• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Recources in Forge of Empires

DeletedUser

Do you have more supplies than coins or more coins than supplies and need more ? I think this is the desicion:

There should be a way to exchange coins for supplies or supplies for coins. For example depending on the ratio of coins and supplies if the coins are 2 times more than the supplies, then 1 supply will cost 2 coins and the opposite situation.Why not exchange for diamonds ? Because this may destroy the game's economy, but if it is possible this will be good , because for example I need only 5 diamonds to get a blueprint , but I cant buy or earn them.

DeletedUser15432

The idea of the game with regards to resources is to make you plan your production so that you have adequate coins/supplies for your needs, this idea (unformated) totally negates that aspect of the game, therefore a -1 from me with regards to this idea

DeletedUser5180

Do you have more supplies than coins or more coins than supplies and need more ? I think this is the desicion:

There should be a way to exchange coins for supplies or supplies for coins. For example depending on the ratio of coins and supplies if the coins are 2 times more than the supplies, then 1 supply will cost 2 coins and the opposite situation.Why not exchange for diamonds ? Because this may destroy the game's economy, but if it is possible this will be good , because for example I need only 5 diamonds to get a blueprint , but I cant buy or earn them.

firstly.............a major part of the game is striking a balance in your city to maximise the space you have with what you need. supply buildings use up valuable space but more importantly use population.

if you could use coins to 'buy' supplies (forget the ratio, thats not important) then you would save city space and population by not needing supply buildings. That space could then be used for extra military buildings or goods buildings

the whole balance of the game would be destroyed

a massive -1

secondly......... please tell me where you get your blueprints for only 5 diamonds as i'd love a piece of that

lastly.............. please use the template for new ideas

DeletedUser2989

Exchanging coins for supplies or supplies for coins is something that falls under the "Do Not Suggest" category, even exchanging them for diamonds would count.

because for example I need only 5 diamonds to get a blueprint , but I cant buy or earn them.

You can earn small amounts of diamonds via the "purchase diamonds" window by clicking on the "Earn your Diamonds" button and completing the tasks there (surveys, watching ads, etc). Alternatively there are fairly regular events that can give out diamonds or wishing wells which on occasion give out diamonds (then there are also the diamonds given out as a part of the main quests and some side quests and some continent map sectors...). There might be more ways to gain them without paying but I think I've covered most of them there. If you have any question's about the best way to gain small amounts of diamonds I'd suggest asking in the question section as you'll get some good advice. :)

As for this idea I'll need to tag and close this as it won't be forwarded to the devs.