• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Reconstruction Tool

• Thread starter DeletedUser112909
  • Start date

DeletedUser112909

Hi, the new tool is great but would be much better if you could delete within it. Recently rebuilt City within it, only to find I had to delete some road. Had to leave , delete and start again. It would be even better if you could build within it

Shad23

Emperor
yea well those are the problems players on beta talked about when it came out so i guess it will take a while befor they implement that if comments from beta players were not enough for them to add those 2 functions to reconstruction mode

DeletedUser112909

No doubt true but the more feedback they get, the better ;)

Shad23

Emperor
might be good to add this to idea section hopefully feedback from normal servers will be enough for them to decide to implement it

Galladhorn

Monarch
What you describe is easy solvable with the tools available

In Reconstruction mode: Remove something like a GB.
Place the stuff you need to delete, Press [X] Delete Function and Delete it.
Press back to Reconstruction Mode and Replace the Stuff.

You can switch back between the 3 modes availabe when in Reconstruction Mode:
Reconstruction Mode, Move and Delete

Did you know that at some point in early FoE Days you could not even swap buildings,
– everything had to planned else it would cost you.

DeletedUser113901

The only thing I want to see in reconstruction mode that's not yet there is blue building move ( like in @Galladhorn's signature).

DeletedUser99588

Worked fine for me and thank you to the devs that worked on it. Great job!!!!

DeletedUser

It's a start of something potentially good, but it needs some improvement, the ability to delete items whilst reconstructing is a must, I spent 2 hrs yesterday redesigning my whole city, only to find I needed to loose some of my roads, so I could not complete my design as I had to hit revert, which please me loads. Not.

DeletedUser99588

Use city planner first. Then you know what stuff to delete before you start recon mode. Not saying a delete function in recon mode wouldn't be a good addition but in the interim that worked well for me.

DeletedUser114563

It's a start of something potentially good, but it needs some improvement, the ability to delete items whilst reconstructing is a must, I spent 2 hrs yesterday redesigning my whole city, only to find I needed to loose some of my roads, so I could not complete my design as I had to hit revert, which please me loads. Not.
I spent 8 hours the day it came out, the first time stored everything and rebuilt the whole town only to find that I ran out of space to put everything back. Had to revert twice, eventually did it in small portions at the time and landed saving a nice bit of space and getting rid of a lot of not needed dual roads.

DeletedUser112745

find that I ran out of space to put everything back.
For those that have this issue, or to avoid this issue, it’s a good idea, in my opinion, to use the external City Planner tool alongside the internal reconstruction tool, to plan where everything can go before you reconstruct. :)

https://foemanager.com/city-planner/ - the site currently requires you to use a computer browser as it is Flash Player based (mobile devices do not support Flash Player).
Note: FoeManager is an unofficial 3rd party site, and is not directly affiliated with InnoGames.

DeletedUser114563

For those that have this issue, or to avoid this issue, it’s a good idea, in my opinion, to use the external City Planner tool alongside the internal reconstruction tool, to plan where everything can go before you reconstruct. :)

https://foemanager.com/city-planner/ - the site currently requires you to use a computer browser as it is Flash Player based (mobile devices do not support Flash Player).
Note: FoeManager is an unofficial 3rd party site, and is not directly affiliated with InnoGames.
I didn't run of space at the end but had more space then when I started :)