• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Recall Forge Points

DeletedUser14782

Proposal: Be able to take FPs out of unfinished researches.
Have I checked?: I did a bunch of searches, and I couldnt find anything.
Reason: In the past, I have accidentally added FPs to a reaserch bar I didn't want to add to. This can be very frustrating, especially if you have another reaserch bar you are working on.
Details: There would be a button that would say "Remove 1 point". This would then remove a Forge point from the selected reasearch bar. Even if you accidentally click this, you can still re-add the Forge Point to the reasearch bar. The remove button would only work if you have at least 1 FP gone from your FP bar (9 FP max). Also, this does not allow taking FPs out of GBs.
Visual Aids: None for now.
Abuse Prevention: None thought of.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Abuse potential HUGE as this would become a fp sink to save all your fps

DeletedUser14782

Sill, you could only take FPs out of unfinised reasearches. *Read edit*

DeletedUser7719

Improvement: have a limit of recalling 10fp's which has to go directly to your fp bar. (if you spend an 11th fp, the first fp will be void)

DeletedUser4089

It's been brought up before, and the answer was no.

Let's see, spending Forge Points on research is essentially paying your scientists to research a certain technology. if you spend 39/40 to research town houses, then last minute decided you'd rather have a doctor and want to research medicine, the 39FP of research you did towards building Town Houses would be of no value to your scientists researching medicine. it just doesn't make sense.

Another way to look at it, is each FP is one hour of research. If you give your scientists 39FP to take 39 hours researching Town Houses, you can't then rewind time and ask them to research Medicine with that time instead.

Also, it's an FP sink. FPs should be looked after and spent wisely.

DeletedUser106918

So this thread has been closed...

I don't think that the idea is bad. But not very necessary either.
There need to be some obvious restrictions, like locking the FP from technologies that have already been unlocked. After that, I don't see how this is making the game easier - let's be honest here, there's not much strategy in picking your technologies. The only situations where you'd ever have to make decisions are points like "do I rush butcher (IA) and skip earlier stuff like Militia?", where you take a path via multiple technologies - but this idea wouldn't touch this aspect at all, since after each technology your points are locked. So you can't decide halfway through "nah, I'll take a different path", since you'd only be able to revert a miniscule amount of FP, not the entire batch, removing this abuse case entirely.
The best you could ever get out of this idea is reallocating the FP worth of 4-5 days in ME+... and that's at a point where a difference of 5 days doesn't even matter anyways.

So... it's not in any way killing strategy or anything. It's just a bit of help in those cases where you notice after 15 FP that you could've done it differently. Or if you accidentally clicked on the wrong technology, possibly a goods building of some good you don't even have.

Which makes it an idea that has some minor upsides - compared to no downsides. Resulting in a nice-to-have, but not urgent feature.

Edit: Also add the restriction from the other thread. FP can only be moved between technologies, not moved from a technology to GBs.

DeletedUser14914

It's been brought up before, and the answer was no.

Let's see, spending Forge Points on research is essentially paying your scientists to research a certain technology. if you spend 39/40 to research town houses, then last minute decided you'd rather have a doctor and want to research medicine, the 39FP of research you did towards building Town Houses would be of no value to your scientists researching medicine. it just doesn't make sense.

Another way to look at it, is each FP is one hour of research. If you give your scientists 39FP to take 39 hours researching Town Houses, you can't then rewind time and ask them to research Medicine with that time instead.

Also, it's an FP sink. FPs should be looked after and spent wisely.

I think the point here is not " if you have 39/40 fp in a tech and want to take them back , its more about if you have a tech at 39/50 and accidentally plough 8 - 9 Fp into another tech that is / was sitting at 0 , you could then remove the 8 - 9 Fp that you accidentally placed into another tech and finish the one at 39/50 , I think its a great idea , +1 from me

DeletedUser653

-1 really not required and we have many many many more things more important

-1 --> Look before you leap or click.

Brings back memories of that other suggestion, let me think, oh yes: Are you sure you want to autobattle; click confirm. Are you Really sure you want to autobattle; click confirm again. Are you Really, Really sure you want to autobattle; click confirm one more time - uuh - AI says - what was it you wanted to do - LOL.

DeletedUser109385

-1 --> Look before you leap or click.

Brings back memories of that other suggestion, let me think, oh yes: Are you sure you want to autobattle; click confirm. Are you Really sure you want to autobattle; click confirm again. Are you Really, Really sure you want to autobattle; click confirm one more time - uuh - AI says - what was it you wanted to do - LOL.
I honestly think they should implent this and that idea as I cannot see the harm, they will give help instead.
Your advice of look and click doesn't help at all, that's why it's called an "accident" because you can't predict when something can go wrong even if you "look before you click" now that's a LOL for you:lol: Accidents happen by chance, so if you look before you click there is a 30% chance you would click it when you didn't want to click it, seriously get that into your head and stop with the advice of "look before you click"

Looks like some people should spend more time on their bronze age city than in the forum, maybe, just maybe they would learn something more about the game and then make intelligent suggestions instead of trying to convince people that their bad idea is a good one!

Ahh, It works! The ignore option is a wonderful thing. Finally! Peace & Quiet on the Silly Idea Front - Love It! That water main break is not fixed, but well patched. Fixed would be no more than one idea per month per forum member! This way only serious, well thought ideas would be suggested, not the random thoughts of someone popping into the game once a week, but in the forum for hours & days on end!

In fact, maybe even limit ideas to those who actually catalog a set amount of time in the game and whose ranking points increase a set amount per month, can actually make suggested ideas!

DeletedUser109385

Ahh, It works! The ignore option is a wonderful thing. Finally! Peace & Quiet on the Silly Idea Front - Love It! That water main break is not fixed, but well patched. Fixed would be no more than one idea per month per forum member! This way only serious, well thought ideas would be suggested, not the random thoughts of someone popping into the game once a week, but in the forum for hours & days on end!

In fact, maybe even limit ideas to those who actually catalog a set amount of time in the game and whose ranking points increase a set amount per month, can actually make suggested ideas!
That would never happen, why don't you suggest an idea let's see how much effort you put it and it seems like you didn't know there was an ignore option, looks like things aren't looking good for you

It is ok not to know everything; why wouldn't it be.

However, Let's look at it another way:

You've just got hired by a new employer and, after just your first week on the job, you start with suggestion after suggestion with how your employer can make their company better. Keep in mind you haven't even had a chance to even grasp how the company you wish to change even functions, why it's a successful company, or how it acheived it's success in the first place.

Just how long would that new employee last making a complete nuisance of himself with endless, rediculous ideas?

Last edited:

DeletedUser109385

It is ok not to know everything; why wouldn't it be.

However, Let's look at it another way:

You a just got hired by a new employer and, after just your first week on the job, you start with suggestion after suggestion with how your employer can make their company better. Keep in mind you haven't even had a chance to even grasp how the company you wish to change even functions, why it's a successful company, or how it acheived it's success in the first place.

Just how long would that new employee last making a complete nuisance of himself with endless, rediculous ideas?
That's a good example but still I am not buying that all of my ideas are ridiculous, employees are allowed to make as many suggestions as they like to improve the business as long as you have experience in the previous jobs you did.
And what world do you play in? Just asking
And in the forums is often the same people who comment over and over again, where are the millions of players who play this game? This forum is just made out of like 200 people, that's not even half of the people who play this game.
Btw are you going to take my bet or not?:rolleyes: