• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: [Quests] Recurring Quests

DeletedUser107036

Proposal:
Make recurring quests selection from a single screen.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, here it is:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/something-about-repeat-quests.31738/
I am suggesting a little bit different solution, and also the previous suggestion is "dead" from months now.

Reason:
To avoid click through 5-10 another quests every time you want to do a certain quest. For example if you have 40 food printers and love to do "Produce five 24-hour productions", or if you want to donate 1000 FPs and want to complete "Spend 99 FPs" or "Spend 200 FPs"

Details:
When a player completes a quest, a screen with all available repeating quests should appear so he can choose with a single click which one to do next.

Visual Aids:
http://prnt.sc/db60rf

Balance:
N/A

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
I am sure this will make the game much more usable. Also I know players with high level Arcs who don't do quests anymore when donating FPs, because it is very time-consuming. Daily collections of supplies and coins will be much more pleasant as well.

DeletedUser98451

+1 the sooner the better

I'm currently aborting approx 700 recurring quests a day (10 cities) which when added up is a real chunk of what would otherwise be playing/fighting time, if i were to start using the tavern in more cities than the one i'm currently doing it there'd be little time left for anything else

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109385

Neutral, it's a good idea yet at the same time I feel like the idea might contain some abuse....that is what I think

DeletedUser109385

abuse ? how exactly ?
you click abort / yes , abort / yes, abort /yes until you get what you want
if you miss it you go round again until it appears

selecting from a list would save a lot of time and server traffic
I don't know what the abuse is exactly but like I said it's a good idea but I am not too sure if I can support it, recurring quests are supposed to give you a story to follow if I am correct

Vesiger

Monarch
recurring quests are supposed to give you a story to follow if I am correct
The storyline quests are non-recurring. You probably haven't come across recurring quests yet (it's only happened to me once); the game generates them if you hang around in your current Age for so long that you have already seen all the storyline quests for that Age.

DeletedUser109385

You probably haven't come across recurring quests yet (it's only happened to me once); the game generates them if you hang around in your current Age for so long that you have already seen all the storyline quests for that Age.
Oh those quests! Yes I have come across them many times since I am hanging around the early middle ages for so long in East-Nagah!

Galladhorn

Monarch
The storyline quests are non-recurring. You probably haven't come across recurring quests yet (it's only happened to me once); the game generates them if you hang around in your current Age for so long that you have already seen all the storyline quests for that Age.

If you are at the end of the Tech Tree they keep coming up. Personally i hate the Gain +12.000 Happiness. Who gains that constantly even at the end of tech tree?. Yea i could use some of these many flavor aboors stacking in the inventory but still it is a bit lame quest - there is plenty of other stuff to use time on.

Neutral on idea.

- Do not see the issue as a big problem.
- Would be nice to have the choice, on the other hand a bit contra on the normal idea of the questline.

DeletedUser6974

a huge +1 !!! as it is now it takes me 420 clicks to cycle through the "collect coins", collect supplies" and "spend forge points" quests every time i collect my city. how much more boring could a game be made?? and why the worthless quests like "build 4 decorations" as a daily quest? or the gain happiness as a quest? they expect us to sell and build culture and decorations daily to meet these quest? poor game design!

i have asked for a solution to this numerous times ever since i started playing this game, very simple solution, all they need to do is have a pop-up menu for recurring quests and simply click on the one you want to use at the time.... so simple

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
a huge +1 !!! as it is now it takes me 420 clicks to cycle through the "collect coins", collect supplies" and "spend forge points" quests every time i collect my city. how much more boring could a game be made?? and why the worthless quests like "build 4 decorations" as a daily quest? or the gain happiness as a quest? they expect us to sell and build culture and decorations daily to meet these quest? poor game design!

i have asked for a solution to this numerous times ever since i started playing this game, very simple solution, all they need to do is have a pop-up menu for recurring quests and simply click on the one you want to use at the time.... so simple
the 4 decorations quest is actually not bad for people low on resourses. but the happiness is waste of time, i doubt anyone will ever do it

DeletedUser109785

everybody who wants the free diamonds does it :lol:
guys, do you know when this recurring quests start? i could not find any info on the wiki and as I am not progressing in the tree, i'd like to earn some free diamonds (woohoo). but i do not know which is the shortest path to access these quests. Or, if it worths to use some of my packs to complete all current quests. If i need to complete only side quests for instance, I will complete them only, not the main story quest etc. Any info will be much appreciated.

DeletedUser17180

definitely a +1

Visually though, having them aligned with 1 quest per row would be better and more intuitive.