• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Quick way to Select Production buildings and use them

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7837

Improvement Idea

Proposal:
My Idea is about quick selecting your production buildings and start them faster

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
yes I searched the forum but couldnt find a similar idea.

Details:
This is the current way that Production building works :
you need to select a production building like shoemaker , then Select a product and time of production like "15 minutes" to get supplies.
Then you need to repeat the step above a lot of times for other buildings which depends on number of production buildings you have.
For example :
Number of Clicks to make 50 production buildings of same type start working : 100 Clicks ( 50 clicks to select them and 50 more clicks to make them start working)

My Idea :
Double Click on one of your production buildings make all of buildings of same type selected then you can Select a Product and time for all of them at once.
For example :
Number of Clicks to make 50 production building of same type start working : 2 Clicks ( 1 click to select them all and 1 click to make them start working)

Reason:
This Idea would Save time a lot.
Think about it , you have 30 shoemakers and 10 farm , you can just double click on one of your shoemakers and choose a time and product for all of them , then you do it again for your farms and you are done . but normally you have to select and start them One by One which takes lots of time

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
none

DeletedUser2029

I was thinking about something similar.
When you click that "sleepy moon" icon on the right side, instead of the game zooming in on the idle building it would open the production screen of said building.
The reason I didn't proposed it as an idea was bots, it just oversimplifies the game and makes it more vulnerable. I believe you'll get the same explanation.
Other than that +1 from me.

P.S. Is double-click even possible in flash?

DeletedUser7837

I was thinking about something similar.
When you click that "sleepy moon" icon on the right side, instead of the game zooming in on the idle building it would open the production screen of said building.
The reason I didn't proposed it as an idea was bots, it just oversimplifies the game and makes it more vulnerable. I believe you'll get the same explanation.
Other than that +1 from me.

P.S. Is double-click even possible in flash?

i dont know about the way bots work and if it makes the game vulnerable to them but devs has already made Collecting of gold and supplies so easy with just 1 Click and drag so i thought maybe they can do the same about supplies too,

i have no information about double clicking in flash too but if devs try to add this feature to game , i think it would be possible with many ways , for example they can add a checkbox to production menu and if you check it , it will do the same , something like this pic ( sorry about quality of this pic :D )

shoe2.png

DeletedUser8709

no matter what you do, there will be bot ability to play.

The trick is deciding who is using a bot, and who is hot sitting with a room mate... both allow 24 x 7 play.

Are they both cheating?

And if one person is able to sleep very little and play many hours of the day and night due to something like coffee and home schooling, how many hours can they play before it's considered cheating?

I, for one, sleep in 4 hour cycles 2x per day, so if I set production to match my 4 hour cycles, and play the entire rest of the time, is that cheating?

Just wondering, because I have been playing mostly all day and night, with very short sleeps between play... it's not as good as diamonds, but it's better than playing a few minutes 2 or 3x a day like so many people do.

Thanks,
SW

NimaV: You can already hold down the mouse button and collect all coins and production in a single maneuver before releasing the mouse...

It's only in selecting future production where it gets tedious...

Even so, I can live with it the way it is, even with 40+ workers to click on and select production...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

It feels like this was mentioned before, but nevertheless, +1 from me
Btw PorfirioDiaz, you can already double-click a specific unit of your army, and all units will be selected, so I don't think that will be a problem in the programming

DeletedUser

I support the idea, but it does take a lot from the devs in terms of diamond usage. How about tweaking the idea a little, and let people click on all production buildings to activate them for production, then double click on any activated production building to set the production time?

Otherwise, +1 from me!

DeletedUser7719

I support the idea, but it does take a lot from the devs in terms of diamond usage. How about tweaking the idea a little, and let people click on all production buildings to activate them for production, then double click on any activated production building to set the production time?

Otherwise, +1 from me!
Just my opinion, but I think the OP would be easier to implement then your idea

DeletedUser579

I was trolling through all the ideas threads to see if this had already been suggested and having found this, I can see it had! :o)

an excellent idea ++1 from me!

DeletedUser

Just my opinion, but I think the OP would be easier to implement then your idea

OP's idea is a way simpler idea (in terms of programming and user experience), the only thing is if the game creators wish to still have a 'collect all' feature, it would be pretty useless if we get a 'produce all' function to the production buildings, as well as the much easier to use drag-to-collect feature we already have!

I fully support the OP's idea though, collecting and producing should be less work as resources are the lifeblood of this game to all players. Diamonds should be used for things that are really useful, but not absolutely necessary.

DeletedUser

I also support the idea. The current rules punish players who use smaller buildings with more time spent resetting cycles. It may not seem like much but 30 clockmakers is a lot more tedious than 10 tobacco plantations.

DeletedUser

i was to suggest this idea, so did a search, and luckily i found this thread. ;)

my idea is exactly the same as the picture with an added check box in #3

the check box allows u to select whether or not u want to have the same production in all other idle buildings. so u can select a couple of 8hours to finish a quest requirement then use this feature to set the timing for the leftover idle buildings. but then since it was an available diamond feature, it will be up to the devs whether they want to further implement this in addition to the click&drag collection that we now have... it will be extremely helpful to players that uses blacksmiths, alchemists and clockmakers... cos my mouse hand is starting to feel rusty and there's no way i can oil it... :o

DeletedUser

This is a good idea. As mentioned, EVERY shortcut can be discredited as "exploitable", but features like these help even the odds for the casual player by saving time. Die-Hard players will happily click 100000 times if it will give them an edge (which many more casual players cannot commit to), so making it a little easier process benefits EVERYONE equally. Enjoying the game for most people means having a simple, user-friendly system that is not time consuming for seemingly simple activities. It's nice to be able to jump in and take care of everything with just a few clicks. It probably would improve overall activity as well, since many players may feel more inclined to log in when they only have a few spare minutes, simply because they can get a lot done in short order.

+1 from me, for what it's worth. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2989

I actually wouldn't mind this if it was implemented, I don't have a large group of supplies buildings but it'd save a few clicks. I'd +1 this and also say I'd support it if applied to goods buildings too.

A couple of years later and it looks like this idea didn't fly. Too bad, but I'll still leave it a +1. All that repetition can be tedious for the untrained.

DeletedUser

I do like this idea, it's a good suggestion and I am surprised that it has not yet received enough support to be forwarded to the developers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.