• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

railgun and drone swarm

DeletedUser96901

most units are better than the same units of the previous era

the combat drone is very good: with 93% boost I did the first 9 provinces of the Future

I sure won't be half as successful with the drone swarm

the reasons are simple: combat drones always can shot in first move (if not against hidden units), drone swarm only half of the time if you are lucky
if you are not against ranged/artillery you get a retaliation

so if it is better to use the same unit (here: fast) of the previous era then it proves that the new unit is garbage :p

DeletedUser108614

Fasts are all trash from BA up to IndA anyway. But I guess there should be a bad unit existing so they can create some "easy" sectors in the begin of an age.

DeletedUser100832

Fasts are all trash from BA up to IndA anyway. But I guess there should be a bad unit existing so they can create some "easy" sectors in the begin of an age.

not true. Heavy knights are the best unit in lma.

DeletedUser7719

In defense they may be useless, but I used fast units very effectively on the map in the early ages.

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
it seems drone swarms are more effective against artillery units of AF and above compared to rail guns, because of the 'ignores enemy's defence' feature of the rail gun. In AA, drone swarm plus 7 rogues are lots of fun against an all artillery DA of SAJM.

Shad23

Emperor
weird against rail guns i usualy use 1 drone swarm +7 rogues ok i loose the drone swarm but the 7 rogues are ok no damage or verry litle on the rogues