• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Reconstructing my empire

Forwandert

Major-General
Minimise the amount of roads needed, when you finish (if using reconstruction mode) ensure you put roads where needed or you'll have a disconnection issue. Any buildings that dont require a connection at all can fill the gaps here and there.

Its a hard question to answer really as some go for aesthetics, Some for uniform repeat buildings and some just put anything anywhere.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Any tips for me to consider before I do a total reconstruct of my city
No idea what your city looks like, but for a reconstruct, best advice I can think of, is to ensure all your largest buildings (excluding Town Hall) are on the exterior edges of the city space, so you can reduce the space needed to useroads. Also, put your Town Hall in a central-like location, not in a corner, since your roads only need to touch the Town Hall, you can minimize wasted space by having multiple (even just 4 roads) connecting to each of the 4 directions.

Tripalms

Private
Is the aim to reduce the amount of unused space? Or anything else in particular?
The aim is to clear up more useable space for new development that requires two lane roads. I am also on the verge of moving in to the Arctic Future and wonder should I do the reconstruct before I go forward or wait until I eneter the new world