• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Quick "Use Forge Point Package" buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97579

Proposal:

Under the "Buy Forge Points" buttons in other people's cities, there should be shortcuts to use existing Forge Point packages from your inventory.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes, No, in that order.

Reason:

If you're in somebody's city contributing to their GB and you run out of FPs, but have some Forge Point Packages in your inventory and want to use them, the route is somewhat complicated.

- Close the GB contribution Window
- Click the "Back to City" button
- (potentially) close the "GBs you're contributing to" window
- Click the "Inventory" icon
- Use the Forge Point Package
- Close the Inventory
- Click on your name
- Click on the "GBs you're contributing to"
- Find the person and visit their map
- Scroll back around their map to find the GB, then open it
- Get back to contributing

I'd have thought that this could be streamlined

Details / Visual Aids:

Currently, the "Purchase Forge Points" window looks like

PN5Gm52.png

I suggest increasing this to include buttons that enable you to use Small, Medium and Large Forge Point Packages from your inventory.

s6dzIAy.png

Gold for available, greyed out if you don't have any of those particular types in your inventory.

This would enable you to quickly refill your FPs and continue to contributing to their GBs.

Balance:

No issues.

Abuse Prevention:

None. If you don't have the packages in your inventory to use - the buttons are greyed out.

DeletedUser1081

Sounds good to me! (The small FP package has 2FPs in it, so that's +1 in more ways than one :cool:)

DeletedUser7719

+1-ish, there was an idea similar to this before (but too similar) and there was a response on why accessing your forge points with ease was a problem...

DeletedUser97579

and there was a response on why accessing your forge points with ease was a problem...
As I can't seem to find that particular post, can you remember how improving the playability (but not changing the difficulty of the game) was considered a problem?

A basic "Are you sure?" confirmation box would prevent the accidental clicks.

DeletedUser15432

This idea would probably work very well, and if I knew how to add a positive I would

DeletedUser7719

You're obviously missing the arithmetic involved in calculating the COSTS of the packages.
But the idea is wanting to use the fp packages you have in your inventory if I'm understanding this correctly. I don't see how it makes it easier to implement by using the formulas

DeletedUser1081

Right: It's about simplifying access to the FP packages we already own, not about buying new ones. No cost calculations necessary.

Amy Steele

General
+1 from me - this would also streamline using FP packs to pay for research, in much the same way. Though admittedly the current system is not so cumbersome when using FP packs to pay for research, since all you have to do is close the tech tree window, click on inventory, use an FP pack and return to the tech tree to spend the FPs. However it would make it much simpler and more streamlined to spend more than 10 FPs from your inventory on research.

DeletedUser13082

+1 from me for this. A small job which would save a lot of time!

However, there are no 1 point packages, only 2 5 and 10 :p

DeletedUser97579

Likewise - including from the '+' button within a friend's GB :)

Status
Not open for further replies.