• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: [Quests] Recurring Quests

DeletedUser16126

At first sight it would have supporting this idea,
but hasn't this additional quest not been introduced to mitigate the inballance by those with very high Chateau that could just continue to execute the same quests and hardly loose resources?
Those people will get almost unlimitted FP's as a side effect, they just have to spend some extra time. Now with clicking 100 times to cancel the quests their play is getting annoyed.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
At first sight it would have supporting this idea,
but hasn't this additional quest not been introduced to mitigate the inballance by those with very high Chateau that could just continue to execute the same quests and hardly loose resources?
Those people will get almost unlimitted FP's as a side effect, they just have to spend some extra time. Now with clicking 100 times to cancel the quests their play is getting annoyed.
so you are saying making a game annoying or boring is the way how to atract players?

DeletedUser16126

I'm saying that annoying the game is sometimes the only way to keep the game fair and in balance.
If the game is getting unfair then you will loose more players.
This proposal will just make it heaven for people that have 500% quest boost, they can just just enable 3 quests (we all know which ones it will be) and just keep keep on clicking finishing it, and get richer and richer... The whole game ill be f**cked up again!
This is not the game I want to play.
The problem with this game is that the "best players" just try to exploit the loopholes of this game.
So If inno is able to close these backdoors, then proposals like this just need to be refused to keep the game fair.

DeletedUser6838

Pretty much what Jouchka said. Also, if i recall then someone said that each different quest that repeats can reward diamonds only once each age, so if you are in colonial age and get 20 diamonds for the "collect 120k coins", then the next time you get a chance for diamonds from that quest is in Industrial age, if that info is correct, then farming diamonds doesn't seem much of a problem, just lets you get the diamond reward from them easier and faster, HOWEVER, while having high level Cheteau means you can pretty much farm coins, supplies, goods and medals for pretty much nothing, so saying that you got so many goods lying around to use on repeatable quests, then how does this idea make it easier to sink them? More like an easier way to gain more and more of em.

rjs66

Lieutenant
there is nothing stopping people clicking through aborting the quests they don't want until the one they do want turns up again
that is why they are referred to as loop quests or recurring quests
all that is being suggested is that it would save a lot of clicks (and traffic back and forth to the server) if you pick the quest from a drop-down or something
it doesn't change what the outcome is - just the number of clicks

so your argument against this is meaningless
if someone has a chateau it doesn't change the quest selection
if you are jealous of someone who has a chateau then why not build one yourself ?

DeletedUser16126

The argument is not meaningless...
If the proposal gets implemented, then someone with a high CdF will be able to finish a quest every 3 seconds, and getting richer and richer...
So in 1 hour he could finish 1200 quests. with the current amount of quests he has to skip, he can cycle through the list twice in 1 minute. Assume he is accepting 2 per cycle, he can finish 120 quests. If he wants the same amount he will need to click for 10 hours. That's a big difference!
In the first case he will have 10% chance to get a FP pack, so after 1 hour he will have 600 FP's for free.
Everyone knows that with 600 FP's you can upgrade almost every GB of your own at any level (people with high arcs will put the other Fp's for you).
So if this gets implemented some players will level their own GB's at a rate of 1 GB-level per hour. It's not jealousy against people with an high CdF. I'm just trying to keep the game enjoyable for everyone and I prefer the game that I started to play 4 years agoo, rather than the legalized pushing game it has become.

rjs66

Lieutenant
so they finish in 3 seconds rather than 15 seconds and a few more clicks
the Frontenac has no bearing at all on the quests that are presented

Andrew420

Major
so they finish in 3 seconds rather than 15 seconds and a few more clicks
If you follow this logic and it only takes you 15 seconds and a few more clicks to reach the quest you want that's not much more than 3 seconds
So there is really no need for this idea

rjs66

Lieutenant
but it does get a bit tedious clicking through sets of quests you don't want, so you can get to the one you do want to do
it would be relatively simple to implement and given that people are going to do this regardless of whether they have a chateau or not (or at what level), when you reach the end of Arctic Future there are lots more recurring quests which people just don't want anyway (there have been other posts complaining about them)
it would also reduce server traffic

DeletedUser6838

there is nothing stopping people clicking through aborting the quests they don't want until the one they do want turns up again
that is why they are referred to as loop quests or recurring quests
all that is being suggested is that it would save a lot of clicks (and traffic back and forth to the server) if you pick the quest from a drop-down or something
it doesn't change what the outcome is - just the number of clicks

so your argument against this is meaningless
if someone has a chateau it doesn't change the quest selection
if you are jealous of someone who has a chateau then why not build one yourself ?

A typical "i want more, faster and easier" type of response....

rjs66

Lieutenant
hardly that at all
just a nice idea that was put forward by someone to improve the user interface and the experience that the end users have
it doesn't affect how more more of anything you you get or give you stuff any faster - just removes some of the pointless clicking that inno seem so fond of.

DeletedUser653

the 4 decorations quest is actually not bad for people low on resourses. but the happiness is waste of time, i doubt anyone will ever do it
Its a useful quest only when you actually have to build new happy buildings so in the time its been on rotating quests i think i have used it once or twice

But back to the idea:
+1
Yes Please, one of the most boring parts of FOW is the endless clicking to cycle round the repeating quests and this was made much worse not so long ago by increasing the quest options. I think i get about 5 repeating quests a day and each one is just the pits so 100% support this idea.

DeletedUser16126

the 4 decorations quest is actually not bad for people low on resourses. but the happiness is waste of time, i doubt anyone will ever do it
This quest is cheaper to complete than the coins/supplies payment quest, so I use it to burn supplies.
But was very upset when they decided to change it to 8 decos, which increased the numbers of clicks to build and sell the decos drastically.

DeletedUser12146

Again, optimization! Why in the hell do we need to make 100x clicks if we can only make 2x? Is this game a contest of who make more server requests?

+1

DeletedUser98451

+1 The game needs this implemented as soon as possible, the endless clicking has become intolerable to the extent some players i know are moth-balling cities, myself included.
The argument that some will abuse it is meaningless, cheats cheat and will always abuse anything they can. Already there plunder groups being formed to abuse the new OF GB and it hasn't even been released here yet