect things to go wrong, and remember the shock when they go well.

DeletedUser110131

I've had the same thing happen.

The "mistake" will have been made by the client (your device), in it's communication with the server. For some reason, it believed it had received two FPs (or, rather, one FP twice). This is a good example of why there are no simple hacks for this type of game: It doesn't matter what happens on your computer. If the client thinks it has 10 FPs, that's irrelevant; all that matters is how many FPs the server has calculated that you should have.

For diamonds, I'm sure the communications protocol between server and client are much more thorough, ensuring against this type of mistake. Since players actually pay for diamonds, there's potentially a criminal liability for Inno, should things go wrong. FPs, on the other hand, are elements of the game, awarded for in-game reasons, at Inno's exclusive discretion. That allows them to balance the demand for reliability with the demand for speed. Reliable protocols are slower, and players are impatient.