• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Quickly exit the treasure screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Proposal: Quickly exit the treasure screen simply by clicking away from the window/automatically closing the window after collecting treasure.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Didn't find one.

Reason: Every time I collect my treasure, I find it quite annoying that I have to aim my mouse over the tiny x button to close the window. It just couldn't be any smaller, now could it? All I want is the ability to also close the screen just by clicking on your city in the background. Another suggestion would be to automatically close the box after collecting treasure.

Details: Just click on your city to exit the treasure screen or auto close after collection.

Visual Aids: I'm healthy. Thanks.

Balance: Erm...

Abuse Prevention: Erm......

Summary: Being able to quickly exit the treasure screen by being able to close it by being able to click the city in the background. Or automobiles.

Last edited:

DeletedUser105579

+1. Very nice simple change. The script wouldn't be too hard to make this change either. Just changing the link location from the x to everywhere but the map and person..

patrick3377

Corporal
+1
Very often I play on small touch screen and it'll be nice if either this idea is implemented or the [x] button is bigger.

DeletedUser7719

+1, would like certain screens to work the same way as well

DeletedUser99588

This may not be as easy as you think as the way it opens treasure hunt screen the rest of the city is locked out. You may have to settle for an actual exit button.

DeletedUser5180

This may not be as easy as you think as the way it opens treasure hunt screen the rest of the city is locked out. You may have to settle for an actual exit button.

i agree, with the city being locked this would not work and if it could be done, then clicking outside the window would probably activate something within the city requiring more clicks to cancel it.

simpler solutions would be either a larger X button or after collecting from the chest the window auto closes after a 2 second delay allowing time to see which reward was given.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100341

Actually I would think it would be very easy, if you've ever worked with dialog boxes. If I click on the "Collect and Sail" button it closes the Treasure Hunt dialog and opens the prize dialog. At least I only have to click close once.

DeletedUser99588

Actually I would think it would be very easy, if you've ever worked with dialog boxes. If I click on the "Collect and Sail" button it closes the Treasure Hunt dialog and opens the prize dialog. At least I only have to click close once.

That would work but not what OP suggested :)

Surge

Brigadier-General
That would work but not what OP suggested :)

This is why we have a forum to discuss these things and refine them. Otherwise it might be a mess if whatever everyone proposed was taken without discussion. I'll edit that in the OP.

As for how my original idea is impossible, if there's one thing I have learned in programming, it's that whatever you might think is impossible, can be implemented. You just need to think about it. For example, who said that you NEED to lock the city once you enter the treasure screen? Why not, instead of a darkening filter that blocks any action beyond it, implement a same-sized box that reacts to a click? Or add an if statement saying that if anything other than the treasure box is clicked, close the box.

DeletedUser14782

This is why we have a forum to discuss these things and refine them. Otherwise it might be a mess if whatever everyone proposed was taken without discussion.
Hear, Hear!

For example, who said that you NEED to lock the city once you enter the treasure screen? Why not, instead of a darkening filter that blocks any action beyond it, implement a same-sized box that reacts to a click? Or add an if statement saying that if anything other than the treasure box is clicked, close the box.

LOL makes total sense

DeletedUser99588

This is why we have a forum to discuss these things and refine them. Otherwise it might be a mess if whatever everyone proposed was taken without discussion. I'll edit that in the OP.

I agree which is why I posted in the first place to raise the issue that things may not be as simple as your original idea before editing was made.

As for how my original idea is impossible, if there's one thing I have learned in programming, it's that whatever you might think is impossible, can be implemented. You just need to think about it. For example, who said that you NEED to lock the city once you enter the treasure screen? Why not, instead of a darkening filter that blocks any action beyond it, implement a same-sized box that reacts to a click? Or add an if statement saying that if anything other than the treasure box is clicked, close the box.

If you read my post I'm sure you will be able to understand that I didn't state it was impossible. You have somehow decided to interpret it that way which I have no control over. I actually stated 'it may not be as easy as you think' and I hold by that statement.

There are reasons why dialogs are opened in a certain way so they do not allow input of data including looking for mouse click events outside of them. However, it is poor programming practice to only have the cross as a means of closing a dialog. Normal convention would be to have an exit button.

I can't really go into any detail as I do not know the constraints the developers are working with I can only give the benefit of my limited experience that your original suggestion may not be something that could be implemented easily. I believe by doing so I was in fact discussing your idea which you may note I didn't -1.

Your response to it seems to highlight that in fact you yourself may not like a discussion unless it involves +1 for your idea.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Sorry, I misread it. I read your post a day or two before replying but I didn't reply then since I didn't have much time. I'm fine with people disagreeing with me and I have had an idea or two that was slammed by everyone, notably picking which specific army to fight against in GvG. Actually a lot of people disagree with my opinions/ideas on many things and I can see why. Again, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.