• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: Real Mercenary (Military Units)

Proposal:
Suggesting real "Mercenaries"

Similar Idea:
Nope - Comment me if I'm wrong :)

Reason:
I think it's going to help New Players grow as well as letting the Middle Players get more profit out

Details:
Umm, I was thinking of a tab (right next to the Market) where you can "Sell" or "Lend" (or "Rent") Millitary Units. There must be interest, of course (this is where the Mid Players profit).

For example, if Mr. A rents a Rogue from Mr. B, and Mr. A gets him killed in a battle, Mr. A must ...
Get a new Rogue / Get some other stuff for Mr. B (such as FPs, Coins, whatnot ... )

That is only the first part. If Mr. A gets the Rogue to lose 1 Health in a battle, Mr. A can just wait until it regains health. (That health part I'm not sure to make my mind). Then, he can return it to Mr. B

Then it's time for interests. Mr. B must have written his terms or said it to Mr. A. It may be FP or Coins or Supplies. (I suggest the game to let Mr. A contribute or just give - as Forge Point Packages - to Mr. B).

Visual Aids:
Sorry ... Couldn't prepare this one

Balance:
It seems that it's going to be quite a big change if this does happen. Like the last part of the "Detail"
It may be FP or Coins or Supplies. (I suggest the game to let Mr. A contribute or just give - as Forge Point Packages - to Mr. B).

Abuse Prevention:
No, I think (again, need to read the other comments) it's gonna be great if the FoE guys do it :) One thing I do think is a bit concerning is that HLPs can give huge amounts of FPs to Lower Guild Members. I guess the FoE guys can just set a ratio.

Guys, I know most of y'all are High Level Players. But there are some who don't have their own Traz. (I have one, fortunately) I doubt it but I still think you HLPs can get something out of it :)

Edit) Only these following units
1. Current Age
2. All Ages (Rogue and stuff)
3. No Ages

Last edited:

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Absolutely abusive. There is already enough problems and imbalance with lower Age players profitting and having access to much, much higher Age buildings - so to even possibly consider having a lower Age player using Higher (or otherwise unobtainable) Age troops is very abusive. Even rogues. If a player is not able to get their own rogues yet - there is a reason for it - they need to learn and experience the game more first.
Now, take the possibility that you adapt and say these 'mercenaries' can only be of the same Age as the lower player - that also leads to abuse. Player just starts a new Age, and should have access to a Ballista mercenary - where Ballista is obtainable usually at the end of the lower Age researches.
FoE is a game of time and patience - there is absolutely no reason to keep trying to create ideas to quicken a player when the game is designed and balanced over a course of time. This idea is very poor.

There is already means/ways of getting troops beyond having researched them - such as GE and GbG rewards, as well as can be found during Events.

Last edited:
All my Mercenaries come with powerful fighting skills too!
1640031724842.png

Troops available all the way to SAV.
Sounds like a great idea; add a new tab to the Auction House called Mercenaries.
Here you will find available troops to purchase complete with attached Attack Boosts.
However you will only be able to buy them by the singles - same as the way standard troops are sold now.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
All my Mercenaries come with powerful fighting skills too!
View attachment 24107
Troops available all the way to SAV.
Sounds like a great idea; add a new tab to the Auction House called Mercenaries.
Here you will find available troops to purchase complete with attached Attack Boosts.
However you will only be able to buy them by the singles - same as the way standard troops are sold now.
great idea, i support this new building/idea 100%! I will sell to iron age player 8 power dragons with my attack boost (2115%-1018%) for 1000 FPs, he will gladly pay them 1000 FPs cause then he go and play GbG with them and even after he paid 1000 FPs 8 units with that attack boost he can play GbG with iron age units till atrition 999.999 and make some 'small profit' from rewards even if he paid 'only' 1000 FPs 'huge army' of 8 units... so this is 'totaly unexploitable' so i dont see a reason to not allow it... :D

great idea, i support this new building/idea 100%! I will sell to iron age player 8 power dragons with my attack boost (2115%-1018%) for 1000 FPs, he will gladly pay them 1000 FPs cause then he go and play GbG with them and even after he paid 1000 FPs 8 units with that attack boost he can play GbG with iron age units till atrition 999.999 and make some 'small profit' from rewards even if he paid 'only' 1000 FPs 'huge army' of 8 units... so this is 'totaly unexploitable' so i dont see a reason to not allow it... :D
Ugh, yeah, I knew someone would mention that. I forgot to edit it. Not any age; the FoE gotta allow only "All Ages" and "No Ages" and "Current Age"

Knight of ICE

Idea is unformatted cause it is missing a poll, but once formatted it will be DNS.

• Better units to fight against other units (ie no monster/super units that can sweep all others). New units ideas must be balanced with existing ones.
  • Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).
  • Expansions as rewards. The game is meant to be played with the space available, its part of the challenge to decide what to put and keep in your city.
  • New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game
  • Extreme changes (new battle system, ...)